PDA

View Full Version : A simple question

wcj8638
19th Sep 2005, 19:55
Hi guys,

Can I take up CPL/IR without the PPL ? (really need to know this)

Is LATC open for private student?

I read through the syllabus of PPL and CPL/IR, what is thought in PPL is in CPL,so,should i go for PPL before CPL/IR?

Farrell
19th Sep 2005, 20:53
Simple question....simple answer.......No.

(edit)
Having just re-read your questions.....you must have a PPL before you do the CPL IR

The PPL course and CPL is not the same. It looks the same, but it's not.

Can't help you with the LATC though

Lithgow
20th Sep 2005, 02:32
Are you in Malaysia?

If so, according to:
http://www.mfa.edu.my/courses.html#CPL/IR

under the heading of CPL/IR Synopsis:

"A successful completion of this course along with DCA's and the United Kingdom Department of Civil Aviation's (UKCAA) theory examinations results in a Private Pilot Licence, a Commercial Pilot Licence and an Instrument Rating."

I did my CPL/IR as a cadet with an Asian airline, not at MFA, and I did not need a PPL either.

In other words, if you do an integrated CPL/IR course, successful completion will earn you a CPL/IR which includes the priveleges of a PPL.

You don't need a PPL in such cases to enrol in the CPL/IR course.

Suggest you contact LATC yourself about being a private candidate.

wcj8638
20th Sep 2005, 06:10
hi guys,

i am a little confused here,some said it needs a PPL and some don't , but I think lithgow is right, what is being thaught in CPL will not be thaught in PPL ?

So i just need to enroll to the CPL/IR course straight away ?

Gufo
20th Sep 2005, 08:49
Maybe this is the case; you can enroll for an INTEGRATED CPL course without holding a PPL (what I did, btw).
But, if you mean CPL/IR as the older modular course, then the answer is "no, you can't".

So, at least in a JAA/CAA environment, what you should really care about is whether the school you're dealing with is offering an "integrated" course or not.
The syllabus is specific for each approved course, so the one for the modular CPL is likely not to deal with the PPL skills.
While the syllabus for an integrated course is supposed to cover every aspect from scratch.
When you get to talk with a school, make sure they're certified for the course you're picking, and maybe ask them to show you their syllabi :ok:

wcj8638
20th Sep 2005, 17:00
hi guys,

Thanks a lot Gufo for the infos, really appreciated it, i asked LATC,they said theirs is CPL integrated, but I dun think MFA's is,

but the bad news is,I am only allow to take the course in 2008 !!!! it is fully booked ...:(

Lithgow
21st Sep 2005, 03:31
If you read my earlier post properly and checked the URL you will find that it refers to the CPL/IR course offered by...

M F A

Farrell
21st Sep 2005, 09:38
Here mate, try this place

http://www.langkawiaerospace.com/

Apparently, they training Malaysian Airlines cadets

Good luck with your training and hope to see you up there someday.

Farrell

longlatif
21st Sep 2005, 10:04
PPL is needed so you can do solo nav's etc...

Even if you do a CPL-IR course you will obtain a PPL anyway!

Oh and stay away from MFA!!! Fully booked with 300++ students...