PDA

View Full Version : Hunter at Booker

Flying Lawyer
18th Sep 2005, 08:39
I saw Booker's gate guardian Hunter being loaded onto a lorry last weekend. Anyone know what's happening to it?

It had been looking rather weather-worn for some time and was obviously suffering from corosion. Just wondered if it's to be patched up and returned or someone's bought it. Maybe to restore to flying condition?

Genghis the Engineer
18th Sep 2005, 09:15
It was sold last month to a musician called Kai Choi, who has had it moved to Brooklands museum. It's now on display there until they can find funding for a restoration project which, if they can get it, will be carried out at Brooklands as well.

Incidentally, apparently the aircraft in question was a little bit of a fraud, it didn't serve with the RAF anyhow - it was sold originally to the Danish Air Force 1956, before being retired in 1974 and coming back to the first of a series of British museums, most recently I.O.W. until 1999 then Booker until this year.

G

Flying Lawyer
24th Sep 2005, 16:29
Thanks G

Fraud may be a little harsh but, as you say, it was a Danish aircraft painted as a 43 Squadron aircraft, XF314. It was at Tangmere before the IoW.
It's been up for sale for some time so, hopefully, the funds will be found to give it the TLC it seemed (even to my untrained eye) to badly need.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/FlyingLawyer/Hunterwyc.jpg