PDA

View Full Version : Airial firefighting KZNFPA vs Nst firefight

20th Sep 2005, 10:39
Seems there is different org. doing this fire fighting thing, looks exiting, but who is the better outfit to fly for, spotter i am talking of.

thrushdriver
21st Sep 2005, 03:41
KZNFPA - Firestop

I have been firebombing with the KZNFPA for a number of years. I cannot give a comparison between the two associations but I can give you some info on KZNFPA.

On the spotter pilots side, it is very difficult to get in as the KZNFPA use the same pilots every year, for continuity and for knowledge of the vast area that is covered. The only way to get in is to wait for a vacancy, which doesn't come along often as the current pilots are comfortable at the moment.

On the bombing side you have to work for one of the companies that contract to the association, and KZNFPA have to approve of you.

Send a CV to the KZNFPA, contact details are on their website: www.firestop.co.za (http://www.firestop.co.za)

Cheers

23rd Sep 2005, 14:13
Yhx thrushdriver, spoken to couple of people, think i vote for KZNFPA. How is the season so far, and do you think the spotter in Ugie might retire this season.