PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Stars?

F/O Bloggs
27th Sep 2005, 10:53
One for the Air trafficers in Darwin.
What gives with the Star issuing?
Center is saying "Expect Feegs 2 Star", but it is not being issued until contacting Darwin Approach. The prob with this is that it is being issued too late, well into the descent, and past one of the transition points. Are we supposed to track to the Vor once past the transition point or track as per the Star?

Why can't center issue it early like they do in Perth?

Capt Claret
27th Sep 2005, 12:20
F/O Bloggs

The reason is that the BN Centre folk haven't had access to the ATC Sim to become trained and rated on the STARs, therefore they can't issue a clearance.

Darwin's (ATC) airspace doesn't start until about 80ish NM therfore you don't get the STAR until transferred.

From an operational perspective, though undesirable, you can work th STARs in the knowledge that all of the transitions are on published inbound tracks to the Omni. The next waypoint is on the same track and is the point where the STAR sends you off to the appropriate runway.

So, inbound from Alice you'll get an Agust transition with Reddo the next waypoint. Direct to Reddo, then enter STAR and you're in-like-Flynn.

Advice from AsA and Darwin ATC is that the required training and rating of BN CTR ATCOs should be complete by Oct/Nov.

Cheers,
Clarrie.

F/O Bloggs
27th Sep 2005, 13:54
Cheers, thanks for that Capn C,

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Bloggs.

:)

tobzalp
27th Sep 2005, 14:19
There was another thread about this if you do a search that may have more info. The training issue is the goods I believe however.

rmcdonal
27th Sep 2005, 22:24
I was buzzing around one night a couple of months ago when a QF pilot asked the same thing to BN CEN. The controller just replied "Welcome to the NT":E

Capt Claret
27th Sep 2005, 22:43
The NT

Not Today, Not Tomorow! :\

I Love This Show
28th Sep 2005, 03:04
... Not Tuesdee, Not Thursdee....