PDA

View Full Version : View for the Office Window

tall and tasty
20th Sep 2005, 09:36
Hi everyone.

What is your view from the office window? I have in the past had a brick wall, railway track,concrete apron of an international airport and even the most recent an airfield.

What view do you gaze out at everyday when you need inspiration or a break from the comp or what ever you are working on?

TnT :ok:

ORAC
20th Sep 2005, 09:44
What´s a window? :(

Rollingthunder
20th Sep 2005, 09:52
Pilots have the best windows and they usually weigh a ton.

Stockpicker
On a nice clear sunny day like today from my eyrie here on the 6th floor I can see the spires of St Mary's, Murrayfield Stadium, and the Ochils in the distance! :ok:

SASless
Tnt....

Mine changes daily....depends upon where we are flying at the time....granted some nights over the North Sea one might as well not had a window at all.

Gainesy
What's an office?:confused:

Navajo8686
At the minute I have a little grassed over courtyard with a tree and a squirrel in it. Being in a leafy part of Birmingham does help!
:p

Mind you the attempted murder in one of the offices opposite also reminds me just how close I am to some very rough areas:(

angels
20th Sep 2005, 09:58
I sit quite a distance away from the windows, but if I wander over to them I can see the Swiss Re Tower, AKA the Gherkin.

Jerricho
20th Sep 2005, 09:59
We don't have windows either..........just more computer screens than the average person sees in their lives. ;)

Parapunter
20th Sep 2005, 10:01
We have the sea. Which is nice

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Sep 2005, 10:02
Flies, flies and more durned flies.....:*

Howard Hughes
20th Sep 2005, 10:04
white light
white light
white light
white light
white light

RED LIGHT OH F:mad: !!

Gingerbread Man
20th Sep 2005, 10:08
Bit of a strange question to ask on a pilot's forum - you'll get a load of smug people who say things like "the Sahara" or whatever. And I would like to announce my jealousy of them in advance ;) .

Ginger :cool:

PerArdua
20th Sep 2005, 10:08
Cracking view of Salisbury Plain, with deer, hares and buzzards. A couple of prehistoric long barrows and a road full of caravans.

PA

Send Clowns
20th Sep 2005, 10:09
Bournemouth International Airport. Not bad considering the relatively high abundance of unusual aircraft, at least in the summer display season. Vampires, Venoms, Sea Vixen, Sea Fury, Hawks, Hunter, etc.

RiskyRossco
20th Sep 2005, 10:10
Yeppers, them evil little pests aren't far away, either.
Apologies if this has been done before, 'tis repeated here for T 'n T's sake. The Ppruning window:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/Riskyrossco/Pprunechair.jpg

which should be actual view in couple mths.

BombayDuck
20th Sep 2005, 10:14
A nice manicured lawn with a couple of trees & shrubs, beyond which lies one of the factories in the complex....

its a nice view, but the windows are fixed (and tinted :* ) and its from the ground floor....

lasernigel
20th Sep 2005, 10:17
HEEEEEEEELP

this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/lasernigel/yorkrose.gif

tho there's a bit of road and hill before the border that's in Gods county.:ok:

Komba
20th Sep 2005, 10:20
The office garden, then a fence, then the runway at HKNW... Very nice...

Lon More
20th Sep 2005, 10:22
Like Jerricho it was a case of, "Screens to the left of them, screens to the right of them ....", except when I was wearing my system developing hat, then I had a view of the approach and a nearby chemical works.
Now I've retired I can look out the window at my own little orchard and wood; lots of little bunnies in the early morning - rabbit pie anyone?

Rushton
20th Sep 2005, 10:23
Herds of wilderbeest sweeping majestical across the plains

Tonkatoy
20th Sep 2005, 10:49
I can see a tree, all the comings and goings of the building and a derelict sweatshop.

That'll be East London for you...

diginagain
20th Sep 2005, 11:21
Lasernigel, that is called Divine Intervention whirr ah cum from.

Back to the question. Does a porthole count?

If so, I can see a lot of oil rig, a bit of sea, and the helideck, where tomorrow, touch wood, I will board a helicopter and go home.

eal401
20th Sep 2005, 11:27
Window?

The nearest glass to my desk is opaque. Even then the view would be naff.

But if I walk to the fire exit, I can see......

.....the post office across the road.

:bored:

Taildragger55
20th Sep 2005, 11:31
Currently an industrial estate, some grass, trees, top bits of Dublin mountains. Could be worse.
Best ever was from a building site office on an artifical island in the middle of Hong Kong harbour.

under_exposed
20th Sep 2005, 11:41
So far today, a couple of spitfires, a lancaster and two I could not identify. Then four jests (two of them may have been eurofighters). A good day so far.

Paterbrat
20th Sep 2005, 11:42
Unwillingly traded a everchanging view from a cockpit window and a considerable stretch of hot (very) sand in ME, to the interior of NHS establishments and concrete jungle in SW Lon. Not entirely delighted with the trade.

When able however will escape to a very much more pleasant view of the Indian Ocean through a particularly thick patch (28) Baobab trees who achieved themselves some degree of immortality by being mentioned in Vasco De Gama's journal on his visit to the E African coast just prior to his discovery and landing at Malindi.

Avtrician
20th Sep 2005, 11:54
Cant see out my windows unless I stand on a chair. (OH&S dont like that) Nothing to see but a bunch of concrete and a scattering of planes (Prop and Jet)

Onan the Clumsy
20th Sep 2005, 12:01
What's a brick wall?

