PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a new religion?

Jerricho
19th Sep 2005, 07:15
There sure are some interesting faiths out there.

http://qos.enrious.org/index.php?name=Content&cid=1

CAT1
19th Sep 2005, 11:14
Certainy some good ones....This (http://www.nccg.org/gathering/Gathering04.html) is one of the best...Biblical proof that we are controlled by brain implants and satanic bar codes on our shopping. Think I might start my own religion......We're all just hallucinating amoeba. Evolution never got beyond single cell. Any potential converts out there? Just send a telepathic message to The First Church of the Primordial Broth and I'll get back to you.......

airship
19th Sep 2005, 11:47
Did you get my message yet CAT1? :(

You do know that they frown on threads discussing religion... :uhoh:

Avtrician
19th Sep 2005, 12:01
I got it Airship, I'll take two please. Make sure they are fresh.

Jerricho
19th Sep 2005, 12:17
Now now airship. Our keepers prefer if we don't....especially when they degrade into "my faith is better than yours cause yours sucks bad!!".

I was merely offering up some interesting alternatives should folks out there not be totally happy with their deity or belief system of choice. All in the vein of maturity and restraint...........especially restraints, which some of them nutters need. :eek:

RiskyRossco
19th Sep 2005, 12:24
Definitely proves that whenever human nature wants to it can sure distort truth in mind-bending ways. The real issue here has to be what is faith and what is 'religion'? Close second is, where's the faith directed - to that which humans can do or that which God has done?
What's the saddest outcome, however, is how much damage this category of 'commentary' does in minds who want to know the truth. Faith is relationship, the polar opposite of religion.
Tup'n'th.

airship
19th Sep 2005, 12:31
The problem with a lot of religions is that they promise a whole lot of good things that'll happen to you, but only after you die.

That's not quite how most people (even religious ones) go about making investments... :}

Davaar
19th Sep 2005, 12:46
True. And we are at liberty to (a) avoid bad investments and bad religions, and (b) make good investments and follow good religions that make for a better life here.

Avtrician
19th Sep 2005, 12:50
JetBlast can be the religion (I'm here religously) in the Church of Pprune.

Guess that make danny the Pope/Prophet!!!

All hale Danny:E :E :E :E :ok:

RiskyRossco
19th Sep 2005, 12:56
What is "death" then? Is it oblivion or separation?
If the former then "investment" is purely materialistic in this mortal, and temporary, life.
If the latter then "investment" is in where we go after the change of state.
Religion, by inference, is an "investment" in where we go. The existence of God is paramount in all religions. Wouldn't it seem relevant that our relative faith is a "hedge", therefore, against God's ultimate judgement? Whatever form God takes for them?
Odd that one group would choose "agnostic" as their stance. It's the Greek root for the same word in the Latin for "ignoramus". Willfully ignorant. Hmmm. . .

2R
19th Sep 2005, 13:35
Send money and i will pray for you :} :}
'Oh look he took of his sandal it must be sign'

airship
19th Sep 2005, 13:53
Wouldn't it seem relevant that our relative faith is a "hedge"... This interpretation of hedge from the Economist 10th September may be apt: New York's real-estate queen...

She tells of one hedge-fund manager, 33 years old (hmmm...rings a bell?!), who bought a $24m apartment in an hour, explaining that he had "just bought a $19m painting at Christie's, and he was not going to put it up on a $2m wall".

What do they get, 2 - 4% of the fund value plus 1/2 the profits as their management fee?! Puts the collection basket during the service on a Sunday in a different perspective what?! :O

pigboat
20th Sep 2005, 00:13
Guess that make danny the Pope/Prophet!!!

I do hope that doesn't mean I have to kiss his ring. :E

planepsycho
20th Sep 2005, 00:20
I didn't even see a listing for the local (to where I live) snake handling religion....they do cool things like drinking liquid arsenic, speak in tongues, lay on the floor jerking like dazed cockroaches, wander around holding poisionous reptiles in the air while dancing with and talking to them....perhaps in their tongue for all I know.:confused:

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Sep 2005, 07:58
Wibble.........:suspect:

Jerricho
20th Sep 2005, 08:03
Or Weeble for that matter ;)

"Lo Bob!"

Farrell
20th Sep 2005, 13:17
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/quartermilefinal/piecopie.jpg

Jerricho
20th Sep 2005, 16:17
You have WAY too much time on yer hands there Weeble.

ORAC
20th Sep 2005, 17:09
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (http://www.venganza.org/) You too can be a Pastafarian!

WHY YOU SHOULD CONVERT TO FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERISM

Flimsy moral standards.

Every friday is a relgious holiday. If your work/school objects to that, demand your religious beliefs are respected and threaten to call the ACLU.

Our heaven is WAY better. We've got a Stripper Factory AND a Beer Volcano.

http://www.venganza.org/images/noodledoodlewall.jpg

El Grifo
20th Sep 2005, 17:51
I love the old adage "Hey, just because you believe in that, don't mean it is true"

I sprinkle that one liberally throughout my travels.

:ok: :suspect: :suspect: :ok:

Shiny Side Up
20th Sep 2005, 21:33
Feed these crazies to the lions. I'd pay good money to see that on pay per view. They are going to heaven anyway so why would they mind?

Shiny