PDA

View Full Version : Job Advice Required!

nomercy
15th Sep 2005, 21:34
I am looking for some help from guys working for airlines. I am just the wrong side of forty with ATPL - 5000 hours including 100 turboprop and current MPA / IR. My aim (being realistic because of age ) is to stick with a smaller turboprop operator and work my way up. I have had a few companies say that i would appeal to them - but talk is cheap!
I will be grateful for any ideas or information.

Left Wing
16th Sep 2005, 03:39
If you can spare the money get a type, a comfy FO role should be good as you work your way up. What do you think. You have the hrs for it should make it to Cpt in 1 yr.:ok: Ofcourse this depneds on where you are based?

nomercy
18th Sep 2005, 10:18
I guess that the lack of response to my post suggests that there are not many (if any)companies that prefer long term employees.

I have come across two turboprop companies recently who said that they were desperate for captains and part of the reason for that is a poor recruitment policy with people leaving the company after a very short spell (five months in one case). I know there is always a chance of anyone moving on.

In such a money orientated enviroment it is hard to believe that airlines can accept the disruption and cost of constantly recruiting and training pilots who intend to leave at the first opportunity. and crisis management is considered to be a normal way of working.

Nomercy