PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a dream come true?

TheFlyingSquirrel
19th Sep 2005, 19:41
I had a reoccouring dream for months and months and months - everynight, I would be on top of a big tall building and the building would shake and then fall down, waking me up. I got really used to it. I told my wife and put it down to pressure, stress etc....then 9/11 and nothing - all the dreams stoppped - strange but true. Anyone have any other similar tales ?

TFS

Flypuppy
19th Sep 2005, 20:36
I chased a dream until it turned into a nightmare.

Some cheeky Frenchman went and won my euro-millions lottery jackpot as well.

HOGE
19th Sep 2005, 20:53
Wheel out the old joke,

I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow, and when I woke up, the pillow was gone.

tilewood
19th Sep 2005, 20:58
I've heard stories of people who needed to bite the pillow............only it wasn't a dream! :uhoh:

Farrell
19th Sep 2005, 21:25
Yeah but tile, that IS a dream come true for some!

tall and tasty
19th Sep 2005, 21:31
Hate to say it yes I have had dreams come true.

Really none like winning the lottery, usually the really horrible ones where someone ends up dying.

I don't tell many about them know in fear that is jinxes the person I have dreampt of but it is scary.

Two involved very close friends the other a person in the public eye who died 8 years ago

TnT

tony draper
19th Sep 2005, 21:43
Dreamt I have got up, got dressed washed brushed me teeth shaved ect, had me brecky, got ready and gone to work, only to wake up a hour late and had to run around like a loon, had that one a few times.
:uhoh:

acbus1
20th Sep 2005, 06:00
Had lots as a teenager.

The proof that it "came" true was always there when I woke up.

Made a heck of a mess. :E

Wholigan
20th Sep 2005, 07:54
Happy talk, keep talking happy talk
Talk about things you like to do
You got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?

As you will know --- from South Pacific. Music by Richard Rodgers, Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein

So mebbe we should all just "talk happy talk"...... sure would make the mods' job easier!

:E

sprocket
20th Sep 2005, 08:51
:eek: :eek: :eek: Wholi, ya gotta be jokin'! :E :E :E

VitaminGee
20th Sep 2005, 08:57
I don't tell many about them in fear that is jinxes the person I have dreampt of. Paradoxically, I have always been led to bellieve that if you talk about a dream/nightmare you break the jinx and what you dreamt would then not happen.:D
Wholigan, thanks alot, I've now got the Happy Talk tune whistling round where my brain used to be and know it will be there all day.:{

VG
[...please, nobody mention Oliver!]

RaraAvis
20th Sep 2005, 09:10
:(

Have a recurring and quite disturbing dream about a recent 'lucky' incident which could have ended pretty badly.

Been having that dream almost every night, guess my anxiety over it and my desire for it not to happen again triggered exactly the opposite reaction in my brain.:confused:

It is becoming rather annoying as I'm involved in that particular activity which resulted in the accident almost daily and this scenario running in 'the back of my mind' is taking it's toll.

The nasty part is, in my dream the accident ends tragically, all the details, the surroundings, the characters, everything is so very real ... :uhoh:

As a result, I tend to tense up, make stupid mistakes, lose my concentration and almost expect it to happen, all of which, I'm afraid might lead to just that...

I mean it wasn't that big of a deal, there have been far worst incidents and never have I had such 'residual' symptoms?!? Why this time? And how can I make it stop?

Must brush up on The Dream Theory by Herr Freud I suppose
I hope, TnTis wrong about this... :sad:

Taildragger55
20th Sep 2005, 09:21
Might have mentioned this before, but when I was about twelve I dreamed I fell with a thump into the middle of a field on a sunny day, and got up and looked around in confusion before I woke up.
Seven years later, when I landed from my firs parachute jump, I remember standing up and saying to myself, well, that was it. Middle of a field, thump, sunlight, all the same.
Deja skydive?

Floppy Link
20th Sep 2005, 09:27
Had a dream about getting on board an airliner and being asked whether I wanted to sit on the balcony. Declined as I thought it would be too windy.

A few days later an Aloha (?) 737 lost a huge section of fuselage and became an instant convertible. IIRC one cabin attendant was lost but aircraft landed OK.

Gingerbread Man
20th Sep 2005, 10:21
I have a similar dream to Drapes, where I dream that I have looked at the clock and discovered it is not time to get up yet. As for anything spooky, i'm afraid not. My dreams are normally so arcane that they couldn't possibly end up being real. It must be all that cheese I eat.

Ginger :zzz:

Nickoli
20th Sep 2005, 12:36
I have two that have bugged me since the age of about 5/6. One is true as it happened where an RAF Canberra (from RAF Wyton)crashed next door to the house that I lived in with my parents. Very scary and the most horrible noise that I have ever heard, that one haunts me once or twice a year. The second is where I am running across a desert made out of corregated perspex with big 100ft wheels chasing me, then in the distance I see a fireplace with a chimney. So i climb up it as it is the only place to go. As I am going up I meet people that are going down to the bottom and won't listen to me to start back up again. have this one again about once or twice a year.:eek: :confused: