PDA

View Full Version : Pilots and Car Insurance

rse
28th Sep 2005, 16:25
Dear All,

Curious question but does anyone know where pilots come on the occupational risk list for car insurance?

If they can handle an airbus are pilots considered 'less risky' an investment behind the wheel?!?

Cheers for any input,

RSE>

favourite_gas
28th Sep 2005, 17:45
If they can handle an airbus are pilots considered 'less risky' an investment behind the wheel?!?

I wouldn't think so, as it's the other road users who are more likely to cause an accident, therefore being a 'good' driver probably doesn't help.

YYZ
28th Sep 2005, 17:48
If you are a member of BALPA you can apparently get reduced insurance through a particular company, though when I tried them they were more expensive?

I have found in general, if I state I am a pilot my premium goes up?

YYZ

Conan the Librarian
28th Sep 2005, 21:55
I have found in general, if I state I am a pilot my premium goes up?

I think that Norwich Union and their buddies probably read the motoring threads from aviators on Pprune!

Conan

Piltdown Man
29th Sep 2005, 12:41
I'm with esure, my premiums went down. The only occupations they had a downer on were actors (and other such drama queens) and sportsmen (of both sexes).

29th Sep 2005, 12:58
The only occupations they had a downer on were actors (and other such drama queens) and sportsmen (of both sexes).

With all the diving and faking that goes on in football today, I wouldn't have said that the two catagories were that different.