PDA

View Full Version : Yacht husband faces 10,000 bill for sabotage

Daysleeper
28th Sep 2005, 16:10
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4288962.stm)

Basically bloke fell out with the missus, she tried to sell their yacht for 20K less than it was worth so he scuttled it.

Sting in the tail 10K bill from harbour.:\

Kelas
28th Sep 2005, 16:18
Why is it that whenever a woman falls out with her husband she has to do something wacky and crazy?! What's wrong with these crazy mares!

B Sousa
28th Sep 2005, 16:43
If he can afford the boat he can afford the salvage.......
As to the Wifey........"Cant Understand Normal Thinking"

BOFH
28th Sep 2005, 20:51
Has it been established that the husband knew that his boat was to be sold so cheaply? Moreover, did the wife have, (with her 50% share), the right to sell the boat unilaterally?

I hate to see a fine ketch (described in the newspaper as being 'two-masted') scuttled, but at least the aggreived husband had the satisfaction of freaking that hosebeast[0] out a bit, even if it cost 10K.

On the other hand, creating a hazard to navigation is very naughty at best. I just wish I had seen the adverstisement first.

BOFH

[0] For all I know, he might have been at fault - but this is no reason to deprive yourselves of that sort of money implies great immaturity at the very least

HowlingWind
28th Sep 2005, 21:01
implies great immaturity at the very least Divorce proceedings have been known to bring out the worst in people... :sad: