PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Airport

night hawk 150
26th Sep 2005, 12:09
hi can anyone tell me which airlines fly from east anglia or maybe stansted to bristol.

thanks

MerchantVenturer
26th Sep 2005, 12:22
There are none I'm afraid.

Bristol has always been considered too close to London for any regular air service to the capital so I suppose Stansted is grouped with 'London' in this respect.

There have been rumours for some time now of a NWI service and the airport has stated publicly this is one of its targets, but thus far the cupboard is bare.

I believe there is still an Air Wales service to CWL from NWI via DUB but I don't think it is a daily service.

fly20
26th Sep 2005, 15:01
it will be EXT-NWI i should imagine - between the 2 flybe bases

GROUNDHOG
26th Sep 2005, 17:13
Or Ryanair fly Stansted to Newquay of course...depends where you are trying to get to!

night hawk 150
26th Sep 2005, 17:29
im trying to get to a small place called melksham which is about 20 mins from kemble airfield so i guess i will need to try another ave.

well thanks for your replies gentlemen its been all helpfull

craig

Dash-7 lover
26th Sep 2005, 19:20
Try Air Wales from Norwich to Cardiff......if they still do it? will be about the closest I can think of . . .

MerchantVenturer
26th Sep 2005, 19:27
Student~150~Ipswich

If you want to use public transport I would suggest a First Great Western train from Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads via Bath, but get off at Chippenham which is between Swindon and Bath.

Melksham is about five miles south of Chippenham. Many of the FGW expresses stop at Chippenham.

Not sure of the bus situation between Chippenham and Melksham but a taxi from the station oughtn't to break the bank.

Don't catch a FGW train going via Bristol Parkway because these trains take a different route west of Swindon and don't go through Chippenham.

fly20

Yes, there have also been rumours of a Flybe NWI-EXT service. However, Flybe is not necessarily the rumoured carrier for a NWI-BRS.

Trislander
26th Sep 2005, 20:30
Take the flybe NWI-JER service, change onto the JER-BRS. Total flight time 1:15ish, youl'll have to look into the connection times though.

Rgds, T