View Full Version : out of money

birdaman
18th Sep 2005, 12:20
I am currently training for my cpl(h) and have 100 hrs with 7of those on r44. Also i am half way through my atpl(h) groundschool. The problem is I am out of cash and can not seem to obtain a loan to finish my course. Does anybody know of any companies who do part sponsorship or might be able to help me? Please!

N Arslow
18th Sep 2005, 15:58
I have to agree with Kiss - sponsorship is just not on. Military if you are young enough, or find a very old, very wealthy Blue Rinse...

helicopter-redeye
18th Sep 2005, 16:01
OAT & Cabair appear to be linked into loans schemes with HSBC.

A strategic change of school may be required .... (collateral or assets required to secure)

h-r:)

jemax
18th Sep 2005, 18:01
No help to Bird I'm afraid, but maybe of help to others.

I have been through PPL, hour building, ground school and CPL in last 13 months, before embarking on the whole process I put a detailed budget together, ran it past a couple of mates who had done similar and also paid an accountant £200 to look it over.

After that and calculating loss of income and adding a contingency of 10%, I pretty much knew I would be able to finish what I started, sorry bird, and I am still pretty much unemployable until I have my instructors rating.

I suggest anyone else considering this works out an accurate budget, boring but essential, pretty scary too when you realise exactly how much it is going to cost you including all the extras you don't plan.

Whirlygig
18th Sep 2005, 22:33
The HSBC loans have now been abolished (Career Development) I understand unless you do full integrated with Oxford where they have negotiated a special deal with the Oxford branch of HSBC only.

Again, I'm afraid that's no help but if anyone else is thinking they could get one of these loans; the chances are they can't now.

Cheers

Whirlygig

thecontroller
19th Sep 2005, 16:18
The golden rule of helicopter training is...

It always takes more time and more money than you think.

Even when you are qualified there's ALWAYS more expense. ATPLs, R44 rating, LPC cost, 206 rating, etc etc

it never ends.....

HELOFAN
19th Sep 2005, 18:05
mm the blue rinse seems like a do-able concept.

Lets face it , a cup of tea and a few kind words , holding hands bed by 6pm ( for her ) and a license/emdorsements and maybe a helicopter for me too.

Other than the local bingo hall, where could one find such a catch?

:yuk:

then again it worked for Anna Nicole ..............................

rotorque
20th Sep 2005, 01:33
Did you ask her to kiss your squirrel? Probably the reason it didn't work out....... :ok:

LUXSTAR
29th Sep 2005, 06:39
birdman...you are really struck in alcatraz, but there is way out few people sucessfully escaped....well when you pass the exam atpl it eq...nvq4...so you become eligiable for carrer devolepment loan...only three banks does this goverment sponserd scheme....you pay after getting a job...max 8k....but they do look at your cuurent running of account,have you had any job..other than flying,assests....or some one can gurentee who has a good [gruntor]acoount,...rbs,barclays,hsbc....take your time you have done your 100....go to newzeland finish your rest.get the cpl there...atleast you will have your icao licence for life....and take it easy...keep current you can fly until 65 in helicopter,and by the way join some private members clus in london,.....got to be a playboy sometime....i dont need to tell you what to do after......just play steady and stay in the crease...

helicopter-redeye
29th Sep 2005, 15:28
atleast you will have your icao licence for life

I have a passing recollection of 5 years being the duration of an ICAO license, at which point it has to be renewed