PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Basing

Bumby
19th Sep 2005, 21:35
Just wondering if I tried Ryanair on the basis of getting the base I want how would they react. Don't want to quit my existing job and then get sent to where I don't want to be. Can they subsequently move employees at will.

I'm an F/O and 737NG rated.

captplaystation
19th Sep 2005, 22:40
The rule are "there are no rules".If you are trying to get somewhere that is unlikely to be popular,sure why not;but the strangest places(Liverpool for chrissake!)attracted interest for reasons like. . easy commute to DUB, so it is always difficult to forsee how many will be attracted to a new base.If you are after an existing base then in theory you could only go if there are vacancies/expansion there, and no existing RYR pilots with a bid for that base . . .however as I said the rules are"there are no rules"so it depends 1- how much they want you/ are prepared to offer you what you want,but take care once you have burned your bridges with your existing employer the vacancy at your nominated base might suddenly cease to exist 2- depends whether you join as contractor/permanent;they seem to fit contractors into existing bases more easily but,you wont always fly from there,however the more they need you the less they dick you around and we seem to be in "positive climb"at the moment. 3-If you are joining as F/O you will almost certainly have to move base to get your command and it can take a long time to get back"home"unless you are lucky or "know" the right people! ?, but I wouldn't recommend that ,or a DUB base at the moment, a read of the other threads will clarify why.Our nice Mr Brady that "took care"of basings once you were in has now gone, and it is as yet unknown whether his ability to misread base bids courtesy of a couple of nice bottles left in the office on a Fri a/noon wll be inherited by his predecessor.I would say if your decision to come here is based solely on the premis of being based in one place, prepare to be dissapointed at some stage of your career;but,as they say "good luck".

Bumby
19th Sep 2005, 23:09
Thanks for that. Think I'll suck my thumb where I am for another while. Got no gripes so no point in creating any for myself.