PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick-Vilnius on BA - World Traveller?

Blueskyrich
19th Sep 2005, 12:51
Hey there,

Guess this is one for Bealine!

Have just booked up to go out to Vilnius over the New Year and notice on the e-ticket confirmation that the class is shown as 'World Traveller'.

I doesn't make any real difference to me as the flight is only a 3hr hop, but is it right that the economy section has the 'World Traveller' service as opposed to 'Euro Traveller'? As far as I'm aware, it's only a 737 that services this route?

Just nosey really!

Bluesky

Wannabe Flyboy
19th Sep 2005, 15:14
It must be a typo. I can't imagine a 777 serving that route (because they don't).

bealine
19th Sep 2005, 19:33
Definitely 737 equipment and definitely Euro Traveller!

Must be either a typo or some "shinybum" office-wallah who doesn't know where VNO is so presumed long-haul!

(Probably the same member of the BA intelligensia who produced the ever-so-thick Cabin Crew Procedures Manual and then proceeded to mis-spell the simple word TAXI throughout the tome!!!

For TAXI read "TAXY", FOR TAXIING read "TAXYING" for TAXIED read "TAXYED" - I kid you not!!!)

Globaliser
20th Sep 2005, 12:02
If Blueskyrich booked with a TA, maybe the TA is set up to be "friendly" and print out a brand name rather than just the cabin, but the system hasn't been set up to recognise the difference between Euro Traveller and World Traveller.

Blueskyrich
20th Sep 2005, 13:13
Thanks for the confirmation - just as I thought!

Booked it direct with BA online - decent fare - far better than any of the European carriers, plus it's a direct flight of course.

It does raise a point though. To me, it's not an issue and I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for. But I could imagine there are those who would see it (probably after paying the lowest possible economy fare), and go to town claiming their free bar service etc. and cause merry hell. All because someone behind a desk somewhere was being lax!

Thanks again,
Bluesky

Final 3 Greens
20th Sep 2005, 17:32
Bealine

Sorry mate, but taxying is just as correct as taxiing.

Although your management sometimes commit faux pas, in this instance the writer did not scr*w up.

Globaliser
21st Sep 2005, 10:20
Blueskyrich: It does raise a point though. To me, it's not an issue and I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for. But I could imagine there are those who would see it (probably after paying the lowest possible economy fare), and go to town claiming their free bar service etc. and cause merry hell. All because someone behind a desk somewhere was being lax!Don't worry: You get free bar service on Euro Traveller too. It's one of the joys of flying with a real airline, long may it last.

The only fly in that ointment is the current disruption from the Gate Gourmet dispute, but hopefully that will be over by the time you fly.

HZ123
21st Sep 2005, 11:38
BA LGW flits were not effected by the Gate catering farce LGW is catered by Alpha who are more secure as our caterers than they ever were.

WHBM
22nd Sep 2005, 09:55
I've noticed this "World Traveller" designation on a couple of European BA flight confirmations recently. Just a mismatch somewhere between fare codes and what the printout translates it to.

Wannabe Flyboy
23rd Sep 2005, 15:07
Just looking as this week's 'exclusive' 'offers' on ba.com and VNO is indeed shown as WT rather than ET.

Jordan D
23rd Sep 2005, 18:34
Why is Marrakech (Morroco) treated as Eurotraveller, but Cairo (Egypt) Worldtraveller?

Jordan

Boss Raptor
23rd Sep 2005, 18:45
Co-incidentally I have just booked LGW to Barcelona and return on Amadeus BA 2486/2487 and on Galileo Viewtrip which is used by my agent the confirmation has come back as Class of Service 'M - World Traveller'

Wannabe Flyboy
23rd Sep 2005, 19:36
Jordan D - Marrakech is operated by GB Airways (a franchise) who use A320/1 aircraft in a short-haul configuration, whereas Cairo is served by mainline BA with a long-haul aircraft.

Jordan D
24th Sep 2005, 09:46
I suppose that explain it! Thanks Wannabe.

Jordan

FormerFlyer
25th Sep 2005, 07:52
Cairo is further away than Marrakech?

cheers ;)
FF