PDA

View Full Version : Lady Buxton

tagdenmedro
25th Sep 2005, 10:05
What is the story with Lady Buxton and her husband Mr. Jackson. Are they sti in aviation or what?

boomarang
25th Sep 2005, 10:09
Heard she recently sauntered into NW as head of flight ops.

That after a very interesting stint at FTC.

Interesting career moves this lady. ;)

tagdenmedro
25th Sep 2005, 10:12
What is NW? I´m one of the old FTC boys and I´m looking for som pay-back

birdlady
25th Sep 2005, 10:20
Tagdenmedro,

Join the line. I also did my PPL there. :) :) :)

boomarang
25th Sep 2005, 11:49
I believe she was reported to have started as the head of operations of Nationwide Airlines (see thread on strike)

Should be earning enough to be sued :}

Erte
8th Oct 2005, 03:29
What did the poor lady do wrong?

alwaysinverted
8th Oct 2005, 12:13
What did she do right?:p

Ask Boomerang! The 2 of them were buddies for a while, but then she joined the "other camp";)

boomarang
9th Oct 2005, 00:05
Alwaysinverted

Me buddies with the lady?? Never been in the flight training business myself and even less a buddy of such aristocracy.

Heard enough of what she got up to with student funds at FAGC though.:ok:

AfricanQueen
9th Oct 2005, 05:30
Understand she is Captain Buxton now!

Anti-Skid Inop
9th Oct 2005, 06:07
CAPTAIN Victoria Buxton is indeed the Manager of Flight Operations at Nationwide.

What aircraft she's a CAPTAIN on we all would still like to see, I suppose we would all be CAPTAIN'S if we carried our titles from other companies as I'm sure we've all CAPTAINED C172's in our careers.

Surely if having a title is soooo important, why doesn't she choose one which actually means something, like Prof or Doctor or Her Majesty.

Hiding behind titles will never be able to cover up what you actually are, it just proves the obvious!!!!

silverknapper
10th Oct 2005, 12:28
I ahd read somewhere she was doing JAA conversions at Lanseria as well. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Knoppiesdoorn
11th Oct 2005, 07:20
I cannot imagine Vernon allowing her to do that, unless he is in on the deal as well!

aerocomm
11th Oct 2005, 14:24
Actually, Captain Victoria is STILL a Captain, since she used to fly for British Airways in the UK and British CAA before coming to SA. She also flew for the SACAA and is now DFO Nationwide. C172's no.... but B737, B767, B747 and A340 yes...
Guess the "little" pilots and "pilot wannabees" can be jealous and say what they like, cause she still ACTUALLY doesn't care. Now boys... how bout re-channeling that childish anger, go sit on a toilet and blow off some steam. :-)

cavortingcheetah
11th Oct 2005, 16:00
;)

That's really a trifle rude and perhaps a tad uncalled for.
There are some here, stranded in Blighty for the damned winter, who have a passing knowledge of both the CAA and BA, who engage in the quite lucid ratiocination that no woman should ever be a real life CAPTAIN!:p

aerocomm
11th Oct 2005, 19:30
APOLOGIES if my statements hurt some feelings, but it was not directed at anyone in particular and if anyone took it personally, then it was meant for you :D

please do not get me wrong.....
I am not a fan of Lady Buxton!

however.....
I think every cockpit should be equipped with someone good looking no matter what side you are sitting on :D
Emphasis on "Good Looking"

ciao

cavortingcheetah
11th Oct 2005, 21:57
;)
Hell and Damnation.
I'm back in the ball game!:cool:
Reference to Debrett's Peerage and other Common Reference might determine that there is no 'Lady' Buxton neither, either, neither nor anywhere else perhaps?

LHmain
12th Oct 2005, 05:48
I knew Vicky back in 81 (if its the same one, must be) I understood it was mum who was lady. She seemed ok then, she was an instructor at LSF Elstree.

silverknapper
12th Oct 2005, 08:39
Aerocomm

737 yes, but none of the others. And she wasn't a captain on anything with BA.

Interesting to see you defend a cheat and thief - what's your angle?

yogibear
12th Oct 2005, 08:53
whoah !!!!...please children play nicely now.....it seems that we have forgotten 'Mr.Jackson' here......from what I have heard, from reliable sources mind you, he seems to be the guilty one here and not Lady B........

So going with the 'cheat and thief' label is a bit harsh dont you think....huh silverknapper :mad: .......and yes the 'lady' label is one carried over from her parents.....

So now play nicely before you all hurt yourselves.....:p

cavortingcheetah
12th Oct 2005, 09:21
:)

What Ho!
Vipers in the sandpit. Unleash the Mongooses!
Would that be Jackson, B, well known ladies man and ex aviator of a hirsute persuasion?
Not quite sure about the 'Lady' bit. The daughter of a Baron would bear the title 'The Honourable', as in The Hon. Miss/Mrs XYZ.
I think only one Baron Buxton in English peerage: that being Baron Buxton of Alsa, a Life Peerage created in 1978. There is/was a Baronet Buxton, of Belfield, but children of Baronets carry no titles or distinctions.
That's enough on Titles and Forms of Addresses for the nonce.
Of course, I may be quite and absolutely wrong but then, when I lived permanently in jolly old ZA I was called Lord Cheetah!:=

I.R.PIRATE
12th Oct 2005, 10:20
Mongooses......???

Well if Goose becomes Geese, moose should be meese, and then by jove.....how many MONGEESE should we releese?

cavortingcheetah
12th Oct 2005, 10:39
;)

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi was the most famous mongoose of all the mongooses.
The word derives from the Marathi word mangus, with the stress on the 'u'; hence the plural derivative.
There is no particular collective noun for the mongoose but more than a couple are usually referred to as 'a pack'.
The collective noun for nuns, bye the bye, is a 'superfluity'. This derives from the 'Book of St Albans' attributed to one Juliana Barnes in 1486.
Ain't that an amazing piece of information though?

Rikki-tikki woke up with a jump, for the mongooses are light sleepers. "Oh, it's you," said he. "What are you bothering for? All the cobras are dead. And if they weren't, I'm here." Rikki-tikki had a right to be proud of himself. But he did not grow too proud, and he kept that garden as a mongoose should keep it, with tooth and jump and spring and bite, till never a cobra dared show its head inside the walls.
:D

Rhodie
12th Oct 2005, 10:40
Would that be Jackson, B, well known ladies man and ex aviator of a hirsute persuasion?

