PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Import

putco
23rd Sep 2005, 03:06
Hi All

Could someone please tell me who is the best to use for the import of an aircraft from the States to SA?

Thanks

Deanw
23rd Sep 2005, 07:14
Go to www.avcom.co.za

There are quite a few guys there who have imported aeries to SA (both by themselves and using agents). :ok:

African Tech Rep
23rd Sep 2005, 07:41
Hi putco

I think a tenny bit more would be useful.

The import / export of a plane has many aspects – are you looking for someone to do the customs bit ?, someone to ferry / ship it?, someone to liaise with SACAA for re-registration, are you going to put it on the SA reg or keep it on the N plate?, someone to inspect the plane and it’s records prior to acceptance? (or even purchase), is it a type certified plane (as per SACAA) or not?

If you were looking for someone to handle the “technical aspects” or do “project overview” I’d say me :} (blatant plug), although I’d also admit that I normally “take them out” rather than “bring them in”, places like NAC and Comair (Cessna dealers) should have experience in bring them in – other people I’m sure can suggest Ferry pilots / shipping companies but the former will need to know on which register you intend to do the ferry.

putco
23rd Sep 2005, 14:12
Thanks guys

ATR, can l email you please?

African Tech Rep
23rd Sep 2005, 14:23
Sure

Use [email protected] as button in profile don't seem to work.