PDA

View Full Version : Girjet gone??

mmeteesside
23rd Sep 2005, 16:48
Does anyone know what has happened to Girjet?? They used to operate a Friday charter for MyTravel from Durham Tees Valley, however for the past 3 weeks it has been operated by Futura, under a Futura callsign.....have Girjet just subbed it out, or has something happened to them??

Cheers
mmeteesside

MarkD
23rd Sep 2005, 17:45
you mean eirjet?

Crazy Fists
23rd Sep 2005, 17:52
Not sure. Have not heard of GIRjet going under though.

GARDENER
23rd Sep 2005, 18:10
I do not think they are in any trouble but it has always been subbed to Spanair I think who then subbed it to Girjet. Flew with them IB and it was very good, OB was with "Hello" again very good.

A350
23rd Sep 2005, 20:47
Eirjet are still up and running. They now have another A320 in service with them bringing their total up to 3.

Whalerider
23rd Sep 2005, 22:39
GIRJET are / were Spanish

EIRJET - Irish

To my knowledge no connection between the two.

BombardierCR7
23rd Sep 2005, 23:37
more to do with the better yield performance (coupled with more bums on seats) of this flight.....hence the bigger aircraft.

Nothing to do do with Girjet "gone".

mmeteesside, spotters like you can bankrupt airlines and put many people out of work with postings like this!!!!

THINK before you post!!!!!

CentreFix25
24th Sep 2005, 07:09
mmeteesside, spotters like you can bankrupt airlines and put many people out of work with postings like this!!!! Rubbish!

Here's a few headlines i found on this forum...

"Last days of olympic?"
"Bad situation at Wizzair?"
"Will MY-TRAVEL go Bust ?"
"Is Air Canada dead?"
"Bankrupt United Cuts More Flights"

No disrespect to mmeteesside but he isn't going to bankrupt any airlines.

billyg
24th Sep 2005, 08:28
I thought that Girjet had now been absorbed into Spanair as some of their Fk100s now fly in the full Spanair scheme!

Crazy Fists
25th Sep 2005, 12:34
Hey BombardierCR7
If innocent postings such as mmeteesside's bankrupt airlines then I guess we are all in the S**T. I see nothing wrong with it personally.
Regards
Crazy

airhumberside
25th Sep 2005, 15:05
I thought that Girjet had now been absorbed into Spanair as some of their Fk100s now fly in the full Spanair scheme!
I though Girjet had wet leased Fokker 100's to Spanair in their full colour scheme?

ant1
30th Sep 2005, 09:05
Hi

I've seen their Fokker at BCN on september 19th.

Read also (here?) that they were on Swiss or French airline blacklist

Cheers

ant1
16th Oct 2005, 12:23
This was the thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=189907&highlight=figaro+and+girjet)

According to it, maybe it isn't on any of those two lists but Girjet seems to be in a list of problem airlines that French newspaper Le Figaro published on August 30th.