PDA

View Full Version : GB to stop LGW-AGP for winter

IB4138
21st Sep 2005, 09:05
Rumour this morning that GB Airways are seriously considering stopping LGW-AGP for winter, as they cannot compete with Easyjet and Monarch on the route.

Kirkwall
21st Sep 2005, 11:42
A spare airframe for Manchester Rome then now thwt BACX has pulled off. I wonder where they will get the peak time slots from?

kooyheier
21st Sep 2005, 14:44
If this is true than that's only good news for the ZB service(MON), just wait and see I supose...

Still amazes me how many people actually go to Malaga regularly...

Cheerio:cool:

TheOddOne
21st Sep 2005, 16:19
It's frequently the no1 destination from Gatwick, measured on a weekly basis, especially in the Winter. I'd be amazed if GB drop this one - there are plenty of folk who like their service and are prepared to pay a bit more to travel through the North Terminal. Many of these have 2nd properties in the area - the Sunday evening service seems very popular.

I hope this is just an unfounded rumour. Still that's what pprune's all about isn't it?

Cheers,
The Odd One

goldeneye
21st Sep 2005, 19:00
Thing is GB is also up against the charter carriers on the route too, and all the big charters fly the route ie FCA, MYT, TOM, MON, XLA, TCX etc.
And there is still Gibraltar as an alternative.

Jet A1
21st Sep 2005, 19:47
No plans to drop AGP -- The plan is to reduce frequencies during the winter months and look further afield and places with less competition. G-BUSJ goes back next month too so GB will be operating 1 airframe down until the next A321 arrives.

Major Cleve Saville
22nd Sep 2005, 09:03
G-BUSJ? I thought we were one aircraft down this summer!

Wouldn't have enough crew hours left to fly it anyway.

Another A321, just what we need - more capacity!!! Good thing no one else is increasing capacity on our routes, we should clean up.

I am off to the Red Sea soon as well, so that will cheer me up, nothing like a quick Hurghada to restore the spirits! Great timing on this route too.

Fortunately management have a good grip on it all, so thats alright then!