Not quite my good Jaire des galopades Acinonyx jubalatus...

That would be Jackson, G. Hirsute, indeed - but maybe of the less literal translation.

One that would be good fodder for the mongooses at that.

Cheerio..

cavortingcheetah
12th Oct 2005, 11:08
;)

That's a pity then, the other was a rather amusing sort of chap much given to frequenting the Far East.:eek:

sk8erboi
12th Oct 2005, 13:48
Try asking the folk who were approached with a 'special deal' if the paid up front only a week before they shut down if cheat and thief are too harsh. This is a hard, cynical woman who trades on these credentials to relieve folk of their hard earned. She gives an operation credibility with all these CAA connections, than disappears with the cash. FTC, GFT, the rand operation. Yeah Jackson was just as bad, but he could never have done it alone.

4granted
12th Oct 2005, 14:37
So whos going to do our JAR renewals in SA Now???

4G:confused:

cavortingcheetah
12th Oct 2005, 14:45
:hmm:

I note the following with some degree of suspicious gusto.

CAA Bids Victoria Buxton Farewell
Tuesday, 3 April 2001

The Chief Executive Officer and Commissioner for Civil Aviation, Mr Trevor Abrahams, on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority, bids Victoria Buxton, General Manager: Air Safety Operations, farewell following her resignation effective from 1 May 2001.

"Victoria has extensive experience in the aviation field gained in the UK, where she worked as a private and commercial pilot instructor, deputy chief pilot and chief flying instructor. She has also worked for the UK CAA as a flight examiner and has a Masters degree in Business Administration. She was appointed Vice President - Business Development and Marketing for the British Aerospace Flying College.
She relocated to South Africa where she established Jet Time and opened her consultancy, Horizons Unlimited, prior to joining the South African CAA. The CAA was very fortunate to have had her services since its establishment in 1998. We are sad to lose someone of Victoria's calibre," said Mr Abrahams

"I have been plagued by accidents and illness for much of 2000, which has resulted in my being away from work for lengthy periods. My recent car accident means that once again I have to be away from work.

I will be returning to aviation since this is a disease as one writer said. However, I believe that I need time to concentrate on my health so that I am able to recover fully," said Buxton.

Issued by:
Jackie Mfeka
Manager : Communications
083 635 0019

From a pifling Elstree instructor in 1981 to such glory, so soon, so quick. Methinks I smell a nasty trick?

cc:

Ex DCA/ZA Flight Examiner (That's a neat little euphemism for a Grade 11.). Ex DCA/ZA Type Rating Examiner (Heavy). Ex CAA/UK Flight Examiner. Ex CAA/UK Training Captain. Ex Chief Pilot/ My own company. Ex Deputy Chief Pilot/Someone else's. PHD/Clinical Pyschology/University of Calcutta/pending.
Doctorate in Applied Criminology/Ditto/Awaiting Confirmation.
Member: The Honourable Society of The Middle Temple.
Past participant: The College of Law. Chancery Lane. London.
This is all true of course and there's a lot more to it. But! The Rhubarb's in the stewing. You should see my old CV, from the days when my reputation did not preceed me and I needed one!
Totsiens.
:E :ooh:

Banzai-blades
12th Oct 2005, 15:26
You just managed to light up a gloomy/sandy day.

AAh to be blessed with the gift of the gab must be bliss:ok:

cavortingcheetah
12th Oct 2005, 15:41
;)

Not always, Banzai-blades, but I thank you. It drives my family crazy, which is more or less where I want them to be, before I drift off and juxtapose an entirely new schematic in my life - plop! The South Pacific.:D

Stand by one:

JAR renewals. I'll just see if I can drift up a qualification which would enable me to sign you off on that.:confused:

oompilot
12th Oct 2005, 17:31
Cavortingcheetah. Your postings are a great read. I must admit I find myself looking for your posts to read and see what crazy smoked up literature you have created for us each day. Careful that mendical though!:}

cavortingcheetah
12th Oct 2005, 18:04

Thank you. A pretty compliment indeed.
Smack my occiput if it is not! Zounds & foresooth!
:E

cavortingcheetah
14th Oct 2005, 13:49
;)

I must confess that I am not quite sure about my source for this rather piece of ephemeral wit. I seem to remember, upon a rapid and roughshod search through the jolly old Hippocampus, that it was attributed to James 1 of England, V1 of Scotland. This somewhat surprises me as, I rather thought the good fellow said:

'Sir, I can make you a Lord. I cannot make you a Gentleman.'

Which, from anyone north of the Highland Clearances, is a trifle rich.

Possibly the wit is rather engastrimythic ? I have my doubts that any Scot were ever so lucid.

As I awake, stretching out in a languid fashion for my servant to bring me the gazogene, the cognac, a fresh woman, and a cigar, are we really going to let La Jackson go slithering off into the long grass?

It seems to me, en passant, as it were, that she has, if not directly but then by innuendo, been described both variously and varietally as a liar, and a cheat. Recourse to private correspondence, about which I say absolutely nothing, ever, suggests, in a transpirational sort of way, that the some lucky lads there might be enjoying sexual proclivities of a rather Olympian nature. Jolly good so far. Is Vernon a Troll? I am not so well informed as to pass judgement. But I do spot a conger slithering off (apologies JKR - stick with Tolkien).

I think that the falsity of proclaimed parentage has been established de minimis (?) (good, what?!) A morsel of the exucontian.

It seems to me, in a moment of rather personal and perspicacious revelry, that Lady Buxton degrades and diminishes my titles impostumately.

Just nip off boy, and call her Mrs Jackson. I damn well would!:hmm:

aerocomm
15th Oct 2005, 16:33
She Flew B737's for BA yes, but she was also a check out captain on B767's and A340's for British CAA and SACAA.

