PDA

View Full Version : European Aviation starting long haul flights??

danjones
25th Sep 2005, 15:28
I've had a quote for some charter flights to Orlando next month and the person i spoke to said it was operated by European Aviation. Are they going to commence long haul flying again or is it a mistake?

jmc757
25th Sep 2005, 17:42
Haven't heard anything. Would imagine its a mistake. European used to operate the Travel City flights, although Air Atlanta now do that. Perhaps the agent saw the EUK code and thought it was European??

crewboi83
26th Sep 2005, 12:36
Where did u get the quotes for the Orlando flights? did u get flight numbers or times?

Also, just for the record European Aviation still do long haul. operating 2x 747s which have recently been flying for Corsair and one of of the 747s is rumourd to be flying for GlobalSpirit Airlines, new airline to MAN!

skysearch
27th Sep 2005, 10:50
Corsair B747s G-BDXE and G-BDXF are currently stored at Exeter (since early Sept) - could these be the 2 in question?

GlobalSpirit have a website with no timetables/destinations shown - have they started yet?

crewboi83
27th Sep 2005, 18:30
skysearch.
2x 742's in EXT arnt Corsir 747s but European ones, they corsair contract finished in early Sept, one a/c will be back in service before xmas for Global Spirit who are due to launch in Nov/Dec with 2x weekly to Islamabad.
No time tables? try the website the flights have been confirmed on there for months now! the latest news section on the opening page reads "flights confirmed operated by European Aviation"
and under the "timetable" section.... would u belive it, i found a time table! which has been online for months also!

Timetables
Departures Ex Manchester Airport - Wednesday / Saturday
Flight Number EAF 902
Departs - 2015 hrs
Arrives - 0815 hrs Next Day

Local Times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Departures Ex Islamabad Airport - Thursday / Sunday
Flight Number EAF 903
Departs - 1045 hrs
Arrives - 1535 hrs

Local Times
:O

WireFired
2nd Oct 2005, 09:23
There is now only one 747 stored at Exeter after G-BDXE positioned out to AMS on Saturday 1 October. Apparently it has been wet leased to Surinam.

danjones
2nd Oct 2005, 12:12
Sorry, forgot about this thread. Tickets were through A1travel.com but i did ring them and they confirmed that the agent had made a mistake and that the flights were operated by Air Atlanta Europe.

timthebus
5th Oct 2005, 09:19
Just curious do any of the eaac 747's have seat back IFE? As the Global Spirit website states that all seats have seat back IFE or are eaac getting something more modern to operate this service?

crewboi83
5th Oct 2005, 17:07
no if u guys read the website it tells u what aircraft will be used, the 747 200. It states seat back IFE and I was informed that the aircraft were being refitted any before going into service with GS so could be when seat back IFE will be fitted

timthebus
5th Oct 2005, 19:53
thanks for the info