PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Airlines (NEA) Revisited

L1011PFE
24th Sep 2005, 17:57
Well it looks like Northeast Airlines (NEA) is trying once again to operate the Hajj. By their own admission, they still owe money to crews from at least 3 years ago, of which I am one. I've recently requested they pay me the money owed. They have declined. They claim, once again, that it isn't their fault they can't pay their crews. There is always an outside force, which causes them harm and ruins their business so they can’t pay. I suppose this year it will be me. I will freely admit I would not be writing this if they had paid me.

I won't tell anyone they are incompetent. Nor, will I suggest anyone -with a half a brain- to avoid these guys like the plague. I won't tell you that if you work for them they won't pay you. I won't even tell you that they are liars.

I will tell you, however, that they still owe me, a lot of other crewmembers and other entities, a lot of money! This they admit freely! They even promise to pay those debts! In fact, a few of us who are persistent enough and who have forced their hand, have actually been paid some of the money they owe. I've gotten half. I've been lucky. Most guys have gotten near nothing or nothing.

If you have not heard of NEA or reviewed the forums from the past, please do a search on PPRuNe. Some of the information you read I think is a bit exaggerated, that I admit. But, most, I think, will be true.

If you are going to fly the Hajj as a crewmember this year or going to contract NEA as your airline, please do yourself a favor and do the research. Check out the L-1011 still sitting in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso and ask yourself why is that airplane still there? Also ask yourself how the crewmembers who never got paid, managed to get home from there. I was one of them. I had to pay my own way home after sitting there for several weeks waiting for NEA to do the right thing and at least get me home.

If you are going to work for them or do business with them this year, ask them why the Nigerian CAA banned them last year. Ask them why they sat in Niger for 2 days because of someone else who screwed up. Find out about their impounded 747 in Gambia last year. E-mail the Captain who had to go to a Gambian court on NEA’s behalf to secure its release (of course it wasn’t NEA’s fault, it was the tour operator). How is it NEA always has these problems? Is it their management or the fault of someone else? Do you want this to be you this year?

I got a personal PPRuNe message today from a potential NEA contractor. He wanted my opinion about them. I decided to give NEA one last chance to make things right with me before I responded to that message. I received a reply today from NEA about my demands for full payment due. They threatened me with legal action if I alerted my fellow crewmembers or potential clients as to their already well documented past. No it wasn’t an outright threat. It was subtle, but I got the drift.

Say what you will about me for believing these guys or for standing up for them in the past. Call me a fool, you are probably right. Just take caution, or you may be the next fool! For more information, send some of the other crewmembers or myself e-mails. Enlighten yourself! I will gladly furnish you with e-mail addresses and answer your questions.

By the way, NEA will no doubt respond to this directly. They are very convincing. They had me fooled for 3 years. They may even pose as other crewmembers supporting them (which I can’t prove, but I’ve been told they have done in the past). They will probably even threaten legal action against PPRuNe or at least try to have me barred or removed from this forum (those were also some of their subtle threats). I just hope I can inform a few of you before that happens.

One more thing, if you have had an experience, good or bad, with NEA, please post a reply to this message. I would love to hear what others have to say.

Be safe and get your money up front this Hajj season!

bafanguy
24th Sep 2005, 20:18
Sorry to hear how you've been mistreated. There was a proud history to the original NEA, but nothing is the same these days, huh ? I'm experiencing that firsthand.

Looks like they spent your pay on that really slick website. Takes a lot of nerve...

fergineer
24th Sep 2005, 20:19
Well written my friend............always good to hear someone standing up against the cowboy operators............I stood up against one cost me a few bob for a solicitor but I got my money in the end..stand up against them and they soon realise that they think they can get away with it then bang there are legal notices against them wont say who it was I took legal action against as I am not allowed to that was in the payment clause but one day I will be able to tell the full story and it probably reads about the same as NEA...........good luck with the new work and hope that one day we will meet up again.....take care up there in the air.

L1011PFE
25th Sep 2005, 01:47
It is a shame what they have made of that Northeast name. And how they have treated their most valuable assets.

Good luck to you too Fergi!

Earl
26th Sep 2005, 13:05
They tried to buy sim and instructor time from a major middle east airline last haj.
Nil results,
They should have paid their people, Small world NEA.

PIA747
26th Sep 2005, 14:25
They tried to buy Simulator time and instruction at PIA. PIA almost agreed and then they wanted hotel and tickets included too.PIA Director refused on their unprofessional approach.

Zeb
27th Sep 2005, 15:03
And now they are moving to Kyrgyzistan ????????

Earl
28th Sep 2005, 09:52
Not to worry L-1011 PFE.
When I consulted with an attorney in the USA about non payment from these individuals nearly 3 years ago I was told that basically due to their off shore operation and A/C registration in swaisiland that it would be difficult and costly to collect my salary.
As far as them taking you to court for stating the truth concerning non payment of crews is a joke in itself.
Any attorney will tell you as mine did that they would be opening up a can of worms in any USA court as it would be proven that they did not pay as promised.
you can acuse anyone of slander but if the shoe fits it would backfire on them severely.
In my case they claim that someone hijacked their AOC and issued ID cards in their name, this involved about 6 cockpit crew and around 140 F/A all stuck in a hotel in JED with no way back home.
Yet our licenses was faxed to NEA in Dubai.
This 747 operation never got off the ground, but I personaly know of crews that flew on the L-1011 for them 1 year later that were not paid and had to go to US consulates for a ticket back home.

NEA is just pulling their threats and intimidation to attempt to cover all their bad practices up and to B/S more crews into working with out getting paid.
For anyone interested in this company they should do a search here, more than enough complaints and reasons stay away from them.
For those out of work and desperate their past reputation only speaks for itself.
Earl

L1011PFE
30th Sep 2005, 23:04
No fears. I have the truth on my side!

profifs
3rd Oct 2005, 00:07
I know about this airline. They run out of money and then they pay what they want. Peopel get stuck in other countries with no way home. When you need a job and are desperate this is what some of us have to do.

747fanatic
3rd Oct 2005, 04:46
the few pilots they have are iraqis. Also they have a Flight engineer who is nearing 70.

profifs
4th Oct 2005, 18:43
I have heard that some of their flightdeck crew have not even completed formal 747 training.

Earl
28th Nov 2005, 17:13
Have not seen NEA on any haj flight list as to date.
Hopefully they are finished.