PDA

View Full Version : India F/Os

HighSpeedApp
25th Sep 2005, 22:24
Good Day Gentlemen,

We are all witnesses off rapid growth of Indian aviation.
It is result of it that lowcost companies are advertising Jobs for First Officers with very low hours. My question is would a European young pilot with initial training and Popular Aircraft type rating (B737,A320) but zero hour on it be able to land a job with Indian Arline, or that places are still reserved for locals. Thank you very much

Dexter
25th Sep 2005, 23:17
yes that is it without a douting

9Ws
26th Sep 2005, 10:41
Sorry to disappoint you, but those positions are still very much reserved for locals only.

There is a law in India that states that in every cockpit (2 pilot cockpit), there must be at least 1 Indian pilot. Since expats have ONLY been Line Captains/TRIs/TREs, the other would have to be an Indian... so the F/O will always be an Indian.

But I agree, Indian aviation is witnessing a massive axpansion... so watch this space for any changes to this "rule".

Personally, I believe there IS place for type rated expat F/Os as well... but such contracts, if ever, will last only for short periods... 6 months perhaps... until the "shortfall" that particular airline is facing is filled by locals.

Good luck... and keep at it! :ok:

HighSpeedApp
26th Sep 2005, 10:51
Thank you very much,

Sure hope things will change.

Hairy Chest
26th Sep 2005, 12:11
Doubt they will. USA and EU both made work visas for IT pro Indians even harder to obtain, Indian govt. always works in TIT for TAT.

The xpat jobs will be Capts only; approx 300 Indian students will join the FO market by next year there about 500 students training world wide.

And the xpats who are in India want to run back asap! Cant compare Bahrain to Bangalore
:ok:

HighSpeedApp
26th Sep 2005, 23:27
What about China?
They are growing even faster. Any chance for guy with above mentioned expirience there?

Regards.

Lil' Pilot
27th Sep 2005, 08:29
As far as I know, a foreign pilot should have at least 1500 TT before he/she could fly as a F/O in India. So also keep that in mind.

Left Wing
28th Sep 2005, 12:34
Airlines are restricted to hire FOs by law in India, xpat jobs are for Capts only.
The regulation says one of the 2 man cew MUST be Indian to fly on an Indian aircraft.
The law states that no xpat FOs will be hired to protect the local work force, like hairy said 100s of Indians are spending top dollar world wide for training to meet this boom, the Indian govt will protect them at all costs.

If you are not PIC type rated with 1000PIC on type no jobs in India for xpats.

twinotter
7th Oct 2005, 11:13
Hi guys,

I understand FO jobs are available for INDIANS only....how about PIO card (Persons of Indian Origin) holders? Are they too eligible for those jobs? Anyone having any clue on this matter....help would be appreciated...thanks in advance