PDA

View Full Version : Explorer for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance?

TeeS
22nd Sep 2005, 16:35
I see from their website that they now have a nice new 902. Missed all the usual launch publicity, how long has it been in place?

Nice aircraft for HEMS I should think, how's it going?

TeeS

Link (http://www.yorkshireairambulance.org.uk/ouraircraft.html)

PANews
22nd Sep 2005, 23:18
.....they now have a nice new 902.....

Incorrect terminology.

They are expecting to buy an Explorer but the airframe they have is [like the BO105 it replaced] just one of the spare airframes in the SAS/PAS/MAS fleet from Staverton.

It is ex-Schreiner, so not new.

md 600 driver
23rd Sep 2005, 06:52
it is shiney and new to them good luck to them i say

From Yorkhire and Humberside land of the NOTARS

Fake Sealion
23rd Sep 2005, 07:55
Tees

The "new" Helo arrived in July and local BBC/ITV news programmes did give it some airtime I recall. It appeared briefly at the Breighton Airshow late July before scooting off to Kinder Scout "on call".

Cheers

FS

:p

TeeS
23rd Sep 2005, 23:07
I take it that was Kinder Scout, Yorkshire?????

TeeS:confused:

md 600 driver
24th Sep 2005, 06:48
no in the peak district they get all over the place at times

Northskycop
24th Sep 2005, 08:42
"From Yorkhire and Humberside land of the NOTARS"

Should that not read the land of helicopters with no spare parts, I should know, we're one of them!!

md 600 driver
24th Sep 2005, 08:47
skycop
which one
point also taken and agreed but i hear its going to get a lot better

PANews
24th Sep 2005, 21:27
'..... but i hear its going to get a lot better'

I only hope you are right 600, but how long have you [and everyone else] been told that 'fact.'

'It' .... whatever 'it' is .... needs to be happening yesterday .... but as ever it is 'tomorrow.'

The biggest operator [and one of the most enthusiastic] of the 520N is Phoenix PD in Arizona and they have finally given up for waiting for this so elusive tomorrow.... they are changing to operate the AS350B3 and the A119.

It is not the airframe that is at fault its the support and the failure to make 'it' happen.

helicopter-redeye
25th Sep 2005, 08:35
Unless we have managed to extend the size of the CountyEmpire through an overnight invasion, I'm pretty certain Kinder Scout (aka "the aircrafts graveyard") is in rural Derbyshire.

In fact its so far west, it's almost Gtr Mcr.

h-r:)

TeeS
25th Sep 2005, 09:01
I'm confused by that one!

TeeS

Bertie Thruster
25th Sep 2005, 10:06
Kinder Scout covered by, in no particular order, Yorkshire AA, Lincs/Notts AA, RAF SAR Leconfield, County Air AA (Cosford or E Mids) S. Yorks police air support casevac, Notts/Derby police air support casevac.

It's in Derbyshire, so its County's patch charity-wise.