Not defending, just giving credit where due. As I said in previous posting... I am not a fan!!!

cavortingcheetah
15th Oct 2005, 17:31
Back home in my mother's land of Pennsylvania, any reputable nightclub has a check out captain.
Her job is to take, guard and distribute, overcoats, scarves and so on. Occasionally she will be called upon to provide private service in the mens' public toilets. Altogether, a rather useful sort of individual.
That sounds about the lay of the land to me.
:cool:

boomarang
15th Oct 2005, 19:02
Aerocom

Please do confirm the source of your detailed information on this matter.

Some friends close to the dear Lady have whispered that there has never been a UK B737 rating let alone the B767 and Airbus 340 on the Hon. Lady Buxton's license.

Have some friends on mine researching the matter with the UK CAA and BA as we talk.

More on the topic soon :ok:

silverknapper
15th Oct 2005, 19:20
She Flew B737's for BA yes, but she was also a check out captain on B767's and A340's for British CAA and SACAA.
What :mad: . She was not a type rated check captain on anything except a 172. She worked for UK CAA as some sort of flight ops inspector so would have observed flights in that capacity to check SOP's were being followed.
Do tell us where this crap is coming from aerocomm, make us laugh even more!!!!

4Screwaircrew
15th Oct 2005, 22:00
She taught me for the IR, and then joined the CAA as an examiner for inital IR and GFT, at that time she had flown nothing larger than the King Air, and had not passed the writtens for the ATPL.

The last time I saw her she was still under training in the examining role.

4HolerPoler
16th Oct 2005, 06:09
This is getting really interesting - can't wait for boomarang's feedback. If you guys hadn't worked it out yet, I can confirm that aerocomm's posts are coming directly from within the NW bunker - maybe it's not the good Lady herself but aerocomm certainly is more than just a "fan" of our titled personage.

4HP

silverknapper
16th Oct 2005, 12:13
Bring it on for aerocomm!!
We await boomarang eagerly!!!
She was indeed a busy 'Lady'! An MBA as well as captain on all these types!!!
I will be returning to aviation since this is a disease as one writer said. However, I believe that I need time to concentrate on my health so that I am able to recover fully," said Buxton.
And to concentrate on her latest scam - her own flying school!

alwaysinverted
16th Oct 2005, 12:15
I was gonna suggest that Aerocomm is the good lady herself.

"Self praise is no recommendation":ok:

Come on Boomerang, you can phone your Commissioner buddies in practically all the CAA's around the world.;) Give us the gen bro:ok:

cavortingcheetah
16th Oct 2005, 13:14
:p

Not sure if you would be right in that surmise.
From what little I have read in these pages I should have thought that Buxton's handle would more aptly be: aeroconn!:rolleyes:

Knoppiesdoorn
16th Oct 2005, 14:26
I suspect that NW is getting worried about the "lady" and would like to check out her credentials.

What better place then Pprune

cavortingcheetah
16th Oct 2005, 17:14
;)
Well, they could find out easily enough.
Just go to 'search' in the CAA/UK website. Type in 'Freedom of Information Act'. Download form, request details as to titles, licences and ratings of XYZ and bung it back at them.
Within twenty working days, I understand that the CAA is required to release the requested information.
This is, of course, not a charter for nosey parkers but rather an avenue of enquiry for bona fide companies whose activities might be prejudiced by employess of a somewhat less than scrupulous honesty.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004
Identifying the information you require
Before making a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FoIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) please check if the information you require is already available by consulting the Publication Scheme and searching the other pages on this website by using the Search facility.

Please make your request as specific as possible. If we do not fully understand your request we will contact you and confirm what it is you require. We will acknowledge receipt of your Request.

Please note that the Civil Aviation Authority is not responsible for the services provided by National Air Traffic Services (NATS) or for Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Security, which are the responsibility of the Department for Transport.

Timescale
The CAA will endeavour to provide the information requested within 20 working days of the Request being received. If the information requires a substantial amount of collation, or is very large, or requires additional research we will contact you, usually by telephone, and let you know that we will require more than 20 working days to assemble the results. This will not exceed 40 working days. The revised date will be confirmed to you in writing or by email.

In some circumstances another public body may hold the information. If we think another public body may hold some, or all, of the information we will advise you to request it from them.

Providing the Information
If it is substantial, we will suggest you visit the CAA Library and Information Centre at Gatwick where there are facilities for viewing and copying.

Data Protection
If you are making a request for access to personal information about you this will be treated as a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. If you are making a request for access to personal information about another person (third party data) there are a number of exemptions to disclosure. We will contact you if necessary, discuss your request and determine if it can be lawfully met.

Exemptions
Certain classes of information are exempt from disclosure. Should any or all of the information you have requested be considered exempt, we will tell you which exemption(s) have been applied. You have the right to challenge the exemption(s) and, should you remain dissatisfied, you can appeal to the Information Commissioner.

Charges
The CAA does not charge for providing information under the FoIA or EIR provided that the total work involved in finding, sorting, editing and redacting material (the removal of exempt information from a document) is less than 18 hours. For requests that require more than 18 hours effort to respond to a charge will be made. This will be calculated at £25 per hour. If it is estimated that a request will exceed the 18 hour limit we will contact you and assist you in refining the scope of the request or agree the charge to be made. The CAA is not obliged to comply with FoIA requests that require more than 18 hours effort.

Complaints
If you have reason to complain about any aspects of the processing of your information request, please write or email to:

Mike Roper
Head of Information Services Department
Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Gatwick Airport South
West Sussex
RH6 0YR
[email protected]

Any complaint will be independently reviewed and a formal written response will be given to you.

Submit a Request
Please submit your request, in writing, to the following address:

Information Management Support Unit (FOI)
Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Gatwick Airport South
West Sussex
RH6 0YR

or fax it to 01293 57 3181

You can also submit a request using this online request form. http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=286&applicationid=24

Further Information
For further information, please refer to the Department of Constitutional Affairs web site.

Good stuff?What! Long live the socialist ethic, whatever that might be. :p

LHmain
16th Oct 2005, 20:09
WOW, there's only one thing worse than being talked about etc,etc. How bad is this "lady"?

