PDA

View Full Version : BAC 1-11 to return to Nigerian skies

Capt. Manuvar
18th Sep 2005, 17:47
The Nigerian Senate commitee on Aviation has been making a lot of noise over the past week concerning the ban on BAC 1-11 aircraft. They claim that ban was politically motivated (quite probable), a kneejerk reaction by the authorities(yup) and that a considerable amount of money has been invested into the acquisition of these aircraft (I guess a few airline operates have been doing a lot of lobbying and it has paid off).
So I guess there is a chance of seeing these classics flying the Nigerian skies soon and we'll probably see some airlines resurect/rebound from the dead.
Any comments?

AlternativeProcedure
18th Sep 2005, 18:08
check ur PM's captain

Rani
18th Sep 2005, 18:09
Although I disagreed with the banning of 1-11s and especially the ill-informed reasons presented by Madame Chikwe, I think the latest proposal to re-introduce them is quite annoying:

1- Yet again shows instability of policies, a turn-off for foreign investors.
2- The cabins of these 1-11s in question are uncomfortable and decrepit. (Nigerian airlines are particularly cheap on re-fits, they won't even bother with removing previous operators logos)... BAC 1-11 operators would find it difficult if not impossible to compete with the likes of Virgin Nigeria and Aero, and soon Bellview with their 737-700s.
3- Increasing cost of spares since 1-11s operators are fast fading in Europe.

soups
18th Sep 2005, 18:13
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/soubhi/carshedplane.jpg

What are those doing next to the runway?

BALEWA
18th Sep 2005, 19:21
:sad: :sad: :{ :{

Revnetwork
18th Sep 2005, 23:47
Soups,

They are being broken up. Up till a short while ago, they were on the domestic apron taking up precious space.

Engine Noise
19th Sep 2005, 12:04
i know a senator that owns some bac 1-11, maybe thats why the senate is intrested in bac1-11. One has been parked at maiduguri airport since the ban.