PDA

View Full Version : A-Net Q400 contract - commuting

Chilli Tarts
16th Sep 2005, 06:52
Hi all,

Just a quick question target to anyone out there who is currently under contract with HACS or PAC flying Q400's out of Osaka.

The contract has a US$1000 / month allowance for commuting back to your home country, so with this in mind i have the following questions;

1. After signing the contract, what is the waiting period for ID airfares, and what rates actually apply to this?

2. Can travel be completed with an ID internationally with any Star Alliance carrier and if so what restrictions may apply?

Feedback appreciated,

Cheers CT.

Obbie
16th Sep 2005, 08:45
I'm not sure but I believe the passes kick in at 6 months.

Commuting on passes is risky, one bump and there goes one
of your days off, trapped in a hotel.

At lot of guys simply live in Japan, and put the money towards the rent.

AtoBsafely
17th Sep 2005, 10:45
Chilli Tarts,

The international passes start after 6 months, but as you are training for the first six months that isn't an issue. Domestic passes are limited to six per year, after the first year. You are also limited to 6 ANA international passes, but unlimited ZED fares on star alliance and some other airlines - includes Qantas.

Commuting from Oz isn't the best as SYD - KIX is codeshare operated by JAL, and you can't use the ZED fare. QF does fly out of Narita though. As you travel in your own time, ZED fares are difficult/impossible in the busy summer season and at Christmas/New Year.

There are major problems with this contract though, so be careful. However, apparently there may also be changes in the works... no info yet.