PDA

View Full Version : Jellywoppers.

Bob Viking
20th Sep 2005, 10:44
So, there I was. Going round the pattern in Holbeach range just switching from bombing to strafing, about to run back through the small plug (IP) when I look below me and see a red, white and blue jet ranger threading himself through the gap between holbeach's danger area and Sandringham, heading north at low level.
I just happened to be at about a 1000 feet whilst I changed some switches around and generally enjoyed the view when I spotted him.
Why did this bother me, you ask. Well, normally I would have been at about 250 feet and in direct conflict with the guy in a very busy bit of airspace. Turns out he was more than likely a pipeline inspection chappie on his way home (not looking at a pipeline).
My biggest gripe is why the hell do we go to such lengths to avoid these people when they obviously don't return the favour!

BV:*
PS. Do civvies have to avoid PMP's?

diginagain
20th Sep 2005, 10:52
Re your PS - does the Provost Marshall have any powers over civilians?

No, so I guess the answer's there.

rej
20th Sep 2005, 10:53
PS. Do civvies have to avoid PMP's?

No, they are mil avoids, the civvies have to avoid, as do we, the EGRs. Sometimes EGRs and PMPs might be collocated if the EGRs are specific to ac types such as helos and microlites only.

stiknruda
20th Sep 2005, 11:48
Bob - there you were running around the boonies e&e-ing I thought!

Had planned to take yr Welsh friend for a blast on Sat once the big-boys toys were all parked up!

As for avoiding PMP's - no, they don't appear on our charts - I do avoid D207 and speak to Marham on 124.15 if in that bit of your playground!

Stik

Role1a
20th Sep 2005, 12:37
I think Sandringham is only a seasonal PMP at xmas and newyear.

R1a