PDA

View Full Version : Netjets resignations

bad T and C
23rd Sep 2005, 11:30
I have heard on the grape vine that 13 people have handed in thier resignations in the last few weeks at netjets.

Anyone know anything about this? Where are they going etc..?

bad T and C

Smeagel
23rd Sep 2005, 18:52
I hate to say I told you so but.................

montys ex teaboy
23rd Sep 2005, 23:37
Every dog has it's day. I wonder if NJ have had their day??

livinginspain
24th Sep 2005, 06:37
I suspect they couldn't live without Carey ?

Son of a Beech
24th Sep 2005, 07:28
did carey leave?

netjets
24th Sep 2005, 10:42
Yup, Carey left with a BIG push from a Dark Master.

People are going for the same reason I went, better pay and conditions. Why sit around getting paid £30 k working your tail off on an plane with no APU in the dead of winter or in the red hot summers. It's not healthy to do for long and the money just isn't good enough.

The flight attendants get paid more than copilots and the Falcon 2000 guys have a flight attendant, APU, hot food, flushing toilet get the paid the most despite getting selected at random.

Not fair. No wonder people are leaving. I like my warm 73, it's an 'easy' life.

south coast
24th Sep 2005, 12:57
but is it not the same at ba, a captain on a 747 gets more than a captain on a 737, who in turn gets more than a captain on a dash 8.

i would have thought a pay increase as you move up aircraft was normal?

remember those co pilots who are randomly selected onto the falcon fleet have to 'drop' back down to a smaller fleet for command.

so what would you rather, 6 months on a smaller plane but command, or 12-24 months on the falcon and then command on a bravo?

all works itself out in the end...

F2 Driver
24th Sep 2005, 14:32
South coast,

I think you may find your wrong about pay scales in BA. Its the time in the company and not aircraft type which denotes your salary. Besides, most of the A/C in Netjets are smaller than a Dash 8. The salary should be equal on all fleets.
There are some lucky people in Netjets that joined straight onto the Falcon and then moved from the right to the left. As I see it there is no pilot progression policy. It doesnt surprise me that people are voting with their feet.

Happy landings,

F2 Driver

Flintstone
24th Sep 2005, 20:07
My take on the pilot progression policy is this. I emphasise that I'm only guessing and condoning nothing.

In an established airline pilots, on the whole, move through the ranks relatively slowly. Rarely does an airline have such a diverse fleet as that at NJE and pilots on those fleets stay on each type for more than just a couple of years. This means that retraining costs are, pilot for pilot, somewhat lower.

Now let us look at NJE. A fast growing company sucking in pilots from all around to feed their expansion and to crew the growing fleet which I think had fifty something aircraft at the beginning of 2005 and will have ninety by the end of the year.

In an ideal world new hires might start in the right hand seat of a small cabin aircraft, progress through the mid-size and large aircraft before returning to the smaller aircraft for their first command after which they would move up again as captain. It would be difficult to find anyone to say that this would be unfair.

The pilots see large, shiny aircraft arriving and quite naturally expect to be given a crack at them on the basis of time served. The thing is that new aircraft are arriving at such a rate that if the company followed the 'ideal' progression model two-thirds of the workforce would be in training all the time and pilots would spend about six months on each aircraft.

At the same time each fleet, especially the smaller aircraft where most of the new hires go, need a core of experienced people to stay behind and act as trainers.

I suppose it's cheaper to post new hires to larger aircraft and accept a few people leaving than shell out for 250 type ratings per year.

Just my guess.

netjets
24th Sep 2005, 21:29
What I hated was that the poor souls on the Bravo get the lowest pay and had to work in the most extreme conditions. No APU, no flight attendant, no hot food and no flushing toilet.

If you were lucky, you joined straight onto the Hawker and got paid €6K more a year and you didn't have to sit in a cold dark plane at the end of a days flying in the winter. I have heard that after 3 years as a captain on a Bravo you may get a Hawker. At this time you have €18K less in pay and I guess the Hawker pilot has upgraded to a 2000 or a 900. JUST NOT FAIR!

Maybe if they equalised the pay that may reduce some of the bad feeling and reduce the scrabbling to get off the Bravo. Maybe some people might like to stay on the Bravo??? You never know.

And, before anyone comments on the quality of the Bravo pilots, they come from major airlines and have long and short haul experience. So not just the inxeperienced end up sweating in the summer and freezing in the winter.

