PDA

View Full Version : WN to ignore Wright ammendment?

nickmanl
23rd Sep 2005, 21:07
I just read on airliners.net that WN are to start operations from Dallas Love to an airport in Colorado as they will be operating it as a charter for FunJet vacations.

Apparently, this isn't prohibited by the absurd Ammendment. My question is this, could WN feasible get round this stupid restriction by announcing new destinations from DAL which are over the 90minutes distance restriction and sell them as charters?

Providing they are sold through a different company nothing can be done. So surely set up an idependent company, or use an existing one and pay them for handling your bookings whilst you get most of the money and charge a fare that means you don't lose out.

Would this be viable? I'm sure Laker's Skytrain had to do something similar due to absurd restrictions. Didn't every passenger have to sign a piece of paper at Gatwick saying they were going on a religious outing or something to avoid the red tape in the US?

Why does the US have these awful stupid regimes in place, just like Chapter 11, but thats another story......