SA Fred
16th Oct 2005, 21:30
As these sort of posts have a habit of going missing I've made a copy of aerocom's here. Having corresponded with the lady quite extensively when she was at CAA I find the symantic style and rhythm substantially different. The post at 19:30 suggests that aerocom finds our lady somewhat attractive.

posted 11th October 2005 14:24

Lady Buxton

Actually, Captain Victoria is STILL a Captain, since she used to fly for British Airways in the UK and British CAA before coming to SA. She also flew for the SACAA and is now DFO Nationwide. C172's no.... but B737, B767, B747 and A340 yes...
Guess the "little" pilots and "pilot wannabees" can be jealous and say what they like, cause she still ACTUALLY doesn't care. Now boys... how bout re-channeling that childish anger, go sit on a toilet and blow off some steam. :-)

posted 11th October 2005 19:30

APOLOGIES if my statements hurt some feelings, but it was not directed at anyone in particular and if anyone took it personally, then it was meant for you

please do not get me wrong.....
I am not a fan of Lady Buxton!

however.....
I think every cockpit should be equipped with someone good looking no matter what side you are sitting on
Emphasis on "Good Looking"

ciao

posted 15th October 2005 16:33

Silverknapper

Not defending, just giving credit where due. As I said in previous posting... I am not a fan!!!

cavortingcheetah
17th Oct 2005, 06:17

If I read the runes correctly, that is quite an interesting supposition.
It presumes, I suppose, that someone rather less qualified than Captain Nemo has a periscope turned upon us?:cool:

stargazer50
18th Oct 2005, 08:35
In reply aerocomm I would like to whittle all Lady Buxton's ratings down just a tad. British Airways was her only "port of call" and I find it very strange that within a short period of time (less than one year) all these ratings should appear, and command thereof. If this was true then Lady Buxton is the first person to join British Airways as a direct entry Capt!?. The truth is that she attended a Boeing 737 --800 course with British Airways and was eventually washed. As of now she has no valid flying license. To validate a license in this country one needs to produce a fully summarised logbook?!. Oh dear, this also creates a problem, in the days of F.T.C. our Lady could not produce a fully summarised logbook! Burnt in a fire, or missing!.

cavortingcheetah
18th Oct 2005, 11:34

Types and titles?

Went to a do at The House of Lords last night. (That's just to show off what an excerlent fella I am). (Toff). (Urbane and well connected too!).
My understanding of the correct form of titles and addresses would seem to be correct.

Logboook and licence tweaking? Perhaps the same for lines of succession ?

I could be The Duke of Devilish Derriere if only someone had smacked me or my ancestor on the head with an heraldic sword.:= But, no one did - and I ain't!
(But I was, and still may be, a real life Captain, even if most of the foes thought I was a trifle whacko!:E

(Toff: A man of fortitude and courage).:8

King Red
18th Oct 2005, 11:46
I heard from a source that quoted the person in question that the logbook(s) were lost/left in a taxi. Dont know. Why carry all your logbooks around unless going for an interview.

Also heard that the aforementioned has the honour of being the shortest serving Pilot in BA. Had a fallout with a Captain (real one) and was then "bought out" by the UK CAA. Any takers on this to stop another rumour from developing.

Ah well, glad to be a properly qualified and currently practicing airline Captain myself despite been referred to as trailer park trash by the aforementioned.

Tall trees (well maybe not so tall) will sway in the wind hey.

Thank goodness for rumours. Keeps aviation in buiseness. Viva pprune viva

Watch out all, I understand that she is connected with the powers that be at pprune. Made frequent contact during the FTC days to do damage control.

boomarang
18th Oct 2005, 12:13
The fax machine has almost burnt its motor but managed to spew out a few choice pages. See Below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority
II. AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT’S LICENSE (AEROPLANES)
III. License: AT/205843K/A
IV. Name: VICTORIA JANE BUXTON
V. Address: CORSANKELL FARM
SALTCOATS
AYRSHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
KA21 6NJ
VI. Nationality: BRITISH
XIV Date of Birth: 04 JUN 1960
VII. Signature of Holder:
VIII. The holder of this license is entitled …… blah, blah

X For the Civil Aviation Authority ……….. date…………

Xll Ratings Included in License: (subject to any conditions
stated in Section Xlll)

Aircraft (A) Part 1 Pilot in Command or Co-Pilot

* AMERICAN/GRUMMAN/GULFSTREAM AMERICAN AA1B,
AA1C, AA5, AA5A, AA5B
* BEECHCRAFT B90, C90, E90, A100, KINGAIR 200 &
B200, SUPER KINGAIR B300 LW
* CESSNA 310/320 SERIES
* FFA AS202/18A4 BRAVO
* GULFSTREAM AMERICAN GA-7, COUGAR
* PIPER PA22, 28, 38 SERIES (EXCEPT RETRACTABLE
UNDERCARRIAGE VARIANTS)
* PIPER PA31 SERIES 310, -325, -350 (EXCEPT PA31P)
* PIPER PA23, 34 & 44 SERIES

Aircraft (A) Part 2 Co-Pilot
No Entries

Aircraft (B) Part 1 Pilot in Command or Co-Pilot exercising the
privileges of a Private Pilot’s License:
* Single engine aeroplanes (landplanes) of which the
maximum total weight authorised does not exceed
5700kg.
* Multi engine aeroplanes (landplanes) of which the
maximum total weight authorised does not exceed
5700kg.

(No further entries on this page)

Aircraft (B) Part 2 Co-Pilot exercising the privileges of a
Private Pilot’s License:
* Aeroplanes specified in the Part 2 of the Aircraft rating
(A) in this license

Instrument

Flying Instructor
* Aeroplanes (Landplane) – Single-Engine (not
exceeding MTWA 5700kg)
* Aeroplanes (Landplane) – Multi-Engine (not exceeding
MTWA 5700kg)

Xlll CONDITIONS

The conditions of the license holder’s medical certificate must also be observed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say the docs look pretty genuinine to me with waternmarks, her ladyship signature et al.

Aerocomm or Aeroconn which ever applies, pray do let us know where you have seen the dear Lady having earned ratings on B737, B767, B747, A340 and such likes?

I would so dearly like to see the CV she handed into NW:}

GormanInkarnati
18th Oct 2005, 12:21
Methinks a can of worms has been opened here...:E

King Red
18th Oct 2005, 12:27
Well, if she is not a Captain, is she a lady?

These Sefrican chaps are getting sharp these days. Sounds like a witch hunt is on.

cavortingcheetah
18th Oct 2005, 12:32
;)

I should have thought that some would like to see the paperwork which she must have completed in order to obtain a South African work or resident permit.

