PDA

View Full Version : Delightful children/Shivelling little snits

Conan the Librarian
23rd Sep 2005, 17:58
I found this link from the BBC interesting. Just wonder if you do too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4274318.stm

Farrell
23rd Sep 2005, 18:01
I'm on the bad list!! Muahahahahah

Wayne :suspect: :E :cool:

Jerricho
23rd Sep 2005, 18:07
Kristopher

ANY PARENT who would name their child with this spelling needs a swift crack across the face with a crowbar.

Wonder how may Jerrichos there are out there? :E

Wholigan
23rd Sep 2005, 18:19
Probably only the one that "Joshua f't the battle of" mate.:E

Jerricho
23rd Sep 2005, 18:30
Bravo :ok:

Jordan D
23rd Sep 2005, 18:36
Apparently I'm a bad kid - but all the teachers at school liked me ... hmmph. I'm the first word listed in that article. Hmmmmph.

Jordan

Farrell
23rd Sep 2005, 18:46
Are you named after some busty model with no brain?

Jerricho
23rd Sep 2005, 18:50
I've often wondered that.

You a Peter Andre fan there mate?

Farrell
23rd Sep 2005, 19:14
You're supposed to be banned!!!! ;)

Foiled again! :*

Speedpig
23rd Sep 2005, 19:19
And the parents?

Some were appalled, complaining that children were being labelled and pre-judged before they had even stepped inside a classroom.

Who did the labelling?
Who decided to call it Chardonnay?
Hardly surprising the poor lamb is a problem.

SP

tall and tasty
23rd Sep 2005, 20:17
My two little angels are on neither list so where does that put them in the big scheme of things?

Well balance or just two little ones with unusual names that become the vain of the teachers life, not only being different but difficult to spell too.

No they are not anything like tigerlilly tingerbell or Gwain

Wonder how may Jerrichos there are out there

Well I know of two on the forums spelt differently

TnT :p

Send Clowns
23rd Sep 2005, 20:17
There is a certain type of parent who would call their kid Jordan or Liam. That parent is going to bring up their kid in a certain way, affecting the probabilities of them being an oik in a significant manner, although not determinig this, hence the 75% hit rate. Blindingly obvious if you are not looking through the PC filter.

frostbite
23rd Sep 2005, 20:24
Actually felt sorry for one fat smeary-faced little oik with mum constantly calling "Precious" this, "Precious" that.

Jerricho
23rd Sep 2005, 20:26
Oh SC................

HAHAHHAAHAHAH!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Anyone seen the Clumsy one around?! Teee heeeeee

tall and tasty
23rd Sep 2005, 20:27
kid Jordan or Liam

I know one of each of these and they are both great kids. So I guess it does not always work

TnT

spud's on the job
23rd Sep 2005, 21:31
just goes to show its not only PPRuNers who should be careful what they post (MAN Security incident today, one PPRuNers post quoted verbatim on R4) a few teachers have a bit of a laugh amongst themselves and hey presto its on BBC news and several daily newspapers today...

RiskyRossco
23rd Sep 2005, 21:55
Methinks there are some days, jericho , you don't work or participate well with others, do you?
;) :D

Send Clowns
23rd Sep 2005, 21:58
Exactly, TnT. Even the best claim is only for a 75% hit rate!

Jerricho - you been eating the Loco again?

Jerricho
23rd Sep 2005, 21:58
Whatever do you mean RR? Got that written on a school report card or two...........dunno why.

(Pssst, 2 r's mate!!)

@Send Clowns - don't worry mate. You'll know when a certain somebody reads what you posted. Bloody great stuff.

Send Clowns
23rd Sep 2005, 22:00
:D :p Hahahaha

Conan the Librarian
23rd Sep 2005, 22:34
What I would like to know, is what happened to the more traditional names?

Like Rameses, Herod and Caligula?

Conan

Farrell
23rd Sep 2005, 22:46
Manson, Dahmer, Shipman, Sadaam

Whirlygig
23rd Sep 2005, 22:50
But this is nothing new. My mother is a retired teacher and, at the beginning of the school year, her heart would sink if she had a Wayne, Darren, Gary or a Jason on the register.

No doubt though, they have all grown up into respectable young men :suspect: :E

If you want your children to get on in life, then you name your sons after saints or kings and your daughters names should end in an "a".

Cheers

Whirls

Liam is just the Irish short form for William; nowt wrong with that!

Send Clowns
23rd Sep 2005, 22:55
End in "a" and have religious connotations, Whirly? Suggests to me they'e unlikely to become respectable ;) :}

tart1
23rd Sep 2005, 22:57
That's good to know Whirls!!

