PDA

View Full Version : A320 job?

A320rider
18th Sep 2005, 17:12
what are my chance to find a job on the A320, I have a A320 tyope rating, but 0 hours on type.

FAA and JAA license.

any idea ?

A320rider
21st Sep 2005, 12:04
hi,

sounds like people are not answering.

they are busy to fly their a320 and dont have time to waste time on this forum,

or they dont want to answer , they are to worry i take their well paid job.

:p

Robert Palmer
21st Sep 2005, 13:40
I have a different suggestion as to why nobody is answering.

Maybe "people" think that a bright fella like yourself, who has enough wits about him to buy a typerating, surely must have a job lined up?!?

Or maybe "people" assume that "people" knows how to use the search-function?!?

Try Air Asia

Disclaimer:
The author uses the term "him" generically, the author is not biased about genderbased selection in aviation.

Gufo
21st Sep 2005, 13:44
they are to worry i take their well paid job

Don't take that badly, but I don't think so, mate.

Anyway, I'm kind of looking for an experience in the Far East, should I find some convenient offer. So I can't give you first hand news: but I'm having a thorough look at the airlines vacancies and requirements on their websites, and it sounds like the entry level for expats is a bit higher.
They're likely to leave the "slots" for low-houred guys for their locals.

It's just my 2 pennies, I might be wrong..

Cheers :ok:

Mr Blue Eyes
21st Sep 2005, 20:17
no you right, and loads in training now for the future of aa.

TR & pay...need job guarantee or too much money burning hole.

Def not latter in my case!

I got a letter back today from an airline that said that they don't recruit pilots with a TR and no hours, basically because they think that you must be stupid or too rich to get a TR without a job guarantee!

Gufo
21st Sep 2005, 20:43
they think that you must be stupid or too rich to get a TR without a job guarantee

LOL :}

The world is weird, people... :(

A320rider
24th Sep 2005, 12:56
got some answers, here I resume:

1)no type rated pilots
2)only type rated pilots
3)no job vacancies

please, to all companies, go with #3...and keep your bla bla for you.

Kaptin M
24th Sep 2005, 13:17
The minimum requirements are usually set by the Licencing Authority, and then given to the airlines.

If a basic type rating was all that was required to get a job in these countries, don't you think EVERY pilot with a Commercial Licence who lived there would buy one?
Please guys, use your common sense.

The priority in all of these countries, is FULL employment of the local population, BEFORE employing foreigners as a stop gap measure.
In other words, although you might get a job as a Second or First Officer, there is a very high probability that you will NEVER, EVER see a Command, as the local guys (with far less experience) overtake you.

vuel20
21st Oct 2005, 21:39
Do you want to find a job without experience on type? :confused:

I think you should consider you are going to find a lots of problems . People are paying the type rating and after buying 100 hrs on type at least... :hmm:

And that company selling 100 hrs on a320 have a queue of 1 year.

Good luck!!!! :suspect:

Mr Wonka
25th Oct 2005, 00:56
Hello there all,

Perhaps an obvious question, But A320 Rider, can you answer me this?

How did you manage to get the a320 on both licences ? did you do 2 seperate courses? 1 in the USA and 1 in Europe ? and where did you complete the courses ?

Thanks

Mr W

Felix Saddler
25th Jun 2006, 02:01
Mr Wonka can i visit your factory?

ASIAN FROG
25th Jun 2006, 02:26
Last year a lot of A 320 have been ordered in the Region. However it is for deliveries up to 2010. So, as the first A320s are just coming in, there is not yet an obvious shortage, however we can foresee it starting in 2007...
As Kaptin M says, everything depends on the policy set by the Licensing authority... And all the Authorities protect their Job Market, they open only when the shortage is there and obvious. More, the 500 hours is often a clausus set by Insurance, if not fulfilled, the insurance cost increases!!!

Dream Land
26th Jun 2006, 02:33
I know a pilot that was offered a job with Bangkok Air with 0 time on type (L/H seat :eek: ).

Sunny_Always
26th Jun 2006, 09:55
i won't want to fly with them knowing that both pilots have 0hrs on type. im assuming the FO has 0hrs as well otherwise he'll be the capt.

RVR1600
7th Jul 2006, 09:55
You should try Air Asia or FAE.They can give you a job or pay money for the time building 500Hrs or 1000Hrs,but if you want to work there longer make sure you go and get a Malaysian license before you join.:ok:

Dixi Normus
8th Jul 2006, 01:56
The people who are willing to buy a type rating and work for free to build hours are the same people who complain about low wages for pilots once they get into an airline. Remember you have to sleep in the bed that you made. :ugh:

Felix Saddler
8th Jul 2006, 11:02
A320, what a plane

UL501
9th Jul 2006, 02:03
Try Deccan Sri Lanka, They are looking for First officers , since you have the Type rsating they will accomodate you.

This is there number 0714884046 ask for Capt. Broncombe Pinchot

ltjng
14th Jul 2006, 10:41
Contact me on [email protected]
I have a better answer for you.....and possibly I have an opportunity for you!!!

on_the_right
14th Jul 2006, 13:16
a but off topic, but in SQ you can get command on an aircraft with 0 hours on that type!
you could have been a A345 SFO and then be given your command on the B777 ..
so not all that uncommon !
cheers,

OTR