Well done Boomerang. Now, just got to get to the bottom of this jolly old title.:=

Worms? Nothing! Adders in the aloes, perhaps?:suspect:

PS: No listing in the telephone directory at that address for that name, nor in Who's Who neither.:ugh:

PPRuNe Towers
18th Oct 2005, 13:20
King Red,

As the only person at the helm of PPRuNe who's met our rounders bat wielding diva do I count as a power that be/is/was??

VB taught me for my instrument rating long, long ago. Very good she was at it too - 1st time pass 6.2 hours tuition. The aforementioned shortened bat ably calmed my insistance on exercising full and free movement of the ILS needles.

No missive on our records from her during the FTC debacle[s] and the threads are all still in the archives for you to view. They were not chopped about and whittled. Indeed SA pilots were notable for defending the school in the early stages and the perfidious brits were the antagonistic whingers.

Amongst our 57 moderators we have a significant number of BA folks - the name draws a complete blank with them. They cover all the fleets mentioned as being under her purview.

As for our frolicking cat's researches, Lord Buxton of Alsa and his female offspring is the key - one of whom played an interesting part in the Falklands fracas.

Regards from the Towers,
Rob

cavortingcheetah
18th Oct 2005, 14:21

That would be Lucinda, born in 1950. A dab hand with the cinematographics.
As has been said earlier, the daughters of barons bear the title Honourable. The same rules apply as for the daughters of viscounts. The title is never used in speech, even by a servant.
The eldest daughter of a baron would be referred to in speech as:
Miss Buxton. (Lucinda, born 1950). (Two sons four daughters for the good baron.)
The younger daughters as, for example, Miss Victoria Buxton. (Born 1960?)

If the daughter of a baron marries a man of lower rank, she may keep her title thus:
The Honble. Mrs Jackson.

But the title 'Lady'. No possibility. Don't be too impressed with Spanish Athleticism. That sort of nonsense fooled the Americans for years, Nancy Astor and all that.
If Victoria Jane Buxton is the daughter of Baron Buxton of Alsa and Mary Oakes, she may be entitled to have her envelopes addressed as to: The Honble, but she most certainly is not entitled to be known by the title 'Lady'.

Rather a bad week, what?
No type ratings. No titles.
Sounds like: 'Bootsie and Snudge' qv.
:E

yogibear
18th Oct 2005, 20:27
:O ...Greetings all and cheetah.....I have been perusing this thread with some interest and a fair bit of mirth and chuckles thrown in for good measure and from what I can deduce is that the title 'Lady' was bestowed upon the young Miss Victoria Buxton by the chap who started this thread in the first place...:rolleyes:

I am assuming that he, in all his wisdom and please let it not be said that I bestowed the title of upon him, saw it fit to call Miss.V.B ....Lady V.B......due to her rather close.....:8 ....association with her parents......or is it just me...:E

Or maybe I am flying straight into IMC armed only with a plastic replica of a compass and a flash light ?????:sad:

SA Fred
18th Oct 2005, 21:10
Yogi is an observant bear! I've never heard the lady attempt to use a title other than "Captain" (which she was quite keen on in her old caa days). The whole title thing is a moot point since we don't recognise peerage in SA anyway...

aerocomm
19th Oct 2005, 04:33
WOW!!!

Guys.... I haven't logged in for a few days now and boy have you lot been busy.... nice to see my comments have kept some of you on your toes and given you something to do :-)

FYI... the info I posted was from the horse's mouth (take that as a pun if you like) and I took it all with a small bag of salt... I have been very sceptical about the good lady's credentials and until proved otherwise, she has given me no reason to doubt any of it. until now.....

About the remark where I find her attractive..... geeez dude... get a life why don't you.... I am not THAT hard up or desperate :-)
I have said twice before that I was not a fan, and merely reproduced what I was told...

NOW.... about this can of worms.... let's go fishing!!! I am in a particularly .... ummm... evil mood this week and think I can persuade someone in Nationwide to put up a carefully constructed flyer with the Buxton's credentials... If anyone is willing to compile such a document, how about gathering all the relevant information (FACT with PROOF) and emailing it to
[email protected]

cavortingcheetah
19th Oct 2005, 05:37
;) And now for something completely different:

Britain

The Times October 19, 2005

Bone-eating snot-flower found

A previously unknown species of worm has been found in the North Sea. Scientists from the Natural History Museum, London, and Göteborg University, Sweden, discovered the creatures on the bones of a dead minke whale off the coast of Sweden about 120m (400ft) deep — relatively shallow waters.

They have named it Osedax mucofloris, which means “bone-eating snot-flower”. It is between one and two centimetres long, and has frond-like tentacles.:hmm:

Knoppiesdoorn
19th Oct 2005, 05:38
I have been reading Pprune since 2000 and I am really impressed with the outcome ot this rumour so far.

Victoria Bucton..... "the end is nigh" (Is that correct CC?).

What puzzles me as well is the fact that the position that she holds at NW has to be approved by CAA (Licencing Council) how can they approve it now with all the evidence there for all to read.

But then again CAA has a 250 hour flght ops inspector about to do a route check to the USA. I assume that will be on SAA.

I don't know about you but I will not allow a route check to be carried out on my flight with someone with such miserable experience.

Comeone SAA I dare you to challenge that.

(maybe I should open another thread on this one)

stargazer50
19th Oct 2005, 06:46
Let's just put Lady Buxton's ratings in perspective, or should I say, let's whittle them down a tad, firstly, her short lived career at British Airways (<1 year) was actually a first officers course on Boeing 737 --800. I say short lived because she was washed!
If our Lady acquired command on all the types as aerocomm as indicated she would be the first globally to be able to achieve this in the British Airways system!?. The British CAA do not hand out ratings of that calibre?
At this moment in time she does not hold a license, this is probably due to the fact that in her quest for F.T.C. and application for J. A. A. among two to three instructors at that time, she could not produce a summarised logbook! Burnt in a fire or destroyed somehow!? Amazing!
The only people worthy of carrying the Captain's title without a valid license are those souls who have tired from an airline and she is definitely not one of those. I believe she actually wears the Captain's uniform when travelling overseas! This is sad.

porridge
19th Oct 2005, 07:13
According to the page in my UK CAA Flight Examiner's handbook:
Callsign allocations
Non Staff FE(CPL) (A) & (H) and Staff IRE(H)

"EXAM 78 Captain V J Buxton"

The UK CAA likes the title 'Captain' applied to Staff and Non Staff CPL examiners, the rest of us mortals here don't bother with the title. And when it comes to Flight Instructor Examiners the CAA List of Authorised Examiners quotes:
"Ms V J Buxton
P O Box 358
Laezonia
South Africa
00 27 11 6592500"

So the term 'Captain' is much a matter of personal preferment in the UK. Most people who are 'Captains' generally don't use the term to refer to themselves outside work I have found as a rule.

