PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter trailer transport

Nev Bartos
23rd Sep 2005, 19:36
Hi Guys,

looking for any companies in the USA that can transport an aircraft on a truck trailer from WV to Baltimore.

Thanks,

NB

Corax
24th Sep 2005, 05:09
There pretty much aren't any in the US. The guys who do it best are Gooseneck transport out of Calgary Alberta Canada. Just google them, they are the best and they cover the Americas.

Cyclic Hotline
24th Sep 2005, 06:09
There are plenty in the US if you know where to look. I have seen everything from SkyCranes to fleets of Hueys on the road - and it wasn't Gooseneck hauling them either!

What type of helicopter is it? That will assist you greatly in your local search possibilities, including renting a trailer from another operator and hauling it yourself.

chopperpilot47
24th Sep 2005, 16:30
Try Jack Kelly 609-965-0722 or cell 609-517-2822. He has a lot of experience transporting helicopters. He also owns a Bell 47. He is in the North East but goes anywhere.

Regards,

Chopperpilot 47

B Sousa
24th Sep 2005, 17:55
Big Question. What do you have to transport. Is it a brand new B412 or a surplus Huey. Makes a difference. Many folks advocate "Helicopter Transport" but depending on what you have it can be done much simpler and cheaper. Drop some info on us and maybe you will get some suggestions. Lots of the "You need this" type transport is not necessary.......

Nev Bartos
25th Sep 2005, 05:31
Need to move an AS350 to either Baltimore MD or Princeton NJ from Logan WV.

Thanks

NB

Cross-eyed
25th Sep 2005, 05:41
Tomlinson Aviation has a new recovery truck/trailer/crane. I have no idea what they charge. Contact info below:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/copterchief/HelicopterRecoverysmall.jpg