Life isn't fair, but because of lack of equality people are leaving in scores.

Smeagel
24th Sep 2005, 22:01
That old chesnut "The pay scales will be levelled soon" is doing the rounds again.

Maybe it is true this time, shame it took the resignation of so many good people to bring it about.

bad T and C
26th Sep 2005, 18:58
Is your Union helping improve the the pay and conditions? Are the english guys not under UK employment law. There is always BALPA or the IPA.

Impressive_Wingspan
28th Sep 2005, 18:27
Smeagel
I would check your personal e-mail for inbound memo from the man at the top. It seems the pay rise is no longer a rumour, infact they have gone a bit further as well.

Smeagel
28th Sep 2005, 19:56
Smeagel I would check your personal email from the man at the top. It seems the pay rise is no longer a rumour, infact they have gone a bit further as well.

Not before time, eh? At this rate if all those NJE pilots who have been for interviews elsewhere are successful and resign the rosters will go back to the previously agreed six on, five off.

Impressive_Wingspan
28th Sep 2005, 22:10
Smeagel, i'm not sure if you confused what i was saying, but it wasn't an attempt to blow the NJE trumpet. You are quite correct, there are guys who have interviews, and who are discontented. To be honest though, i've been looking round some of the forums and the grass may seem greener, but the **** may well be deeper.

Twin2040
29th Sep 2005, 08:12
Hi Im.......... W........ and other NJE pilots. This memo: is this payrise also for newjoiners and further are they getting back to fixed 6 days work and 5 days off. Twin2040.

Scroll Lock
29th Sep 2005, 16:49
Er, is this the " we hate Netjets cos we couldnt hack a decent days work" thread. ?

For crying out loud...Im new to this pprune site ( which I enjoy ) but having read all the bitter slagging off by some disgruntled and unworthy employees of Netjets, I truely hope the moderators start deleting all the posts on this company as they all end up with the same sad people ( smeagal is ever present ) airing their disillusioned lifes and expecting the masses to offer comfort and succour.
.. well.....we won't.

All said with bestest of intentions and frustration, but expecting either a ban from 4HP or worse, Master Smeagal to bring his puny guns to bear.

trainer too 2
30th Sep 2005, 11:03
SL,

How true your statement is :ok:

4HolerPoler
30th Sep 2005, 13:52
Regretfully, my position as mod does not give me the right to begin binning posts of disillusioned whiners. Freedom of speech stuff old bean. ;)

Welcome to the site Scroll Lock - your positive outlook is greatly appreciated - realize that all do not wear the same rose-tinted glasses with which you are equipped.

4HP

trainer too 2
1st Oct 2005, 18:51
I would say that he has a moderate approach.... :p

Kopeloi
1st Oct 2005, 23:28
yeah yeah.... lets see after few months.

Scroll Lock
2nd Oct 2005, 07:18
A very speculative comment Mr Kopeloi.

Perhaps I have been with the aforementioned company for many years, OR, I might just be playing Devils Advocate.!!

Ooh, the mystery.
;) :ok:

Smeagel
2nd Oct 2005, 19:48
"Puny guns"? For a new arrival that's a bit rude Scroll Lock, I accept your apology though. Anyway, I always thought it was what you did with your weapon rather than how big it is. Technique and all that:ooh:

As for " disgruntled and unworthy employees of Netjets", that just makes me laugh (visions of Wayne and his sidekick bowing and chanting "We are not worthy!"). Please stick around, you're funny. Trainer 2 likes you too (geddit?). Look, he's winking at you through his rose-tinted spectacles.

Has it not occurred to anyone that this pay levelling announcement, which has been promised for at least a couple of years, has arrived right after a spate of resignations? If you believe that's a coincidence when you next see the Tooth Fairy ask her what Santa is bringing you.

It is good news, no doubt about that (shame you have to put up with certain personalities taking the credit and milking it for all it's worth) but there you go. The sceptics among you will be thinking that it is spread out over the next 15 months and a lot can happen in that time. Let us see.

