PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Validation + Southern Queensland Flying

go_solo
15th Sep 2005, 20:33
Hi guys,

I hold a UK PPL and I'm coming over to Queensland shortly for a 3 week holiday and want to do some flying. I've completed and submitted the SRG 1160 for the UK CAA. However I'm unsure if I need to send over my license, log book etc to get the certificate or can I do it in Brisbane when I arrive, any idea how long this should take?

I'd also appreciate any info on good schools/clubs/places to fly in southern Queensland (between sunshine coast and Bundaberg).

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

namate
15th Sep 2005, 23:52
Hey mate,

Check out Hempels Aviation at Archerfield, they have dealt with many students from the UK and would help you with obtaining a special pilots licence (SPL) through CASA. This is in Brisbane by the way which is a little more south then Sunny Coast but worth it i think.

dude65
16th Sep 2005, 02:52
Soloman

About 30 minute drive south of Caloundra (Sunshine Coast) is Redcliffe.
Check out www.redcliffeaeroclub.com.au

Pretty good on prices,people and aircraft. PM me if you want

Charlie Foxtrot India
16th Sep 2005, 14:24
Go to http://www.casa.gov.au/manuals/regulate/fcl/forms.htm

You will need to fill in forms 1162 and 213.

Fax these with your SRG 1160 and a copy of your licence and medical to a tame CASA licensing person. Sorry I can't help you with one in QLD, its a long way from here; anyone else here have a fax number?

Then they can do the checking before you arrive. Here in WA if all this is done a few weeks in advance the C of V can be issued within 24 hours of the CASA people sighting the original of your licence, logbook and medical. Not sure how long it would take in the Brisbane office.

Enjoy your holiday!

dude65
16th Sep 2005, 23:59
Further to CFI's post ,you may want to get the ball rolling youself.

Give this crowd a try.

CASA Brisbane Office
Manager Allan Frew Ph: 07 3632 4053
Fax: 07 3632 4050

Personal assistant Helen Savill Ph: 07 3632 4051
Fax: 07 3632 4060

Physical and postal address:
39 Navigator Place
Hendra QLD 4011
Email: [email protected]

go_solo
18th Sep 2005, 00:25
Thanks guys, will get a fax away to Brisbane on Monday.

Cheers