Also I have it on good authority from some who knew her well both in the UK and SA said that she had never flown anything much more exotic than the run-of-the-mill light twins.

Life'sShort-FlyFast
19th Oct 2005, 07:51
Hmmmm! Porridge, that looks like the old NAC Lanseria phone number. This was during the time that she was employed to market and devlope the 'Jet Time' program for NAC. This program was a time share system on a Hawker 800XP and King Air B200 Aircraft. The aircraft were brought in and if my memory serves me correctly, painted with red tails and gold stripes.

The program crashed and Miss/Ms/Mrs/Lady whatever Buxton departed having not been able to produce the goods for whatever reason. Maybe wrong time and maybe wrong place. I wonder what she told the NAC board that got her into that job?

GormanInkarnati
19th Oct 2005, 15:15
A long, long time ago in a far away country there lived a man called Rodney Wishwash. Not happy with his circumstances he decided to travel to a land called Special Area.

To his dismay he found that everyone who wanted to work in this new land had to have certain documents and papers. As was required he visited the castle called Country And Air. Here he met a young lady called Veronica Barbosa who was working at he Castle. She was also from a far away country and knew what it took to be accepted in Special Area.

Being a very nice lady Veronica smoothed the path over for Rodney and he had all his papers in no time. Some time later Rodney got a job at Noddy Wind - a great place to work!

As time went along Veronica left the Country And Air and tried to build her own castle called Frozen Time Counts. But alas things did not go well.

Years later Veronica bumped into Rodney again who was now a very important man at Noddy Wind. As was custom in those times the one hand had to wash the other hand and so Veronica got a job at Noddy Wind.

And they all lived happily ever after. :D

4HolerPoler
19th Oct 2005, 19:45
Post of the week Gorman :ok: Seems like we're getting to the bottom of this teacup.

Hi Ho Silver! Keep the truth coming.

4HP

WildFrequency
20th Oct 2005, 07:28
So Rodney J. Wishwash-NW Executive Manager Cabin Services and Commercial Manager and Captain Buxton-NW Flight Operations Manager have a long friendship!

Heard when Rodney J Wishwash moved to SA, he had a period of service with SA Express as Cabin Services Manager, the rumour goes he upset a few people and was asked to leave.....shortly thereafter he drifted up on Nationwide Airlines front door and has been here happily ever since!

Now been an Executive Manager and a VIP within the NW ranks, Rodney J and Captain Buxton could make an interesting team heading up Cabin and Flight Operations, lets see if this awesome pair can get Nationwide out of a very deep rut, not placing any bets though:rolleyes:

stargazer50
20th Oct 2005, 07:58
Well done porridge, and, oh boy the bedtime story really is the truth . Now we know where the Captain story comes from and as far as I'm concerned calling herself capt under the present circumstances that she is in is out of line, but we need to establish these ratings that aerocomm claims. I am inclined to believe the bedtime story! Porridge, does your CAA book indicate what type of aircraft or maximum weight aircraft she is entitled to test on?
I am also told that a full Captain's uniform hangs in the office. What do you think the for the reason for this is, not being able to jump into any aircraft at a moments notice?
Keep it up people, summer is here, thunderstorms brewing and I have my doubts as to whether she will be able to fly the summer out unscathed!.

Wide-Body
20th Oct 2005, 09:31
Stargazer,

No real interest in the story, however. BA do not have, have never had, and I believe no intention of operating 737--800. Hence we have Never operated conversion courses for the NG 737 variant. There is also no one who has any knowledge of Ms Buxton ever joining BA. (And trust me we would know)

She was the CAA IR examiner (employed by the UK CAA) at BAe Prestwick and went on to be in the employ of BAe (Please note BAe stands for British Aerospace NOT British Airways)

So the statements of her failing courses and falling out with BA captains whilst employed with BA are incorrect.

Stargazer, Sir who has told you these FACTS is incorrect.

Sorry to be impassive, I get much more exited about flying in SA then whinging about it.

Regards

Wide

cavortingcheetah
20th Oct 2005, 12:12

I seem to remember that, some years ago, the CAA ran an almost two tier IR rating system in the UK.
On the one hand, people like me who trained at, well, shall we just say SFT, were tested by a full fig UK/CAA examiner; three strikes and you're out. On the other hand, certain approved training schools had their own, tame, in house IR examiners who were authorised to conduct IR flight tests on, primarily foreign, students who had passed through an approved training course. The purpose of this testing was to enable these candidates to return to their own countries and obtain a local endorsement/licence where their country of origin did not have the capability to initiate and complete such a training programme. Such an IR endorsement was not valid for flight within UK airspace under IR rules.
I do not know if this might still be the case, even were my surmise correct in the first place. I think though that, in the UK, one did not at that time, need a type rating to sign off an IR. The presumption was that the candidate had already passed the 1179 and so was actually the pilot in command of the aeroplane at the time of the IR flight test.
Certainly, all the CAA examiners testing my intake, as it were, for the UK/IR, were heavyweights, usually ex airline, BOAC,BEA, and BA. Most of them were exceptionally nice chaps although that didn't help much when you were all gingered up on the morning!
I don't see any particular whingeing going on here although perhaps it might be said that there is a bit of a witch hunt in action. Perhaps this is justified in the case where someone's experience is perceived as purporting to be greater than its actuality?:hmm:

boomarang
20th Oct 2005, 12:33
Seems like the old motor has regained some life and spewed yet more info on the dear Lady B
UNITED KINGDOM CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY

FLYING INSTRUCTOR'S RATING CERTIFICATE OF TEST

Name: Victoria Jane BUXTON Licence No. 205843K

I hereby certify that the holder of this certificate has passed a Flying Instructors flying test as shown below in respect of the aircraf type entered on this Rating, an I am a person authorized by the Civil Aviation Authority to sign this certificate.

