PDA

View Full Version : Cold Callers......again!

TURIN
22nd Sep 2005, 21:29
Ok, I know this subject has been done to death but after a quick search through JB I haven't found this posted before.....

Cold Caller Counterscript (http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html)

I have this printed off and it sits next to my phone!:E

ExSimGuy
24th Sep 2005, 08:30
Nice one :ok:

I picked up a call at my mother's house last time I was home in UK on vacation, to find a mortgage telemarketer on the phone.

Happily replied to all of his questions (I was surprised when I answered his question about my salary in "Riyals" and he didn't flinch!)

Mum calls out "put the phone down, they are wasting your time"

But I didn't - I continued to answer the nice man's questions truthfully and accurately as long as he kept asking.

Eventually he got to the point and asked me if he could put me down for a house-loan or re-mortgage and I explained why this was a complete non-starter.

Mum says "why did you keep talking to him for so long, you should have just put the phone down instead of wasting your time"

I explained to Mum that I was on holiday, with all the time in the world to waste, but that HE was paying the phone bill and totally wasting 20 minutes of his, and his employer's, time - "GOTCHA" :)

Maxbert
24th Sep 2005, 16:42
TURIN-

Every time I click on the link (6th time now, you'd think I'd have learned... :rolleyes: ) my computer freezes, Ctrl. Alt. Del... :suspect:

Dr Illitout
24th Sep 2005, 19:11
Good one Turin, I've always wanted to try...
"What are you wearing?......and underneath?......I'm Naked." But the wife said no.
I called that number in the directory to block these calls and it has reduced them a bit.

rgds Dr I

TURIN
24th Sep 2005, 20:58
Maxbert, what can I say?

I have a notoriously dodgy PC that will crash as soon as I look at it (Windows ME don't you just love it?) but the link works fine for me.

Sorry.

Dead_Heading
24th Sep 2005, 21:03
*coughs* Linux! *cough* Ahem. I apologise.