PDA

View Full Version : Three quarters of SAA management experience resigns

Spanish Flyboy
28th Sep 2005, 13:26
This is a very funny (sad for South Africa) story. A few weeks ago in one of the local South African newspapers was an eight page insert from SAA. It started out apologising for the strike and went on to thank the loyal customers and proclaim how great the airline is. To get to the point page 8 showed pictures of the 9 member senior management team of SAA with a grand total of 43 years experience in the airline business. It seems that about 31 years of that total experience was in the person of Chief Operating Officer, Kyrl Acton. I remember thinking when he was hired, "what a smart move on the part of SAA". but NEWSFLASH.
Todays Business Report states that Mr. Acton is resigning. HMMMMM. What in the world am I to think?

APPOLO
28th Sep 2005, 13:37
No more paleface scapegoats are going to be left. Maybe those SAA sky jockeys aren't stupid in wanting to dump their CEO (nine months experience) with three of those on the golf cource and three more on helicopters. Ha Ha! Glad I moved to a wonderful sunny Pacific Island paridise.

Fat A1bert
28th Sep 2005, 18:33
mmm, bizarre

Certainly isn't funny. To be fair, the guy was chucked in the deep end. Lawsuits flying all over the place, cabin crew strike and threat of pilot strike, pilots vs. management in the press - he must have wondered what the hell was going on.

On the other hand, perhaps this makes a point about the quality of Guinness in SA.

I'm sure it'll all become clear as mud in no time.

Spanish Flyboy
4th Oct 2005, 11:17
Acton came out smelling like a rose at Lan Chile. The problems were bigger. Here he will smell like the dung they'll throw on him. Well he can probably be happy with his millions in departure fees. LOL You gotta love the reference made by the Minister to "offload him".

http://www.businessday.co.za/articles/topstories.aspx?ID=BD4A98382