Date of test Aircraft type Valid for SE, ME Signature & Date

11.6.89 C152 SE 17/11/89

1.9.89 PA28 SE

3.11.89 PA34 SE/ME

10.12.91 PA28 SE/ME

31.1.94 PA34 SE/ME 5/4/94

25.11.97 BE76 ME

28 Nov 97 C152 SE 28/11/97

Not sure where the dear Lady acquired the ratings to do any form of training let alone route checks in the likes of a B737, B767 or A340.

What ever happened to aeroconn or aerocomm? This source seemed so confident and strident at one point in time on this thread and has now left us to wait and wonder?:ok:

cavortingcheetah
20th Oct 2005, 13:07

Don't forget as well that, up until relatively recently, you could instruct in the UK with a PPL.
Many men worked up their hours for a commercial licence in this manner. It was always slightly off-putting when renting an aeroplane at Thruxton on the basis of a ZA ATPL being quizzed by a little Osedax Mucofloris as to whether I could follow a heading steer from West Drayton. Just doing the job, I know, but, Ye Gods and little fishes, what an attitude had some of them!
:yuk:

MysticFlyer
20th Oct 2005, 13:28
Hey hang on now...

This slanderous....small world. But, were the SA CAA under the mentioned Trevor Abrahams' leadership not involved in earlier major licence thing/s in the newspapers, I thought that those episodes were over, together with his Baron rides, for goodness sake!? Nah, he had a FAA licence if memory holds.

Oh, Oh....this doesn't sound good, well then again, there's always her Pink/Burgundy travel item and the dull(UB40) in case not enough money made in SA... if it get's too hot in the kitchen 'ol chaps....

Does Any South African without ancestry have it this easy to reach positions in another country (the UK for example), the way this lady (probably meant in this context) has managed it to look like? Reminds me of a movie with DiCaprio in the lead.

Now let's see, if her professional "travel" documents were lost for interviews and what have you, ......she must drive a hard bargain - definately OPS material!

Gunship
20th Oct 2005, 14:44
CC and others .. as always ... great posts and surely a can of some specy of worms being opened here.

I just LOVE PPRUNE :ok:

Knoppiesdoorn
20th Oct 2005, 17:31
I am beginning to think that Vernon has been had, big time!
Surprisingly as Rodney Wishwash is very close to him.

This is not his style.

Somebody should hand him a copy of Pprune
as he leaves the race track this weekend.

cavortingcheetah
20th Oct 2005, 18:12
:ooh:

How much had has Vernon had by being had by Buxom?

By Jupiter and Jove. (A tautology, were there ever one to be found in the Southern Hemisphere, where all may be thought unique!)

Whoopsie. Back to the pond.:suspect:

I think that the South African CAA was created to be:

"An undertaking of great advantage, but nobody to know what it is."

It might go bubbles up sometime, and therein lies a clue for those of you more ignorant of your 1720 commercial history than you should be.

Perhaps, if I may be allowed to paraphrase and transexualise, Victor Juliet Bravo may yet be able to stand up and say:

"A great prince was dependant on my pleasure, an opulent city lay at my mercy, richest bankers bid against each other for my smiles; I walked through vaults which were thrown open to me alone piled on either hand with gold and jewels!
Mr Chairman, at this moment I stand astonished at my own moderation."

Please watch this space for the arrival of the new Aero-Constellation. Each tail has a different story to relate.

Toodle Pip. Totsiens, A rain of lead upon the enemies of truthful aviators. I hear an odd 'ping'or two but nothing more assails my tender ears.:p

Malcolm G O Payne
20th Oct 2005, 20:32
Vicky was my No. 2 when I was setting up Atlantic Flight Training back in the mid-80s. She is an Honourable, not a Lady. Her father was big in East Anglia and set up Anglia TV, being elevated to the peerage by a grateful government. I lost track of her when I left AFT, but met her again a couple of years later when she was a CAA Flight Examiner.

Parrot
20th Oct 2005, 20:36
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/580/can_of_worms_640_hi_2.jpeg

cavortingcheetah
20th Oct 2005, 21:08
;)

Lord Buxton of Alsa deserves a degree of respect.
Director of Anglian Television from 1958 and Chairman, 1986-1988.
He subscribed to and donated the statue of the Anglian Television Knight to the City of Norwich and, more importantly, was a prime mover in the regeneration of hedgerows in East Anglia.:D

Gunship
21st Oct 2005, 13:43
Ok CC - you are funny - fullstop.

Gents I had this PM and the sender wishes to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

pissing myself laughing over the Vicky Buxton thing - seems to be uncovering what many of us in the UK who knew Ms Buxton (as a lowly flying instructor in my case!) already knew about her claims abilities and reality

This is after all a rumour network ... :E

cavortingcheetah
21st Oct 2005, 14:20
;)

www.truthorconsequencesnm.net

Gunship
21st Oct 2005, 14:22
Are you Ralph Edwards perhaps CC ? ;)

cavortingcheetah
21st Oct 2005, 14:45

I appreciate the compliment but I was absolutely not born on Friday, June 13, 1913.

cavortingcheetah
22nd Oct 2005, 12:48
Hello there Gunship. A fine day to you.

It really is rather a shame when reports of rampant sexual proclivity have to be censored in the name of expedience.
I suppose it is nothing more than a reflection upon today's prurient and litigious society. But there we are. I probably expressed similar comments upon the publication in Japan of the first unexpurgated copy of 'Lady Chatterly's Lover.'

Somewhat of a rhetorical question under the circumstances but I do so wonder what you paint on the nose cone of a Cessna 172 to denote an aviator whom one has had in a non-combative sort of fashion; something sticky in oils perhaps, not wishwash paint?
May I suggest a little doodle of an internal combustion engine, the four cycles of which, will, naturally enough, be familiar to most on this forum.

