PDA

View Full Version : American airline-Ground staff

pacific.heights
26th Sep 2005, 16:28
Anyone works for American Airlines ground staff?
Or do you know anybody working for AA at LHR?

I ve got a job interview for them very soon and would like to know what it is like to work for AA? I know money is not brillant but are the people nice and what about the working conditions?

Please let me know, even by pm. Thanx

Flying Aggie
27th Sep 2005, 21:03
I used to work for AA at LHR, it is a great company to work for, I did ground handeling for the OAL department and had a great time, everyone is great. The interviews are straight forward nothing to it, but before the interview they will give you a pyschological test, numerical and verbal reasoning exam, it very easy nothing to worry about just answer as many question as you can, and do not, I mean do not answer them by just marking any square that will against you big time. the interview is very easy general question about yourself.

I hope this helps and sorry about the spelling.

pacific.heights
28th Sep 2005, 08:29
Thanx for your very useful reply. Is the numerical test hard? I am crap in maths but good in basic stuff, i passed the ones i had to take when i worked as cabin crew so hopefully i will be alright.

Is the management mainly American?

SKYYACHT
29th Sep 2005, 21:15
I worked with AA Flight Ops for about four years in the main operation, that was about 9 years ago. In addition to doing the usual crew briefing function, and met briefing, we also used to liaise with CFMU, (SO read up on Slot Message formats i.e, SIPs, etc) and we also used to do the weight and balance for third party airlines. At the time we also handled some Eastern European Airlines, so we were also doing manual ICAO despatch.

A good Company, but Flight Ops is considered a "Plum" job at AA, and competiton may be intense.

PM me if you need further info, as I am still in contact with some/most of the guys there.

Cheers

older_wiser
1st Oct 2005, 08:02
Do AA take in at Ops level or would you need to enter as, say a CSA or Ramp agent ? I currently work for a Handling Agent at Lhr, but internal politics with the airline i work with means my work is very restricted, i have 5 - 6 years experirence as an Ops Controller / Load Controller / Dispatcher from my previous job and i am looking t o utilise my experience further

galeforcewind
4th Oct 2005, 16:40
Hi

I worked at LGW for AA for three years and I think they are a great company. I was on check-in then went onto being an International Departure Co-ordinator. At Gatwick they only took us on as part time but I was on excellent money. You get premiums if you start before 7am, work on a sat and sun and also you are paid for 13months of the year so every apr and Oct you get one and a half times your monthly pay. I was sent over to Dallas twice on courses, travelled first class each way both times.

My only gripe is that the lead agents I worked with were a bunch of B*****s, hated their job because there was no promotion available but wouldn't leave because the money is too good and the concessions are excellent. Put it this way, i went home to Oz every year and only cost me £180 return..... I do not know what the staff are like at LHR, but go for it, they are a great company to work for!!

Good luck

GFW