PDA

View Full Version : qatar a300-600 routes??

abaptiste
26th Sep 2005, 23:06
What routes does the A300-600 fly at QR and what's the length of the layovers? Would it be better to go on the A320 or A330??

knotaloud
27th Sep 2005, 04:29
Thought you 'bombed' the interview?

If you have the job, what did they offer you? All THREE choices?

abaptiste
27th Sep 2005, 11:07
I thought so too. They offered me A300. So if anybody knows the routes/layovers etc will greatly be appreciated.

Also, would like to get a jump start on the ground school so would greatly appreciate any info as regards to procedures/profiles/comapny calls etc

capt.magoo
27th Sep 2005, 12:31
the best routes in QR are on the A300
you have short and medium hall,a bit of nights and days plus decent nightstops

cirrus81
27th Sep 2005, 12:39
hey just wondering u interviewd for SO or FO? if for SO what was the process.

abaptiste
27th Sep 2005, 13:05
thanks planet earth for all the info.

I interviewed for F/O

Qatari515
27th Sep 2005, 15:46
Well I hope your flying skills are better than your bombing skills:)

Welcome on board.

Do not worry about the groundschool. If you have some IQ you will get through. Is this a new machine for you or did u fly the A300 before?

The A300 is a great fleet to start at QR. Because that fleet will be phased out eventually meaning it is not serving the high profile/high frequency routes.

Result: better routestructure, better layovers, rosters more relaxed and.....the best fleet management in the company!

As I say, you will enjoy it!

QR515

;)

Hajj Man
28th Sep 2005, 08:18
you have asked a question that is changing by the month here at QR with the A-330 fleet growing and the A-300 fleet due to shrink in a few years with the coming of the 777. the hours per month on the A-300 fleet doing anywhere from 45 to 75 hours a month and it is regarded these days as "the nicest fleet to join" as the flying is very diverse.

The average amount of nights away from home can vary but you can expect to be away, out of your own bed in Doha about 12-15 days or so. You will have to also factor in that you start late at night occasionally and finish early mornings at the end of a trip also, so this will bring the nights down to 11-13 if you want to see it like this. Not sure if this is 100% correct but it is what they say?

You will lay over in:

ALG
CMB
MUC
FRA
MXP
IST
KUL
CGK (I think only 12 hours layover there is what a crew told me last time I saw them there and they go back to KUL)
TRV
HYD
AMS
ZRH
KTM
BKK
FCO
CMN (now on the A-330 back and forth i think????? not sure)
MLE (dead-heading one way or positioning layover)
MAA (dead-heading one way or positioning layover)

Qatar Airways will go MAD starting on December 2nd and NBO will start mid November. the MAD is not CRAZY, it is Madrid.

AMS,MUC and MAA are QR Cargo layovers.

and don't forget DXB for the simulator.

I would think that trying to base your decision on the route structure of a fleet is not a good idea as it will chop and change in a few weeks,months and for sure years when they phase out the A-300 and only keep a few aircraft for CARGO as the plan would have it, I think????

Good Luck

HM:ok:

oryxbollocks
28th Sep 2005, 11:51
Hajj Buddy,

MAD is going to be done by the 330 with a five day layover!

GB

(I promise not to drink any more of this stuff once Ramadan starts!)

crazy_max
28th Sep 2005, 11:56
5 day layover in Madrid? That has to suck.

fullforward
28th Sep 2005, 19:25
It depends on how much you like the "chicas hermosas", not talking about the excelent food and drink... staying in MAD hardly could "sucks", mate! Nightlife excells too!

Hajj Man
28th Sep 2005, 20:02
Oryxbollocks,

We could only wish for this flight to start on the 330 so we can go and see the bull fights and enjoy the city of MAD.

I know some people don't like the bull fights but "when in rome,......."

We could go "MAD in MAD!!!"

HM:ok:

crazy_max
28th Sep 2005, 20:53
Dear Fullforward,
I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic......Of course it doesn't suck........

fullforward
29th Sep 2005, 03:06
I wish I could have that 5 days layover in Madrid! What a wonderful city!