I wonder, as an innocent bystander, where this thread goes from here?
tagdenmedro has had well more than his Shylockian pound, were that for which he wished in the first place. It is not beyond the bounds of sensible imagination to conclude that the woman has evidenceably been somewhat discredited, perhaps shown as an an imposter of the sort with which morality of a dubious nature oft walks hand in hand.
(Charlatans are more fun. They run around the streets screaming and yelling.)
Enough of this light hearted, persiflage, (not quite a hendiadys). I wonder, in a vacuous sort of way, what might happen now?
Let us wait and see. The silence of one who must now surely be known as aeroconn deafens by its former din.:ooh:

stargazer50
23rd Oct 2005, 07:10
Hello widebody, thank you for the gen, and although it looks like you have no intention to, I thank you for throwing fuel onto the fire! The reason being is that the B.A. / 737-800 issue came straight from the horse's mouth! This has been told to more than one person within her present working environment. Is it is great to fly around in this " S pecial A rea. And those of us who are here on the really long-term intend to maintain the integrity of this area. Having said that, there is no room for Buxton type people! I thank PPRUNE for the setup and although probably not intended , it is a method of working the bad OUT and hopefully be to the attention of those who could take action.

Knoppiesdoorn
25th Oct 2005, 14:07
Yes, indeed, let us waite and see........ what!

The lady is now firmly entrenched in NW having called up previous debts. I suspect that even Vernon is powerless because during her tenure with CAA she appointed her puppet into a senior position which he certainly was not qualified for. They cunningly saw to it that a particular "bothersome" inspector was no longer responsible for the NW's oversight program.

The only other course of action is CAA via the Air Services Licencing Council. The lady's present position is what they call a "nominated position" and has to be approved by the Authorities.

Pprunes's library is full of the ills of CAA, need I say more.

stargazer50
26th Oct 2005, 07:08
The authorities position (C.A.A.) is that, the requirements to be nominated as a person responsible flight operations is, "have previous flying experience" typically this allows her or shall I say qualifys her as far as CAA goes. I would move along the lines, which I think has been established, that there is no, 1, South African 737 or any other medium, heavy jet rating, 2, no logbooks available, 3, largest aeroplane on British license B 200! 4, never worked for British Airways! /BAE may be. I think the back in the days when she was an air hostess for SAA she must have had this obsession about "Capt".
From what I can gather, all the above points were sold to Mr Bricknell by RW. Who else would promote Buxton?! I refer you to the bedtime story!

Knoppiesdoorn
26th Oct 2005, 08:57
SG50. I would like to disagree with you on the CAA issue, under "normal" circumstances. If van der Veen is still at the council she might not get away with it.

How can she expect any respect from the pilots at NW who I am sure will all have read this thread by now. But then again judging by her track record, she probably does not care. Has a skin as thick as a rhino.

I cannot recall a respons from the "CAA Chief" on this thread regarding the lady as he was one of her victims as well.

cavortingcheetah
26th Oct 2005, 12:09
This has indeed been a most fascinating thread which has attracted a degree of international interest and speculation. I strongly suspect and indeed, hope most fervently, that it has been followed with some thoroughness by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority amongst others. The audience to whom the evidence and opinions on these pages has been submitted is extensive and probably, by and large, professional.
It is certainly fairly obvious that some who have contributed to this topic have a considerable influence in high places and access to information which might be denied to lesser mortals.
It would appear that the South African Civil Aviation Authority is somewhat lacking in the capacities and capabilities of policing itself. I should have thought that the misalliance of young MI coupled with that of VB would raise the odd quizzical eyebrow or two in The Department of Transport, where, I hope these pages have received some attention. Perhaps someone should e mail a copy of this thread to both the Minister for Transport and the SA/CAA, for their edification and general amusement. I should have thought it could all make good newspaper copy as well.
I would expect that a great many people have read through the past few pages of the chequered path to power of La Buxton. Rather like Lady Sabine De Winter in The Three Musketeers, her rise has been spectacular. However, it might raise a smile or two were one to remember that Lady De Winter had her head chopped off by the headsman of France upon the orders of her ex husband, Athos, who incidentally was a most excellent and honourable man!
I think that La Buxton, Nationwide Airways, its management and the South African Civil Aviation Authority have made rather a laughing stock of themselves throughout the world of aviation, not just in South Africa.
Surely it behoves the SA/CAA to initiate an inquiry into this affair and, in the meantime, to place certain restrictions upon the operational management of La B's employers as might reasonably be necessary and expedient in order to ensure that those, who are after all, in positions of public trust cannot continue to excercise their present powers in the operation of public transport until it has been satisfactorily established that the qualifications and references which were used to obtain such appointments, are genuine.
If the South African CAA wishes to be regarded as something of an international jackass; it will do nothing. If however, it would prefer to be better recognised as a force for aviation in Southern Africa and thereby, by extension, the whole continent; it will act to put certain parts of its house in order.
As a government agency, the CAA has a degree of public responsibilty and accountancy. Its judgement in certain matters has been called into question and, in the minds of some, its lack of judgement has been proved conclusively. Government departments owe the public a certain duty of care and when this is called into question, usually, I admit, by means of matters raised in parliament or the press, they owe the great chattering crowd an explanation.
It would not be an unreasonable assumption to state that no government department would willingly waltz into the morass of a public inquiry. However at the very least, this one should act decisively to exculpate itself from the position of inept turpitude in which, at the very best, its lack of attention to internationally sourced evidence has placed it.:hmm:

jammydonut
26th Oct 2005, 17:03
Is this the same woman who was rescued by RN Helicopter during the Falklands war when she was shacked up with another female when making some wildlife films for Anglia TV's "Survival" series?

cavortingcheetah
26th Oct 2005, 17:08
;)
Ssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Not so loud. They'll hear you.
That would be Lucinda, known as Cindy, her sister, I believe.
:cool:

Annie Price was the other?

FlyItLikeARental
16th Dec 2005, 14:12
Well, chaps, must admit I had quite a lag about the saga at Noddy Wind with the Hon Ms Bxt... Sorry for only geting into it now, but news takes a looooooooong while to spread into Bujumbura...

Vat so Katvis is all I can say, well done chaps, this should have seen the light 5 years earlier and maybe, just maybe saved one hell of a lot of frustration for FTC clients. Any way to get this into the Sunday Times?:}