PDA

View Full Version : WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE!

stewart mcnicol
9th Jan 2002, 16:45
HELP!
I'm a low time FAA CPL(H) hoping to complete my CFI and IR in 6-8 weeks.If anyone can help I'm looking for work before,during or after I've completed them.Can anyone give me advice on addresses of employers nomatter how far away they are.I would welcome any advice on the direction I should take.Wherever I look I don't see any openings for someone in my position.
Regards Stewart.

b407driver
10th Jan 2002, 04:06
If the school that trained you isn't willing to potentially hire you, you may have a problem. If you fly the R22, there are a lot of potential jobs out there, you just have to go find one. If you flew a 300, 47, or F28, your opportunities are (very) limited (although a bit less so for the 300).What are you flying where, with how many hours?

Good luck!

HelosRfun
10th Jan 2002, 06:33
Ft. Rucker has lowered its min's. to around 500TT, CFI or preferably DOD IP orders. I'm sure turbine time would help as that is what you would be teaching in. If you are all robbie or 300, etc..., I would suggest flying Part 61 or 141 for awhile to build the time. There are quite a few robbie jobs out there, but then again, you are just building robbie time...