PDA

View Full Version : If yer nuts dont miss Saigon...

tinpis
25th Sep 2005, 18:26
Gawd! (http://media.putfile.com/survive-saigon-short-movie)

Onan the Clumsy
25th Sep 2005, 18:31
Not unlike the traffic in Dallas.

In all fairness, it seems to work quite well :confused:

con-pilot
25th Sep 2005, 20:40
Actually it reminds me of traffic in Beijing China, except they are all in cars now.:uhoh:

Dead_Heading
25th Sep 2005, 20:42
And imagine what it'll be like when they're based on rovers......:oh:

Kaptin M
25th Sep 2005, 20:56
Looks similar to Phnom Penh (Cambodia) - and any other number of South East Asian cities.
The main differences being the road shown on the video is sealed (instead of dirt),
and there is only ONE person per motorcycle - Phnom Penh ALWAYS has at least 2 or 3....I counted SEVEN one time. Or 1 person and 2 or 3 trussed up pigs, or a dozen or so bound chooks!

Seems quite civilised in comparison!

tart1
25th Sep 2005, 21:13
Just like Bedford in the rush hour.

To be fair, they are all travelling quite slowly and I guess that is why it works. ;)

SyllogismCheck
25th Sep 2005, 21:21
That junction probably carried more traffic in that few minute clip than some of the mega-cost traffic light controlled ones that seem to be appearing all over the place and causing even more congestion on our roads do in an entire day. :hmm:

Blacksheep
26th Sep 2005, 05:05
"Step off the kerb and walk slowly straight across" they told me. Once I plucked up the courage I was surprised at how well it works - but don't try the same tactics in Kuala Lumpur!

I especially like the roundabout behind the New World, with traffic going round it in both directions at the same time...

PA-28-180
26th Sep 2005, 07:24
Hey...at least none of em was driving on the [email protected] sidewalk like they do here! :*

angels
26th Sep 2005, 07:37
I survived HCMC three times. I'm not sure, but is that clip in the Cholon area? I used to stay in District 1 and do the Quiet American bit and I didn't really like Cholon.

Must admit, there are more cars and buses since I was last there (10-12 years ago) but the advice about head down and just stroll across is sound. It may sound like madness but it's the only way to get across the road and it works.

The sidewalks in HCMC are too full of potholes to be able to cycle down them!:}

Grandpa
26th Sep 2005, 08:01
.....same number of people, each and every behind the wheel of his 4WD..................

GearDown&Locked
26th Sep 2005, 09:52
Why does the chicken cross the road?... No, no, better yet: HOW does the chicken cross the road? Geeeezuz!!

IFTB
26th Sep 2005, 11:52
[extended experience ON] In Saigon, you just cross the road. By some miracle all traffic finds its way around you. But for **** sake don't hesitate or stop! [\extended experience Off]