PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears babies name

lasernigel
16th Sep 2005, 10:47
Rumours abound that Britney has named her baby after a Lancashire town.Is it true she's called her boy PRESTON (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4250454.stm).
If so isn't it great??
Better than calling it Barnsley for instance.:yuk:

Biggles Flies Undone
16th Sep 2005, 10:50
Or Poulton-le-Fylde......

SASless
16th Sep 2005, 10:52
Has she named the father yet?

Jordan D
16th Sep 2005, 11:11
Has Britney ever visited Preston? If not - she maybe wants to think about that name ...

Jordan

FLCH
16th Sep 2005, 11:25
How about the name Diss ?? Sounds like her career...

TheFlyingSquirrel
16th Sep 2005, 11:31
Well - really there's only one contender ! It has to be PICKLE !!!

TFS:)

djk
16th Sep 2005, 14:29
poor child, she did almost name the baby "London"
Why doesn't anyone call child protection?
:mad: :mad: :* :} :confused:

lexxity
16th Sep 2005, 14:38
Well it's official spears Jr is called Preston!

Which is actually fairly normal, for california!

djk
16th Sep 2005, 14:39
I always thought Asquith would be a nice name ;)

It's a good job she didn't call the baby "Chuck"

Biggles Flies Undone
16th Sep 2005, 14:43
She could call it Brocco-Lee :ok:

Brocco-Lee Spears - geddit?

djk
16th Sep 2005, 14:45
:mad: :mad: .... and people groan / walk away when I tell jokes!!

That was positively awful, BFU ;)

tony draper
16th Sep 2005, 14:46
Is she sure its hers?.
:rolleyes:

Binoculars
16th Sep 2005, 14:54
I sailed to England from Australia in 1967, with my parents of course, because a five week trip on the Fairsky was cheaper than an airfare. We were sat at a table at the beginning of the trip and that's where we stayed. Our partners at dinner were Terry and Lyn. For five looo...nnn...gggg weeks.

Terry and Lyn had come to Australia as ten quid migrants, and after whingeing their way through everything Australia tried to provide for them, they decided to go back home two years later. We were fortunate enough to be their tablemates.

I was initially shocked at how badly these poor people had apparently been treated in the colonies; after all I was still fourteen and innocent in the real ways of the world.

It appeared they had not been treated with the respect they deserved; they may have been menial workers but they were English and didn't deserve abuse from colonial oiks. Terry should have been given preference over the colonials for process worker positions because he had experience in assembly lines in England. Besides that, Australia had no kulcha. The pubs shut at 6pm. As for this wog shit we had to put up with every night (on the Sitmar line) thank Christ for the once a week attempt at a genuine English roast, however pathetic it may have been.

You have no idea how long five weeks can be. Eventually my patient father exploded. Well, in fact at the table he simply voiced his previously held opinion that Terry was a whingeing Pom who gave his countrymen a bad name; it was only when we got back to our cabin that he unleashed a fury I had never seen from him. In hindsight I admire his restraint.

Terry was from Preston. I'll never forget that.

djk
16th Sep 2005, 14:56
I just found out that one of the managers in the office where I work named her eldest son "Brock Lee"

Onan the Clumsy
16th Sep 2005, 15:06
The pubs shut at 6pm. I find that hard to believe...unless of course if was from the previous evening and they reopened at 7pm.

:}

tony draper
16th Sep 2005, 15:40
Oh indeed yes, the pubs did shut at 6 pm in Oz in the sixties cept in NSW where they stayed open until 10 pm if memory serves.
Small wonder them Ozzies were all daft as brushes.
:rolleyes:

Binoculars
16th Sep 2005, 15:52
Nope. Took a referendum to revoke 6pm closing. talk about backward!

Then I went to England in 1992, and the pub I was staying in shut down and wouldn't serve me a drink after 2pm on Sunday. Que???? What was that about English civilisation?

Biggles Flies Undone
16th Sep 2005, 15:54
Don't worry, Binos - they don't close Sunday afternoons any more!

Solid Rust Twotter
16th Sep 2005, 17:48
Met an engineer in California by name of Preston. Henceforth, any piece of equipment that failed noisily and spectacularly after maintenance was said to have been "Prestonised".:E

Maxflyer
16th Sep 2005, 18:29
Apparently Jr is cacking himself! Heard a rumour that Mum was going to Hit me baby one more time!

Burnt Fishtrousers
16th Sep 2005, 23:40
Preston Spears....sounds like the last service station on the M6

.."Sorry luv Ive just got to stop of at Preston Spears for a Cappuccino and a crap"

acbus1
17th Sep 2005, 05:06
Chuck. :}

flugholm
17th Sep 2005, 05:25
And does he look like this?
http://www.moviefans.de/wallace-gromit/img/preston.jpg

acbus1
17th Sep 2005, 15:00
Could be worse.....she could've called it Wigan.

Wigan sPiers....geddit?

No?

Well [email protected] ya then. :(

WestWind1950
17th Sep 2005, 17:48
a German actress (or whatever... TV VIP perhaps) named her baby boy "San Diego"! that's right... and she calls him that ....imagine "come on San Diego, get out of that sand box!"
I think it's dumb, even if it's my hometown and where I am on vacation RIGHT NOW! Yeh!! :p

Westy

FLCH
17th Sep 2005, 17:58
How about naming your kid Brooklyn ??

colmac747
17th Sep 2005, 18:04
What did Frank Zappa call his kids again? Sure one was called Moonboots or something like. Class!:cool:

BombayDuck
17th Sep 2005, 18:22
its not like she named the kid "Shake"...

please tell me you got it!

flugholm
17th Sep 2005, 19:53
colmac747 ---

Okay, I'll risk hijacking the thread. wikidedia knows it all (well, almost.):

> Zappa was married twice, once to Kay Sherman (19591964; no children), and then to Gail (Sloatman) Zappa, with whom he remained until his death. They have four children: Moon Unit, Dweezil (born Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa, (the names of his band members) because the hospital refused to put Dweezil on the birth certificate; Dweezil later legally changed his name to "Dweezil") ("Dweezil" is also the name Frank had given to one of Gail's toes), Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, and Diva Muffin. One time he was a guest on the Tonight Show, chatting with guest-host Jay Leno. Leno asked Zappa why he had given his children such unusual names. Zappa answered, in a casual tone of voice, "Because I wanted to!" And that was that. Zappa once said in an interview that if their names ever gave them problems, it would be because of the last name.

Well, Zappa surely had a nerve! :}

Maxflyer
17th Sep 2005, 20:07
Diva Muffin

Absolutely brilliant. He didn't have one called Mary Huff as well did he?