VitaminGee
20th Sep 2005, 12:12
Rolling parkland and a ruined castle (another one trashed by cromwell's mob:} ) Best view was when office was half way up a control tower, on a corner with huge windows and panoramic view of airfield and all comings and goings - grand as owt!!:ok:

VG

Nickoli
20th Sep 2005, 12:24
Tree's and a lake, lots of fisherman

Capt.KAOS
20th Sep 2005, 12:32
A high fence, guys with guns and barbed wire :(

djk
20th Sep 2005, 12:42
I can see just a few empty offices across from me from where Kemps dairy products had their finance & wages department until just a few months ago and if I look a bit further to the right across the parking lot I can see the freeway

G-DESK
20th Sep 2005, 13:07
A couple of Hawkers, a Lear 60, a couple of GEXs and a GIV. The view from my window is absolutely the best thing about my job :p

Send Clowns
20th Sep 2005, 13:40
Back in the high-security wing, eh, Kaos? :}

2port
20th Sep 2005, 14:19
TnT/Send clowns:

sounds familiar, I can see 8 vampires, 2 1-11's, a 727, 2 classics and a C-130, it's a modern world down here on the south coast!
I preferred seeing The Alps or The Rockies or even The GCFA, but it's not too bad.

2P

CWL2YOW
20th Sep 2005, 14:49
The Canadian Parliament.
LINK (http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/gallery/images_600_72/98D_55_5_18.jpg)

frostbite
20th Sep 2005, 15:08
The changing rooms in the ladies lawn tennis club next door.

Then I woke up.

Romeo Charlie
20th Sep 2005, 20:11
Herds of wilderbeest sweeping majestical across the plains

Ahhh, you'll be in Torquay then?

Capt.KAOS
20th Sep 2005, 20:30
Back in the high-security wing, eh, Kaos? yeah, for those who are inside ;)

ShyTorque
20th Sep 2005, 20:36
Don't know. Every time I stand on the bucket to look through the bars the screws put me back in solitary..... :(

Whirlygig
20th Sep 2005, 20:41
Shy,

Didn't know you worked at Great Yarmouth Town Hall (aka Poll Tax House) as well!!

Cheers

Whirls

Send Clowns
20th Sep 2005, 22:43
Where are you working then, 2port? I can't see the north side, so the Hercules is way out of sight until I get in the aircraft and see the whole lot :D

broadreach
21st Sep 2005, 01:18
Depends.

If I'm in my official office I can hardly see out the window across the street for the grunge on it. Must get the cleaners to see to that someday - without risking said cleaners going splat on the sidewalk five floors below.

I'f I'm working at home to concentrate away from the every-thirty-seconds-phones-or-someone-needing-a-solution, it's a view over the entrance to Guanabara Bay, Sugarloaf square in the window, SDU threshold off to the left and the Marina to the right. Almost as distracting as the every-thirty-seconds......

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/broadreach/96c339e5.jpg

planepsycho
21st Sep 2005, 01:53
Out my office window I can see the runway, then there is a dairy farm with an old concrete silo which runs along the east side of the field, plus, a cornfield and some jersey cows wandering around just past the windsock....(they are fenced "out" of the airport.) Past that is a panoramic view of the cumberland plateau, a small chain of mountains which encompasses the airport in a crescent shaped valley. Sometimes I go outside and sit on the bench and admire it in awe.:ok:

paulc
21st Sep 2005, 06:11
Winchester Cathedral + the rest of the city centre.

RiskyRossco
21st Sep 2005, 06:28
Scene: outside, planepsycho admires the view,
"Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww....."

:p

eal401
21st Sep 2005, 06:56
Winchester Cathedral + the rest of the city centre.
Ooh, you lucky b*stard!!

(From an ex-Winchester person!)

Binoculars
21st Sep 2005, 07:05
THIS! (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/ferret53/)

This is not actually my home station, it's where I do leave relief for a couple of months a year, and always have a terrible time.

MadsDad
21st Sep 2005, 08:26
The RAC tower (next to the M5).

planepsycho
21st Sep 2005, 11:21
Scene: outside, planepsycho admires the view,

"low work for low pay"

Bre901
21st Sep 2005, 11:27
Trees, another building, some sky with some hairyplanes passing around (mostly SEP's and a couple of bizjets). If I stand up I can see the lawn under the trees, with some quite edible mushrooms depending on the season (they usually don't last long there as they end up in my frying pan).

Flip Flop Flyer
21st Sep 2005, 12:46
A multi-story car park, but there was a time and in a different life when this was my view:

http://tinypic.com/dwfjuw.jpg

Nyhavn in Copenhagen, for those who are interested. One of the best places in Scandihoovia to spot some of the most beautiful girls in the world. Oh, how I sometimes miss home :{

It will only be a question of time before someone posts something like this I suppose:

http://tinypic.com/dwfk7b.jpg

Or this:

http://tinypic.com/dwfk8z.jpg

To which I can only say: Lucky barstward!

Binoculars
21st Sep 2005, 13:33
Wow. That first contrail pic is gorgeous. :ok:

reynoldsno1
21st Sep 2005, 20:34
....looking at the local pub right now......

The Real Slim Shady
21st Sep 2005, 21:00
Looked up and there it was.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/av8tor100/BMedA321.jpg

broadreach
22nd Sep 2005, 01:21
FFF,
Second pic is priceless!

Real Sim Shady,
NOw we know what eyebrow windows are really for.

Binocs
I am just rolling in pity for your having to traverse those roiling seas every year to stand in at the very end of civilisation and with so few creature comforts. The glare must be terrible on your eyes. What do you talk about with parrots?

guccigal
22nd Sep 2005, 07:07
Depends on which office i am in (am lucky enough to have 3). Currently i have a very pretty view of the Brisbane River.