I got one named after a king and one after a saint. (And no daughters, except step ones and I didn't have a say in their names.) :p

Whirlygig
23rd Sep 2005, 23:02
Yup, we're OK tart1!

Oh, I forgot to say - there is a caveat to the sons/saints/kings theory - best to avoid the ones that are also slang names for parts of the male anatomy!!!

Cheers

Whirls

tart1
23rd Sep 2005, 23:09
What you mean like Dick and Tess (tickle) ...... no that is not a boy name is it?

What other parts of the male anatomy are in names? I'm being a bit thick tonight. ;)

Send Clowns
23rd Sep 2005, 23:11
Mmmm, touché, Whirly :D

Conan the Librarian
23rd Sep 2005, 23:14
Tart, are you telling me that one of yours is named Elvis? As for the male anatomy bit Whirls, a lot of males acquire that nickname on their trip through life. Especially if they work for BT customer care.

Conan

planepsycho
23rd Sep 2005, 23:17
My main goal when naming my kids was calling them something they could spell........and they could pronounce. Neither name was on the teachers bad or good list, and they turned out great:ok:

(considering the fact that I'm their mother, this totally amazes me;)

tart1
23rd Sep 2005, 23:20
No Conan I am not saying that at all.

I am just asking what other names for boys are the same as names for male anatomy/anatomical parts (other than Dick, which is the only one I can think of at the moment).

My sons have excellent names which wouldn't give their teachers a moment's worry. :D

Whirlygig
23rd Sep 2005, 23:24
John Thomas?

.... and I have met one!! SO to speak!

Cheers

Whirls

Conan the Librarian
23rd Sep 2005, 23:24
Well, Elvis the Pelvis had a brother. Did you ever hear of Enis?

seacue
24th Sep 2005, 00:43
I always figured that Jerricho's real name was Jerry Cho. We live, do we learn?

There are certainly fads in naming kids. I'm from an era of traditional English names, John, William, George, Robert, ....

Jerricho
24th Sep 2005, 01:37
Maybe it is Seacue.........maybe it is.

Speedpig
24th Sep 2005, 01:54
I got one named after a king and one after a saint. (And no daughters, except step ones and I didn't have a say in their names.)

Burger KING and SAINT Michael:O

My children are James, Matthew, Tom and Maisie

all fairly traditional and didn't see them on the list.

Having named my children in a public place, I may as well go post my pic on that other thread..... NAH!

If anyone knows that I have a pic of them they don't want posting, please send tenners to ........

B Fraser
24th Sep 2005, 08:22
Siobhan spelt as Chevaughn :{

Please only give your kid an Irish name if they are Irish. I know of one couple who called their first born girl Shannon and their friends asked if the next one would be named Gatwick.

As for K'tee :yuk:

tall and tasty
24th Sep 2005, 08:48
End in "a" and have religious connotations, Whirly? Suggests to me they'e unlikely to become respectable

well that explains alot :E

TnT:p

henry crun
24th Sep 2005, 08:52
There is a guy out there somewhere called Orbit, he was born on the day John Glenn made his first flight.

tart1
24th Sep 2005, 09:24
Was it Frank Zappa who called his daughter Moon Unit? I always thought that was a really cool name.

I think I remember reading though that she changed it to something more normal when she grew up. :)

eal401
24th Sep 2005, 09:24
a few teachers have a bit of a laugh amongst themselves and hey presto its on BBC news and several daily newspapers today...
Not to mention got a load of parents so up in arms, one of them complained to the Department of Education, or whatever it's called these days!

All those moaning, I wonder what their kids are called? :E Probably a good chance half of them don't know the father's name, let along worrying about the kid's name!

Jordan D
24th Sep 2005, 09:53
No: I do not like Peter Andre or am a Peter Andre fan.
No: I'm not named after a busty Model.

Yes: I am a nice person .... really!

Jordan

Dead_Heading
24th Sep 2005, 14:40
Most confusing day for a chav? Fathers day.

Jerricho
24th Sep 2005, 14:41
Regarding the generation above them or the one below?

Dead_Heading
24th Sep 2005, 14:42
From the age of 12 upwards, the latter and the former.

BlueDiamond
24th Sep 2005, 14:51
When my goddaughter had her first child baptised, we discovered that there are no less that five saints with the name of Jordan. So there ya go, Jordan ... you're in good company! :ok:

Kolibear
24th Sep 2005, 21:26
Kristopher!!:( :{ :mad:

What sort of spellling is that!!

The collective noun for Christophers is a crisis

regards, Colibear

Jordan D
25th Sep 2005, 10:33
Bluey - most satisfying to know that ... means I have some good company! Except if they were saints, that tends to mean they p*ssed someone off to get beheaded/stoned to death/etc. .... hmmm

Jordan