PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Rumour Network?

lynehamwife
18th Sep 2005, 10:13
Take a peep over at

e-goat.coconia.net

:ok:

plans123
18th Sep 2005, 11:27
I would do, but there's nothing there!!!

lynehamwife
18th Sep 2005, 12:18
Sorry,

Try again now!

Monty77
18th Sep 2005, 14:17
Well I hope it 'takes off' (arf, arf,) as a light blue version of the Army's ARRSE site.

bowly
18th Sep 2005, 15:14
And what's wrong with Pprune?

diginagain
18th Sep 2005, 15:25
Perhaps it appears a little 'elitist' to the people who do the donkey-work?:E

sumps
18th Sep 2005, 22:11
diginagain...You may be right there...too many pigs not enough swill :p :D

S

16 blades
19th Sep 2005, 00:06
And what's wrong with Pprune?

It's full of lefty pinko civvies!

16B

bowly
19th Sep 2005, 09:05
16 B,

Agreed, but it's great fun baiting them isn't it?;)

As long as this one doesn't go the same way, then I'm all for it but I get the feeling it will, in the same way that the MIL AIRCREW forum here has.......:*

Talking Radalt
19th Sep 2005, 10:53
Speaking of baiting, I notice someone (The Pugman) has announced they've placed a link to e-Goat on the now-infamous RAFMOVS.COM......

:E

Biggles Flies Undone
19th Sep 2005, 14:00
It's full of lefty pinko civvies!
Could we have an area for righty blue civvies with a sense of humour as well please?

An Teallach
19th Sep 2005, 16:02
http://e-goat.coconia.net/phpBB2/index.php

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/index.php on this server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.33 Server at e-goat.coconia.net Port 80

Well, that didn't last long! Should we be worried for whoever started it up? :uhoh:

Conspiracy theories below :suspect: ...

diginagain
19th Sep 2005, 18:05
Wasn't me. :O
Pity though, the site showed some promise, in a 'ATC v RAFP v RAF Regt v Movers' sort of way. Let's hope it is resurrected soon.

I particularly wanted to follow the RAFP Handler v RAFP Hound section. Brilliant stuff.:E

Mobile Muppet
19th Sep 2005, 18:15
A real shame its offline.
I reckon all the ARRSE infiltraitors (and there were a few !) might have something to do with its premature end. No doubt they will all be rejoicing on their site that they shut it down.

MM

diginagain
19th Sep 2005, 18:22
Unlikely, MM, since most Arrsers actually thought the site to be well-intentioned and unpretentious; just like Arrse in fact.

We wished them well, and I'm sure (genuinely) we all hope that they return soon.

Mobile Muppet
19th Sep 2005, 18:31
diginagain,

I hope so too, a bit of banter is good for morale (as long as its not too personal .. see the movs site !).

diginagain
19th Sep 2005, 18:39
There's no doubt in my mind that there is plenty of room for broad-based forums such as PPRuNe, Arrse, and the newcomer. Inter-service banter is great for morale and entertainment, but, as you say, the Night of the Long Knives was just a little OTT.
Although they clearly feel the need for their own forum, it was akin to waving a red rag to a bull for many on Arrse, who've a very poor opinion of TG18, justified or not.

Hurry back, e-Goat.

wg13_dummy
19th Sep 2005, 18:49
Got to agree with diginagain. The general consensus on arrse was positive towards the RAF rumour site.

We were even discussing exchange visits and crab- to-pongo games nights with E-Goat.

The few idiots who went across to just pointlessly gob off wouldn't possess the nowse to hack their thumbs off let alone a website.

I hope it gets back up and running again soon as I think it has a lot of potential.

The mil forum here is just that, one forum and doesn’t really have the structure or format for an entire RAF.

C’mon, give us a clue when you'll be back RAF Rumour site. I can’t bear to go back onto that grotty little movers site.

:D

The Helpful Stacker
19th Sep 2005, 18:53
Although they clearly feel the need for their own forum, it was akin to waving a red rag to a bull for many on Arrse, who've a very poor opinion of TG18, justified or not.

Oi, don't lump us all in together. Movers are just the discarded rejects of TG18 who can't count.

;)

diginagain
19th Sep 2005, 18:57
Point taken THS.

It was a sweeping generalisation, and I stand corrected.

