PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker problems

sinala1
15th Sep 2005, 17:04
Hi folks,

I am using WinXP SP2 and Windows Movie Maker build 5.1 and am having some problems with it!

I have purchased a Sony DCR803E DVD camcorder. The camcorder came with software that will import the video onto my computer in MPEG format - with the idea being that I drag and drop that video into Movie Maker and edit it etc. The problem being when I drag & drop the video into the MovieMaker timeline, only the audio part shows up, no video - even though when I check the "properties" of the clip it shows up as a "movie file with audio". I thought it may have been something to do with the way I had gotten the video from the camera, so tried it on a different computer running the exact same programmes and versions - and found that on the other PC when I dragged the video clip into the MovieMaker timeline, it showed up as it should - a video portion and a sound portion.

I am not sure if I need a different MPEG2 decoder - I have already downloaded and installed one - and am running out of patience! :confused:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

:ok:

nickshew
19th Sep 2005, 12:29
Sounds like a codec issue.

Have you just tried opening it with the default player and allowing that to retrieve the codec from the internet.

Otherwise you probably got a CD with your camcorder which has the codec on it.

Nick

sinala1
21st Sep 2005, 19:21
Hi Nick,

Yeah I have been able to open the videos fine in Windows Media Player, I think the problem in Movie Maker lies in splitting the audio from the video?

I would do the work on my other computer (the other one I mentioned in my post) however when I finished my project and tried to save it as a movie file, Movie maker crashes! I tried it over and over and it keeps crashing :mad: :mad:

Honestly, I think I am destined not to be able to do this! I am going to australia in 24 hours for a few days and really wanted to take this video home with me.... any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!