PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ex-BHL will love this site!

Phil Kemp
25th Feb 2001, 02:56
I just checked out this site today.

http://www.skywave.btinternet.co.uk/home_frameset.htm

Anyone that worked for Bristow Helicopters or was associated with them at any time, will surely recognise someone or another from the various pictures and stories on this site!

Fabulous pictures from the past, including many of those great characters who are sadly no longer with us. Also amazing to see so many of my compatriots (my elders) in their younger days - my, what handsome individuals! :)

Superb collection of pictures of the early days, and all those NICE old machines we used to have!

So check it out, then dig into your old picture box and send in those amazing pictures of the great times, jobs and people there!

I do like the pictures of the first S61 being pulled out of the hangar (was that hangar 6(?), the old MT hangar. The concrete strips were still visible). The ship was the first S61 owned by Bristow, G-AZDC and was bought crash damaged from Elivie (I think) in Italy. After being rebuilt, it was a little too large for the door, and they couldn't get it out without cutting these slots in the concrete.

I saw an old copy of Rotor and Wing a few years ago, with a similar picture, shot from outside the hangar when they were removing the ship. Bill Petrie was supervising this task in that picture. Never seen a close-up of this before though - great shot!

Old G-AZDC is still flying around. Following the purchase by Croman/Erickson was operated by Erickson on construction work before being sold to Huisson Aviation. Huisson shortened her and she is still flying around on the East Coast USA doing construction and movie work.

Congratulations to Dave Edwards on a great site, and all the effort he has put into it.

Great work Dave!

Hi, to all the rest of the Bristow guy's, past and present!

[This message has been edited by Phil Kemp (edited 24 February 2001).]

Phil Kemp
26th Feb 2001, 09:15
Well,
Just in case you ever wondered just how small a world this is.

Today I was at the gym here in Bellingham, Washington; when some guy asked me where I had got that Tee-shirt with the S61 on it.

Turns out it was Joe Morgan, ex Bristow, Sabine Pass. Joe is currently flying the A109 on a medical programme here in Bellingham. Have to add, that in my own estimation, covering Whatcom, Skagit and San Juan counties (The San Juan islands between Washington and Vancouver Island B.C), Joe has the most interesting medical flying job out there.

Reminisced about old times and old friends, not least of them Jim Wisecup, who I had a few beers with at the HAI week before last.

Ah, helicopters - you just gotta love it! ;)

400 Hertz
26th Feb 2001, 15:59
Hi Phil

I've seen the site, good news to see all the old faces! I know that there's one piccy missing showing you and a few others grinning from ear to ear next to a Hiller UH-12E. Where are they now?

Keep an eye on the other handy site as well for jobs http://users.eggconnect.net/seabrook/aclinks.htm from Neil Seabrook. Got all the links you need really.

Keep smiling, nice work Dave.

------------------
400 Hertz but DC is easy