PDA

View Full Version : question?

jellyroll
18th Sep 2005, 20:07
Dear all,

I'm 35 years and my dream have allways been to become an airline pilot but never realized it cause of many reasons.
Now it feels that I will regret rest of my life if I don't do anything abouht it. My question is will I have any chance to get a jobb when I finnish as a female pilot in my age???

ROSCO328
19th Sep 2005, 10:07
jellyroll

Rule 1, Chase the dream and dont give up!!

Depends what kind of airline you wish to join and what the market requires when you gain your licence. Just remember its alot of money to fork out and there are no garentees at the end!

Good Luck:ok:

jellyroll
19th Sep 2005, 13:28
Hi RosCO328!

Many thanks for your respons.
I’m studying aeronautical engineering at the moment and will be done spring 06. Planning to applay for flight academy then. Your right I should chase my dream. Pitty it cost so much and no guarantees at the end and the fact that I'm not 25 any longer reduce my chances I guess.

BAP
19th Sep 2005, 14:11
Hi Jellyroll.

I agree with ROSCO328, it is very important to chase your dream, as long as it is realistic, which I believe yours is.
As long as you know that, if there is a surplus of pilots, then you will properly have a quit difficult time getting a job. And maybe you will only be able to fly smaller planes since many airlines stop hiring inexperienced pilots after they have turned 30.

But, as we all hope, there will be a lack of qualified pilots within the next few years, and then you will have every chance for a job in an airline.

However, if you are planning to start, then do it the integrated way, because it will accelerate your educations, and in your case the time is running out.

I am in the beginning of the twenties, so maybe I am not the right guy to ask, but I believe there is a good chance of success, but it will not be a walk in the park!

But of course, that’s only my opinion.

Good luck!
/BAP