PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet staff share holdings

webstir
27th Sep 2005, 09:11
Does anybody know the percentage of staff, non board level, who are shareholders.?
Not share option participants. I have never worked for a more miserable outfit with such poor morale and I feel people here are not proud of saying they work for the evil orange one. No staff that I know share any esprit de corps that I have experienced elsewhere. Could there be a correlation between staff share holdings and morale. I am prepared to be corrected, but i believe John Lewis who enjoy excellent morale, make all their staff shareholders. Something needs to change here at easy and I believe most aircrew have a genuine interest in wanting to succeed at whatever they do and would like to forge a carreer at one airline, but after a very short time, I myself am led to believe it is not going to be easyJet for me

Getoutofmygalley
27th Sep 2005, 19:53
Speak for yourself when you say you are not proud of saying you work for the 'evil orange one!'

I myself am very proud to work for easyJet - ok the uniform may not be the best but at LGW we have great crew and excellent CRM between flight deck and cabin crew.

Quite a lot of the LGW FA's took part in the recent easyJet share options - I myself took part in both the SAYE and BAYE.

Unfortunately you will never be able to find out how many staff are share holders who have not gone through the share option schemes as they are considered to be private share holders - information which EZY will not be privy too.

If after such a short time you feel EZY is not the airline for you, then why don't you do yourself a favour and look for a job with another airline, one which will hopefully be more to your liking - this comment is not mean't as a bitchy nasty one, but is intended as a helpful comment as you are obviously not happy working for us.

DDF
27th Sep 2005, 21:09
webstir
Both my girlfriend and I work for easyJet and both took part in the BAYE and SAYE and I am more than happy to tell people I work for a great airline called easyJet :O . The staff travel though is another story....:mad:

dawn raider
28th Sep 2005, 09:57
webstir,

you may be right. there is a large gap between perception and reality. easy is basically a good airline to work for but the public perception is as per the TV prog. cheap and nasty. the orange doesn't help much.

done the rounds, keeping my eyes open but you could do far far worse. the next years performance and if / or not they downgrade staff benefits again will determine if morale goes up or down.

it could be worse, you could be in r... a..:ok:

Doug the Head
28th Sep 2005, 10:46
I just got the SAYE because I donīt intend to stay more than 5 years.

If Iīm still here after 5 years then I can hopefull make some money, if not then I just cash in the SAYE and pack my bags.

Proud to work for EZY? NO!

Except for the last day of the month (payday!), there is very little that I enjoy about EZY. Whether itīs the ugly and dirty aircraft, the ugly cabin crew (donīt take it personal Getoutofmygalley ;) ), the 4 sector/days with 20 min. turn arounds, the lack of organisation and the careless attitude of management towards the cabin + flight crew. For me itīs just too far removed from from the presigious industry that aviation once was.

Iīm honest about it, thereīs just not much in EZY that spells out "career airline" for me so Iīm waiting for a good opportunity to pass by and logging valuable jet hours in the mean time. Iīm an optimist and I DO believe that there are much better companies out there.

Oh yeah, the people are very nice in EZY! I think that this airline could have great potential but the facts are that there is NO long term plan whatsoever by management to turn this company into a nice place to work.

To the contrary, everything (ugly cabin crew uniforms, constant roster changes, the endless reports/journey logs that people are writing, lack of stafftravel, not being allow to pre-board whilst positioning on EZY aircraft etc) seems to be designed in such a way to completely break morale and self esteem of the employees.

If some people want to bend over more and more each year then thatīs fine with me.

I donīt really have a masochistic personality and I guess therefore EZY isnīt my cuppa tea! :yuk: