PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe Recruiting?

eghi r20
13th May 2005, 08:05
Hi guys ‘n’ galls,

Is there anyone out there who has inside info as to how flybe recruit and what they are looking for?

I am a 32yr old modular guy with 850hrs from SEP instructing. I am one of the job seekers who trained before Sep 11th so its been a bumpy old road thus far.
Guys who I have trained with have got into flybe via opps jobs n such and have now since moved on.
After emailing/letters to the company almost weekly for the last three years plus the odd email to other internal contacts along with even sending a box of chocolates at xmas etc, I fear all I have is a wardrobe of PFO letters.

Has the door closed on over 30 modular’s in favour of the integrated youngsters?

Any help gratefully received

EGHI

Megaton
13th May 2005, 08:20
Know for a fact that modular chap in late thirties was interviewed this week. He was, I believe, a part-time instructor with similar hours. Don't know how they prioritise their interviewees though - sorry but at least the door's not closed.

Jinkster
13th May 2005, 20:37
They have finished recruiting for this season - holding pool full. So i hear as of earlier this week :{

TwoDeadDogs
14th May 2005, 10:46
Hi Jinkster et al
I got the same "hold pool full" letter.Ho hum.Ah,well,move on etc,etc....
regards
TDD

er82
14th May 2005, 13:19
Jinkster and TDD.....

Don't give up. The hod pool may well be full at this very moment in time, but as everyone in FlyBE knows things can change very quickly..... It was only last Nov that our Ops Director was telling us we were overcrewed and offering part-time work.... two months later they'd had about 60 resignations, with a further 30 at the beginning of the year....
The hold pool will no dubt be full at the moment because they can't get enough training courses and sim slots - therefore leaving a slight backlog...... Give it a month or two and they'll no doubt recruit again...

keep emailing, sending CV's etc. Have you also ever phoned?? helps to get to know people..... I used to phone DD every week to ask if they were recruiting. at one point he remembered who I was - not sure he would now!1

good luck.

Jinkster
14th May 2005, 17:28
er82,

Many thanks for you reply, life seems grim at the moment but many thanks for cheering me up!

I owe you a beer!

:)

Penworth
14th May 2005, 19:14
I also got the "holding pool full letter" from flybe last week....and then got called for interview the next day. Goes to show, don't believe everything HR tell you ;)

eghi r20 - About half the people at my interview session were over 30, some significantly so, so its definitely not the case that they favour integrated youngsters.

cheers

PW

er82
14th May 2005, 19:43
Beer gratefully accepted.... although a malibu and coke would be sooooooooo much nicer!

Tc Matic
14th May 2005, 20:33
Surely it's got to be a coke light?

eghi r20
15th May 2005, 18:05
Yep i got a hold pool full letter too.
Ive got BT checking my phone line, as i hasnt rung yet !! (dreamin)
Thanks for the info people all, good stuff i am sure.

i guess we should all keep pluggin away and see what happens.

er82 ......I thought you drank Pimms

Jinkster
15th May 2005, 18:17
er82,

whatever you drink and if your in the yorkshire/manchester area/ north of the country region give me a shout!!

:cool:

er82
16th May 2005, 08:59
Please!!! I would never limit myself to one drink......

Malibu & Coke, Pimms, Champagne, Vodka RB, Sex on the Beach - you name it, I drink it. apart from whisky - yeuch!!!

Jinkster - would take you up on the offer but am way down south I'm afraid...

Maude Charlee
16th May 2005, 10:39
And Bermudez 151 rum. I've seen her refuse that too! Wise move.

As for the holding pool being full, well it might have been last time they checked (which isn't often). I know of at least one airline that went to recruit from it's holding pool only to find that everyone in it had b#ggered off to other airlines. Flybe have had this problem too to a lesser extent, so don't believe everything you hear. I doubt they know themselves how many people from the pool are actually still swimming, or whether they have decided to get out and go do something else.

;)

80ktsboth
16th May 2005, 11:10
Jinkster,

er82 doesn't go north of the solent....literally!.....The booze is cheaper in the islands...that's how she funds her habit!

eghi r20
16th May 2005, 12:10
Maybe us wannabies should set up a system to activate bar tabs in any european pubs for the use of professionals who assist us in gettin that 1st job. (its not a bribe, just a tax free perk, honest)

Thanks again people for the info, this 32 yr old modular guy can now at least sleep at night without the worry that ive missed the boat !.

er82
18th May 2005, 17:22
Maude Charlee

Are you sure you have the correct person??? It's not very often that I'll refuse alcohol......

80kts - true, although I did get to go to BHD the other day.... didn't drink though as they had me on an early standby....
And as for funding my habit - I'll let you fund my next outing with you if you want!!

eghi - a bar tab sounds perfect. I'll let you know what hotel I enxt stay at so you can call ahead and sort it for me....

Oh, am I giving out the impression of being an alcoholic?!?!:\

eghi r20
18th May 2005, 18:41
er82 I have a system all but in place... its called 'Visa'
she is a lovely reliable companion who helped my through my IR & FI course.

i guess lots of people must know who u are by now..
Channel Is, the Car, tibble's...& d8.

what a life ehh....(yeah i know, take a ticket & que, maybe just maybe)

i hope i did my homework ..........

er82
18th May 2005, 20:36
Yeah, I think most do know who I am........ as soon as someone gets 'outed' on here it doesn't take long for word to spread.... especially when such talk is about one's assets!

The car...... oh the car.......... it's going to be sold *sob*... can't afford the insurance in your land..... over double what I pay here in my little tax-free haven! Any offers? She's a beauty!

BongleBear
19th Sep 2005, 11:02
Hi all.

Does anyone know when FlyBe will be recruiting low hour SO or FO's? It says on PPJN.com that they will be this winter, just wondering if anyone knows any more?

Thanks,
BBear

davecr
19th Sep 2005, 11:08
Well there is a sponsorship programme starting up in october, but I don't know if they will be hiring "external" so's/lowtimers.

FliegerTiger
19th Sep 2005, 11:17
From a PFO letter I got from them recently, they stated that they would be starting recruitment again in Autumn ("Fall" for the septics)....fingers crossed that does include us "outsiders"!

FT

Maude Charlee
19th Sep 2005, 11:48
Always worth bashing away. Hold pool is filling nicely, but it will need to , as there is an expectation that large numbers of pilots will leave in a short period of time through the winter. If this year was anything to go by, large numbers of newbies were interviewed in January (about 100 or so) and more interviews have taken place since. I would expect this winter to produce something similar.

Freebird17
20th Sep 2005, 19:31
Seems that Ian Cheese, formerly of BACX, has moved to flybe. Is Don Darby still there and who are we sending CVs to now?

Megaton
20th Sep 2005, 19:34
Don't think Ian Cheese would be particularly impressed if you thought he worked in HR :)

Freebird17
20th Sep 2005, 19:38
"Fully operational Captain with additional management responsibilities within HR" was too long-winded!

Megaton
20th Sep 2005, 19:40
How about "Fleet Manager" then?

Freebird17
20th Sep 2005, 19:45
So who should I be sending my updated CV to - DD or IC?

Megaton
20th Sep 2005, 19:49
To be honest, I think it's a bit of a lottery. Don Darby is head of HR and, by rights, I suppose CVs would probably go through him. I don't even know if they're recruiting FOs at the moment. I believe their hold pool still has people in it? I bow to the superior judgement and knowledge of other ppruners.

Flying Farmer
20th Sep 2005, 22:00
Is the figure of 35 more on the move correct?

Any chance that some of us who might stay a while will be looked at?

PSF2J
20th Sep 2005, 22:32
Don Darby is still the person to send CVs to.

Selection of those called for interview still seems remarkably random. I know of people that have been put in a holding pool for 6 months, and those which have gone on to the DHC8 training course without a sim check even!

Rostering will tell you they wait until they literally have no more pilots, and then recruit a bunch.

They do tend to recruit fresh, when bunches of pilots move on. Most tend to only stay a couple of years even though they are bonded, because they get offered jet jobs.

Not too bad to work for and good for quick career progression, but getting in is very random!

Megaton
21st Sep 2005, 04:44
FF,

Truth is that everyone will plead that they will stay with FlyBE forever, or any other company for that matter, in the interview if that what it takes. I don't think your angle is any different from any one else's.

BongleBear
21st Sep 2005, 10:21
Cheers for the info. Anyone know who to get my CV to? Name and address would be much appreciated!

Thanks again,
BBear

rational rotation
4th Nov 2005, 14:19
Anyone else been given a start date with Flybe. I'm starting 1st Feb 2006, anyone else joining me?

Megaton
4th Nov 2005, 14:23
No. Everyone else is leaving! :E :E

doublehole
5th Nov 2005, 11:24
Good to hear. Check your PM

AFCAS TARGET
5th Nov 2005, 12:45
I am generally just a lurker and hardly ever post but.....

when I read Ham's response I nearly pissed meself. Thanks a million that'll keep me going all week.

Don't have a clue about the co. by the way, just thought it was a great one liner.....

heebeegb
5th Nov 2005, 14:47
Ham....naughty, but v nice!

skywaytoheaven
5th Nov 2005, 17:06
Yeah hilarious, laughing all the way to.....another airline.:cool: