PDA

View Full Version : Flying Instructing in Spain

navoff
17th Sep 2005, 19:19
I am considering leaving the UK for a life in Spain. I would like to know if it is possible to instruct in Spain at PPL/CPL level. I will attend a full-time language course prior to applying for any jobs, so hopefully language will not be a problem. I will be living in the Valencia area. Any hope??

Liftdumper
19th Sep 2005, 13:08
navoff,

I did my integrated ATPL in Valencia, and I can tell you it will not be very easy to find a job. Most Spanish students stay with their school and start teaching. Both theory and practice.

But, you can always give it a try!

pablo
23rd Sep 2005, 08:12
Hi navoff,

as far as I know here in spain there is a "lack" of qualified instructors, mostly at ME/IR level. In the bare FI level you will find a lot of competition.

The problem is that basic instructing is very low paid and you can't count on the wage to pay the bills and eat (500Euro/month or 10E/hour depending on the place and company).

On the other side I think you may give a try anyway, as there are a few schools that have english courses, and they may not mind that you don't know Spanish, mostly if your english is fluent. Aeromadrid, Bae Systems, Adventia, Aerofan, American Flyers and Airmed have English courses (there may be some more, I don't know 'em all).

Good luck!!!!

Best regards,

Pablo

navoff
23rd Sep 2005, 18:49
Thanks for the responses (Gracias por las respuestas).

I will probably be able to teach ME/IR and speak fluent Spanish within the next year. I actually hope to attend a 6 month full-time language course in Valencia soon. The money admittedly is poor, but I would be more than happy just to have a job in Spain.

Navoff

Always Moving
27th Sep 2005, 10:03
I do not know in Spain, but if you guys are willing to roughing it, PM me.

transilvana
28th Sep 2005, 12:52
Try European Flight Training at Jerez, they are looking for Instructors ME/IR and 500 hours total flight training instructing to teach in english, the pay is good and the place to live is fantastic.

javier

sawotanao
28th Sep 2005, 21:19
Transilvana, check your pm's ;)