PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating Advice

VITODRAGO
16th Sep 2005, 09:24
Be aware that some type rating courses being sold on the market at present time do not include in the contract the actual take offs and landings on the real aircraft, these courses do not grant that you will actually do those required circuits and the seller always says that it will be very easy to find an operator who will give you an aircraft for that 1 hour of real flying in the circuit. Believe me : no operator will do this, unless you are already hired.

AFTER 6 MONTHES YOUR SIMULATOR TRAINING WILL EXPIRE AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE TYPE RATING.

WHEN YOU BUY A TYPE RATING COURSE YOU WANT TO HAVE IN WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT THAT YOU WILL DO THAT REAL FLIGHT, YOU WANT TO KNOW WHICH OPERATOR WILL BE AND WHEN.

Some friends of mine bought type rating courses which did not have in the contract the real flight and now they are desperate trying to find where to do the real flight, few months from now they will have wasted big monies if they do not succed in buying and performing this real flight.

I have been looking around to shop TR and in many contracts there is no mention about the real flight, in very few there is, but not all of them say WHO and WHEN.

DeltaT
18th Sep 2005, 05:14
IF the training has been in a Zero Flight Time sim, I don't think you need the 3 circuits?