PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen my "Any one seen my thread" thread ?

favourite_gas
21st Sep 2005, 07:34
Mods - can someone please tell me why my previous two threads have been deleted.

Thanks

airship
21st Sep 2005, 08:06
You're not the only one! :{

One can only imagine the scene at PPRuNe towers yesterday...

"The place is full of crap! I mean look at this one from :mad: Does he really expect anyone to wade through that pile of dung? And here's another from that :mad: He might have said something vaguely amusing once, now he thinks he's got an audience hanging on his every last word. And all these other :mad: who want to save the planet or run GB, well they can bloody well go and do their preaching elsewhere!

DEL...DEL...DEL...DEL...DEL...DEL...

There, I feel much better now! :O :uhoh:

henry crun
21st Sep 2005, 08:42
What were the titles of these two threads you started ?

favourite_gas
21st Sep 2005, 09:33
Yeah, my first thread was re political correctness - I went to buy a gingerbread man from my local bakery and informed they now sell gingerbread persons.

My thread then disappeared. I then posted another thread to ask "where has my thread gone", which subsequently 'disappeared'....:confused:

IFTB
21st Sep 2005, 09:41
What thread? I did not see any thread!

Spuds McKenzie
21st Sep 2005, 09:54
The place is full of crap!
If this was the major factor for a thread in JB to be deleted or not, there would be hardly any left... ;)

Gingerbread Man
21st Sep 2005, 10:27
I thought I was going loopy FG. I didn't understand how that thread had dropped so quickly from existence. Maybe political correctness has no place here?

Gingerbread Person ;) (not for sale)

Binoculars
21st Sep 2005, 10:29
It could also be that yet another "Has PC finally gone too far" thread was just one too many. Try a search.

The Invisible Cat
21st Sep 2005, 11:15
One thunk Mr favourite_gas should take a look at the JB ROE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144080) and especially at the bottom picture.

In a few words : Search and yer will find.
:rolleyes:
'tis quite easy indeed to find all the posts made by a given person (hint of the day : tick the "show results as posts" checkbox)

As one's a good mooded moggy today, one did and one's sorry to tell yer that said threads and posts have indeed vanished into oblivion. :ugh:

However one has the feeling that whining about mundane threads being deleted is not going to make you very popular with our dear and beloved mods

tony draper
21st Sep 2005, 11:25
Hmmm, didn't seem that bad a thread to me, as we should all share a deep hatred for political correctness, one actually posted on it, but concidering ginger folk are the subject of hair predjudice and abuse perhaps this was the reason.

colmac747
21st Sep 2005, 11:45
Me, myself and I got a couple of threads removed last week.:mad:

Doesn't bother me though, as they were crap anyway:p

Gingerbread Man
21st Sep 2005, 11:56
Thats the spirit colmac :ok: . Half of mine get deleted before I click the 'submit' button. I realise that no one will care, especially if i've lost interest by the end of my own post :p .

Ginger ;)

favourite_gas
21st Sep 2005, 12:00
Thanks guys - wasn't very familiar with the rules of the forum. Will submit only nice fresh (never seen before) threads in future!

shortandsmelly
21st Sep 2005, 13:18
Will submit only nice fresh (never seen before) threads

Good luck thinking of one of those... ;)

hemac
21st Sep 2005, 19:03
I was going to post something rather risque the other day but before I got to my computer I had the thoughts removed from my head by the mods.

There's no use fighting it, they have us in their power.

H.

frostbite
21st Sep 2005, 20:21
If you want to experience truly oppressive moderating policies, go and play in the forums on honestjohn.co.uk.

Mentioning tit, arse, or anything sexual will get you slung off, and there is an absurd swear filter which not only removes whole paragraphs on occasion, it will also zap you for an ordinary word that happens to be a 'naughty' in Zulu, Swahili or a multitude of other obscure languages.

Onan the Clumsy
21st Sep 2005, 20:33
(never seen before) wot about blind people? :cool:

or maybe deaf ones? :confused:

Farrell
21st Sep 2005, 22:14
Yep - I've had a few scoured off the forum over the past few days.

If anyone wants that video of the "i been ten years on dis mother f****n corner man, ten years on dis b**ch, you know wha i'm sayin, not even Metro control dis corner man, it's mine - lemme show y'all somethin" thug on a street corner in Vegas who then proceeds to walk out onto the street and randomly wreck this woman's Chrysler PT Cruiser with a crowbar, just PM me as I think it was a bit OTT even for Jet Blast! :uhoh:

tony draper
21st Sep 2005, 22:27
Proon is sensibly moderated compared to some websites, on some even a tiny hint of politics or even a subject that might lead to some political injection is immediatly locked,even important subjects like the the hurricane and New Oleans is locked because someone might say something political is verbotten,I think that level of control is stupid,and once good websites are hardly worth posting on now,unless you wish to discuss curtains cushions,soft furnishings, puppies kittens and such.
Then on the other hand you have the totaly unmoderated websites,although there are not many of them around as there used to be, they are just plain crazy.
:cool:

ExSimGuy
24th Sep 2005, 08:49
I think you will find it is here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190903)

favourite_gas
24th Sep 2005, 09:27
I'll think you find you just posted a link to THIS thread! :hmm:

ExSimGuy
24th Sep 2005, 10:44
Gas, you blew it! if you remove your post I'll remove mine!!!

favourite_gas
24th Sep 2005, 12:29
ExSimGuy - still confused :confused:

tony draper
24th Sep 2005, 12:48
One thinks Mr ExSimGuy is indicating that said link was a merry jape posted in order to catch out less astute prooners Mr Gas.

ExSimGuy
24th Sep 2005, 14:03
Well said Drapes - he just went and blew it.

We could have had the gullible going around and around and clicking the link every time, finally vanishing up their own Jet Pipes.

Would have confused the devil out of the Colonial Brethren

(fortunately my son-in-law is a Keystone Cop, NOT a Keystone Pilot, so doesn't PPRuNe, and I'll still be welcome in his house next month, having removed that nasty book by Mike Moore that I had last time I vistied) :E