PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Unable to Crew Aircraft

Flying Fiona
20th Sep 2005, 16:51
Flybe has today announced a massive cutback in sevices. 35 resignations this month alone. Does anybody know why they have such a large attrition rate?

The Real Slim Shady
20th Sep 2005, 16:58
As you "appear" to work for FlyBe perhaps you can answer your own question.

flyingbe.com
20th Sep 2005, 19:53
Complete Bollocks,

Flybe is over crewed, so much so that everybody wants to go part time.

Megaton
20th Sep 2005, 19:54
So no-one is ever asked to work a day off then?

flyingbe.com
20th Sep 2005, 20:00
No, flybe has no one working days off due to the over crewing situation. They dont ask people to work extra sectors or force them to work into days off either.

Megaton
20th Sep 2005, 20:03
Oh right. My mistake then :)

spinnaker
21st Sep 2005, 09:29
flyingbe.com

No, flybe has no one working days off due to the over crewing situation. They dont ask people to work extra sectors or force them to work into days off either.

I cannot see anywhere on this thread accusations of flybe forcing people to work into their days off. So why post a denial? Just curious.

Trislander
21st Sep 2005, 09:35
flyingbe.com,

You must be one of the lucky ones!

T :ok:

Raw Data
21st Sep 2005, 17:46
Lol must be time to dust of my licence and come back for a while... do they need any 146 drivers...??? :}

Piltdown Man
21st Sep 2005, 18:40
The bigger the operation, the bigger the turnover. Also, there is the big jet mentality - turboprops are not enough for some.

SW - you are still out there then mate? Thought that you had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Trevor

er82
21st Sep 2005, 19:01
I don't think it's really to do with a large 'jet mentality'. It's more to do with the management shafting the crews. Seniority has pretty much gone out the window - to the detriment of those guys who have been there through thick and thin. Loyalty isn't being rewarded.

Right Way Up
21st Sep 2005, 22:51
Could it be the aircraft are uncrewed because of this.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1902630#post1902630

Raw Data
22nd Sep 2005, 01:55
Hiya Trev - no mate, these days I am back in sunny NZ engaged in starting an aviation-related business, and doing a bit of contract flying to keep my hand in.

How about you, skippering some big shiny jet now?

Back on topic, surprised if they are all that short, there are a few 146 people about now since Euromanx have closed Galway. Not usre about Q400 people though, probably all gone to Easyjet.

Mind you flybe have been known to wait until they have absolutely no choice but to hire contract people - it costs them quite a bit.

As for working days off, extra sectors etc that has been going on for years, why do you think so many vote with their feet when the hiring starts elsewshere? Easy to fix, and would cost a lot less than training new people all the time!