Please accept my humble apologies, and my thanks for increasing my knowledge-base.

19th Sep 2005, 19:17
Why do TG18 inclusive of movers think they are so special anyway. There is more to the RAF than just them.
I see they didnt take long to join the RAF site and try and take over with their ramblings:8

ae2100d3
19th Sep 2005, 20:01
It will indeed be back by the end of the week, on fully hosted webspace and with a host that doesnt think that using the word arsse is a breach of terms and conditions.

Cheers

AE2001D3

Aka Wobbly :ok:

diginagain
19th Sep 2005, 20:04
Thanks for the heads-up, Wobbly, well done.

Remember, it's all banter.

19th Sep 2005, 20:32
WG13 said............................

"I can’t bear to go back onto that grotty little movers site."

Its ok you can look now they are having server difficulties!!!:rolleyes:

dionysius
20th Sep 2005, 07:30
Why do TG18 inclusive of movers think they are so special anyway. There is more to the RAF than just them.

Actually, someone had registered on the E-Goat site using multiple pseudonyms/avatars from the RAF Movs site, so most of the regulars could not register on the new site.

I am a bit mystified as to why this thread has yet again degenerated into a "I hate Movers" thread ........:confused:

I appreciate PPRUNE is predominately a rumour and goings-on network, but unfortunately the usual banter by such as ABIW etc has been replaced by meaningless drivel and "hate mail" by 3850 and wg13 dummy.

So come on guys why not wise up and return to rumours and banter.

wg13_dummy
20th Sep 2005, 07:53
'hate mail'? Where??

All I said was 'grotty little movers site'. Not really an envolope full of Anthrax is it?

I was unbiased regarding movers.........Im not now.

20th Sep 2005, 17:53
ooh get her. Drop a stitch did we dear. I only pass on what others say. I wouldnt call it grotty my self ...................But I have heard a roumer that it is closing.

Fact or fiction. This is due to the fact that the RAF website will be up again soon and that will be a better forum to represent the trade.

ae2100d3
21st Sep 2005, 21:33
Well, after a lot of money and a lot of tinkering the GOAT is back up with its new look and new hosting.

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/

Full domain with vbulletin forums. Please post any improvements suggestions you can

wobbleh#!!!!

wg13_dummy
21st Sep 2005, 21:39
Sorry, e-goat is unavailable at the moment while we are testing some functionality.

Are Westlands your new web hosts??

ae2100d3
22nd Sep 2005, 00:46
hehe, the site is fully functional now, you must have checked in within 5 minutes of that post

dionysius
22nd Sep 2005, 19:40
Excellent site with a lot of promise.

However, 3850 try not to ruin it, both you and your alterego 9070 are trying hard to ruin the movers site.

Get a life please.

Sorry about the rant.

22nd Sep 2005, 20:00
Whoa.................. Dont bring me into your petty arguments with 9070
I have a life and it doesn't include ruining the movers website thankyou very much.

Wobbly ha sput alot of effort into the RAF website and we should applaud him for the work so far.

Purr Harder
27th Sep 2005, 21:25
The new RAF Rumour Forums seems to have really taken off
( excuse pun)

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums

:p

Gainesy
28th Sep 2005, 08:34
Might help if you re-named it with erm... RAF in the title? Google hits etc?

Pontius Navigator
28th Sep 2005, 18:53
Unofficial? If you believe that you will believe anything.

ae2100d3
28th Sep 2005, 19:17
And what does that mean exactly? Does it mean that a long standing member of the RAF can't start a rumour site to chat amongst like minded fellow Airmen? Does it mean that long standing member of the RAF is doing it officially but pretending to be unofficial? If so please enlighten me on how it is official? Your comments would be interesting reading, may even a conspiracy theory is looming from your bottom drawer.

I can only laugh at that comment, people are so paranoid these days. Do you really think that the RAF head sheds would set up a site like that off their own back.......and call it the "e-goat" ?

I think not............heheheheh

BTW Gainsey, the sites title is already.........

"The e-goat - The Unofficial RAF Rumour Network"

Thanks for the constructive comment. :O

and yes, it IS unofficial.....and thats official :D

Pontius Navigator
29th Sep 2005, 12:45
ae2100d3

I thought it had to be official because it was so well bloody organised. OTOH maybe that is its credential for being unofficial and quite unlike www.raf4u etc