RAPA Pilot
4th Oct 2005, 20:44
God, some of you pilots dont know your born. You should try flying Trislands on your own in the worst wx with no heating and rain coming in the door. No auto pilot all raw data approaches and continous brake downs. All for sod all money.
Wanna swap???
Bet you wouldn't!!!

redsnail
4th Oct 2005, 21:14
RAPApilot,

Quite a few of us have done similar in far more remote areas of the world. Only thing is, we didn't have to worry about the heating. It was already hot enough.

south coast
5th Oct 2005, 11:25
i think that the changes in salary should be greeted with positive views and not negative.

unfortunately people resigned because of conditions, but at least the company in question realised they were not offering an attractive or fair package and have at least attempted to address such issues.

seems in this day and age, that most companies will say, ' if you dont like it, you know where the door is.'

i think the company in question should be congratulated for at least taking steps in the right direction, and then it puts some worth in the resignations that had to happen for the changes to be implemented.

i can only compare against my former employer, and they for one would have just said, that is how it is, take it or leave it!

no company is perfect, but i think it is good when a company takes positive action towards making things better and fairer amongst its employees.

Banzai Eagle
14th Oct 2005, 17:08
I had an interview with NJ for Rostering Manager.
Interview was very professional (NOT). Lead chap yawned throughout, they didnt have a copy of my cv and no interview notes taken (the cardinal sin of interviewing). Didnt give me much of a impression of NJ.

Smeagel's Mum
14th Oct 2005, 23:04
OOh I think the reason why the lead chap yawned so much was the fact he was knackered. Yes, very rude but perhaps they were just as tired as you would be after a 10 hour shift?

Good luck.

Banzai Eagle
15th Oct 2005, 16:58
Smeagal Erm Interview was held in London !

Flintstone
15th Oct 2005, 20:30
Observation not your strong point Banzai?

That's Smeagel's Mum that replied to you.

Smeagel is an entirely different person altogether (in his own little way).:D

High Viz Vest
15th Oct 2005, 21:50
no company is perfect, but i think it is good when a company takes positive action towards making things better and fairer amongst its employees.

I call it fire fighting, you push people until they start to leave then you have to back off, I wouldnt consider this good management.

Did NJE not cut the salaries of the first pilots they enticed into the company some years ago?

Defenestrator
16th Oct 2005, 00:11
Are any of you guys in a position to say what the actual pay at NJME is?? For new hires anyway. And what are the per diems?
Cheers;)

Riker
16th Oct 2005, 02:00
A little off subject, but are there certain destinations within Europe that are more frequently hit than others for Netjets pilots? What places "seem" to be the most popular (knowing that NJE will fly anywhere)? Places like Lugano, Alterhein, Nice, Palma, Le Bourget and Farnborough, etc.

For those of you who fly for Netjets, which places do you seem to hit most frequently?

Cheers

Flintstone
16th Oct 2005, 18:50
Le Bourget
Luton
London City
Farnborough
Milan Linate
Rome Ciampino
Moscow
Nice
Olbia
Geneva
Zurich

These would be some of the main ones. Some only frequented by certain aircraft types due to restrictions ie London City.

Some are also seasonal, winter/Samadan etc.

jollyboy
23rd Oct 2005, 05:57
so can anyone say in anymore detail why Carey departed?

:8

lifeafterflying
23rd Oct 2005, 06:12
I understand he had his departure thrust upon him. Tragic.

Smeagel
23rd Oct 2005, 18:19
jollyboy.

You have mail.

trainer too 2
23rd Oct 2005, 19:41
You can PM me as well Smeagel!

Smeagel
26th Oct 2005, 07:32
trainer.

I shall send it with your christmas card.

trainer too 2
26th Oct 2005, 19:27
Will the card have a company stamp dated the 3rd of March or a stamp you bought after that day? :=

ramble on
26th Oct 2005, 21:46
Hey....., are there still any poisonous snakes in Portugal?

AIRWAY
28th Oct 2005, 16:52
No poisonous snakes in Portugal.

The ones they have is non-poisonous.

:} :}

jammers
29th Oct 2005, 02:57
Pythons are non-poisonous........but then again.

Smeagel
29th Oct 2005, 14:01
Will the card have a company stamp dated the 3rd of March or a stamp you bought after that day?

Too cryptic for me old fruit.

If memory serves the 3rd of March was known as 'V Nones' by the Romans and what have they ever done for us, eh?

Smeagel's Mum
29th Oct 2005, 14:12
My dear Smeagel,

I vaguely remember you muttering something about a resignation about that date?

I think your precious ring is affecting your memory again. Or is it the vino?

:\

Smeagel
30th Oct 2005, 15:17
Aaaah, THAT 3rd of March.

trainer's playing 'Guess-The-Identity'.

(Back to the vino, leave my ring out of this please mum).