PDA

View Full Version : Malaga - Lengthy check in times

IB4138
25th Sep 2005, 06:08
I took a friend to Malaga airport, returning to the UK with Monarch Scheduled, last night. Seven check-in desks open, one of which was for Vantage punters, for three flights, all with long queues. It took over an hour for our friend to check in.

This does not seem confined to Monarch though. In recent weeks, the same thing has occurred with Baby and Easy flights.

Certainly one of the Baby delays is down to the fact they are charging for excess baggage with hardly any exceptions. There have been quite a few arguments, as passengers with golf clubs, who were not charged for their sports equipment on the outbound journey, are having to pay to take their clubs home.

I noticed that the check-in staff were not asking for booking references with Monarch last night, merely asking your destination and then putting the name off the passport into their desk 'puter against that flight. If you had your booking reference with you, it was ignored. This practice seems to be a cause of some delay. Is there some reason for this?

FormerFlyer
25th Sep 2005, 07:49
You didn't happen to notice if BA were similarly affected did you? Just I'm inbound to LHR on 6th Oct and don't want to be faffing around too much if I can avoid it. Do they have self service checkins at AGP - that could help me?

cheers ;)
FF

IB4138
25th Sep 2005, 08:21
Sorry FF, no BA flights about when I was there. The only self service check-ins are for Iberia and Spanair. I don't know if you can use the IB ones.

Wannabe Flyboy
25th Sep 2005, 12:40
BA don't have any SSCI machines at AGP and you can't use the IB ones. You can use Online Checkin though and you may be print your boarding pass; if that's any good to you.