PDA

View Full Version : Free 'airshow' over Ware 18/09/05

R1200GS
18th Sep 2005, 15:16
Although I'm not much good at id'ing aircraft, Ware is a great place to spot passing planes, plus stuff going into Stansted if the wind's in the right direction.

Today while out on the local par 3, I saw a Dragon Rapide, Spitfire, Hurricane, Pitts Special, Tiger Moth, flexwing microlight, and assorted spam cans. I even saw what I thought was a Eurofighter/Typhoon! Not too sure, as I've never seen one before, but it was military delta-wing, low level, first went east and then 20 mins later came back going west, about 2.00pm. Can anyone confirm my 'sighting' or where it was going? Cheers,

Dave

Fried_Chicken
18th Sep 2005, 20:45
There have been a few Spitfires (operating out of Northolt) this weekend in connection with various Battle of Britian events. A couple of these events have included a fly-past of a Eurofighter Typhoon

FC

davedek
18th Sep 2005, 21:42
Your local par 3, was that the Westmill course above the 3 lakes?

R1200GS
18th Sep 2005, 21:49
Thanks for the replies. Just been looking at the news coverage and put 2 + 2 together! Spitfire/Hurricane/Typhoon - doh!

Yes, that's the par 3. Hope you didn't see my tee shot at the third! First time I've been there, not a bad little course for a knockabout. Tough pin positions though!

Dave

flying_tyger
19th Sep 2005, 10:33
spotted a eurofight at low level followed up by a chinook in leyland last week. made my day!